+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Questions and Answers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Kind of a dumb question but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. (I hope)

I know we are allowed to sell non video game related stuff, but what about more exotic items?

Namely "K2" and the like. Legal in most states but I could understand if a mod would prefer I not post something like that.

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

This is probably a silly question concerning K2.. oddly enough it's illegal to SELL in my town but not illegal to use (weird).. so is it illegal to buy on-line? I'm sure my answer is his answer as well >_>

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I can't answer this question on the grounds of not knowing what in the world a K2 is.

[edit] Google search tells me it's a mountain. Are you trying to sell mountains?!

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6219210.shtml
    (AP) There may be nothing like the real thing, but some industrious marijuana users have seized on an obscure but easily accessible substance that mimics the drug's effects on the brain - creating a popular trade in legal dope that has stymied law enforcement authorities.

The users are buying a product known as K2 - or "Spice," Genie" and "Zohai" - that is commonly sold in head shops as incense. Produced in China and Korea, the mixture of herbs and spices is sprayed with a synthetic compound chemically similar to THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. Users roll it up in joints or inhale it from pipes, just like the real thing.

Though banned in most of Europe, K2's key ingredients are not regulated in the United States - a gap that has prompted lawmakers in Missouri and Kansas to consider new legislation.

Special Report: Marijuana Nation

"This isn't Jerry Garcia's marijuana," said state Rep. Jeff Roorda, a Democrat from the eastern Missouri town of Barnhart. "They've used chemicals to avoid creating something that's already illegal."

Authorities in Johnson County, Kan., discovered ex-convicts on probation smoking K2, and said it is spreading to high school students.

"This has become extremely popular," said Linda Weber, owner of The Vise smoke shop in the St. Louis suburb of St. Peters, who said she only sells to adults.

She said she sells about 60 packages a week, with suppliers calling her weekly to pitch new brands. She said she's keeping an eye on what state lawmakers decide, though, because "I definitely don't want to be selling it if it comes out that it's harmful."

K2 costs between $20 and $50 for three grams - similar to the street price of marijuana - but with the key advantages of being legal and undetectable in drug tests.

The key ingredients are believed to be the unintended result of scientific research on marijuana's effects.

Dr. John Huffman, a Clemson University organic chemistry professor, was researching the effects of cannabinoids on the brain when his work resulted in a 1995 paper that contained the method and ingredients used to make the compound. That recipe found its way to marijuana users, who replicated Huffman's work and began spraying it onto dried flowers, herbs and tobacco.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

oh lol, ya you definitely can't sell stuff like that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hehe My bad, thanks for responding.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freeko View Post
    Hoping its the right place to ask....

When selling items what is the best or more preferred method of shipping that everyone uses? Regular post office or other shipping services ( i know the buyer can pay and request a certain kind) I am looking for a good shipping method that's cheap but good enough to get the items where they need to be.

When selling used games what is a good source that i can use to compare prices?
    Usually if the item is not too large, I found priority mail do good on it. But most of the stuff I have sold are just old textbook on amazon, which only require me to send through media mail. But I'm not sure about how long media mail will take, although the cost is very cheap.

But anything involve international shipping(except canada), usually I'm preferring express mail, even thought it is expensive.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Can I post links to my personal shop on Etsy or is that not allowed?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ya, that's fine

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I couldn't find this anywhere so I thought I would ask here. Does BG permit links to kickstarter/crowdfunding campaigns?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    I couldn't find this anywhere so I thought I would ask here. Does BG permit links to kickstarter/crowdfunding campaigns?
    We initially discussed having a separate forum for that, but nothing came about it. I, personally, would have no issue with it, but I will check in on it.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yes, but make sure your thread has a lot of info in it. most kickstarters happen in general though so YMMV

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Can you add someone to BG Blacklist from other websites(ebay/amazon)? Reason I ask is that I had a transaction go way wrong and the person and his wife play FFXIV. Since BG is a known forum and getting new members daily, I would want to warn people ahead of time prior to these people trying to pull a fast one on the forums in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. I can PM you the entire story if a Mod would like to review the whole thing prior to making a decision.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

pm me the info and Ill go over it

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Does a HEX Kickstarter pledged alpha invite/account fall under "game stuff"?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

is hex a game?

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It is a game, yes. HEX is an up-and-coming Kickstarter-backed MMOTCG. It's currently in Alpha. I had backed it in April and forgot about it until I got my alpha invite. Now having no means to play it, and have gotten into Magic besides, I wanted to recoup my investment.

I ask here because "game accounts" may or may not translate to alpha invite/backer rewards. Wanted to aks permission incase it was an offense or if there would be stipulations to such a thing.

If you're curious it's the $35 Warrior Tier dealy. HEX Kickstarter

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yeah go ahead, put as much info as you can in the thread about it

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I must say, playing it feels similar to magic the gathering, but it plays so fluidly and fun :D

Is there a rule somewhere that I might have missed that says you cannot offer tips or information in exchange for donation? I had a thread offering to share a link to a 100% legit and official firefox extension that generates coupon codes for stores and in-return I asked, but not required, for a donation if they wanted to show thanks. This thread was deleted with no explanation and I suspect this was due to a random lurker who accused me of peddling some malware program.

The extension is reputable and I have no issues providing the link to be examined. Thanks.