BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blah, decisions decisions.

Acc+10/DW+3 would be a pretty sick TP piece for NIN, but Enmity+5/Fast Cast+5 would be likewise crazy for tanking.

Happy that I don't have to be conflicted about which job to pick for the body... SAM is much better off with Haub+1/Askar(on weak stuff)/Usu. RDM doesn't really benefit at all provided you have a decent selection of endgame bodies.

However, leveling RNG does make it tricky...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Really? That IS a pretty fucking big boost.
    Well, fully merited recast is 50 seconds. With a 45 second recast and +4MAB/-5AGI compared to Denali, you're looking at a pretty broken piece, especially with how much damage a well-geared COR can already do to flying wyrms.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

ATTENTION VERY IMPORTANT !

I will give a (fresh & juicy) Cookie to the FIRST Person to show me a picture of himself wearing one of those armors with +5 and -5 Enmity !!!!

Bonuspoints if you already have - and + Enmity merited !

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Well my big decision

Take the DD for MNK and PUP that i mostly use for merits now

or take mage one for SCH and RDM that i use more in events but still no idea how to augment it lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hey guys I currently only have nin at 75 mnk is almost there should I go with +10 atk and acc? I really don't do much endgame, so I think shura would be tough to obtain, which means making this a hauby like body piece for mnk would be nice

Or should I suck it up and make it a tank piece for nin?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

STR/AGI +5, RATK +10, Snapshot +5% is nasty for shooting RNG; although I am tempted to add ACC +10, Critical Hit Rate +3% as a slightly superior TP piece for Kraken RNG to Pahluwan Body.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

It's pretty decent tbh for mnk. Enkidu+1

I'd get it personally, but I have togi+1 atm and 1 piece from full usu, so I'll decide for something else for my choice of body.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Invictusx View Post
    Or should I suck it up and make it a tank piece for nin?

5% Fastcast looks good but if you tank anything serious you would want the 9% Physical Red from Arhats on and also your NI timer should be max with marches & haste.

If you tank not so hard stuff - you should hit it with your weapons anyway.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok then I am gonna go with the MNK oriented set then thanks

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

you only have to wear the fastcast piece for 600ms! Swap in your arhats or whatever midcast.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Cant decide between Tank or DD stats. I guess I'll flip a coin.

Something witty
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    STR/AGI +5, RATK +10, Snapshot +5% is nasty for shooting RNG;
    I'm a fence sitter on this gear like a lot of guys here (It'd be between rng piece and smn piece for me I think), as to this comment, I'm curious if you would JUST tp in something like this and still ws in osode (i'd assume so)?

Hmmm.

PLD piece: +5 enmity, +5% Fast Cast
    WAR piece: +10 accuracy, +4Store TP/Subtle Blow
    DNC piece: +10 accuracy, +3% dual wield

Decisions, decisions!

I have a Hydra Haubert, so it's tempting to look over the PLD stats, as it would chop down the enmity generated by almost half. Nonetheless, it would help with both casting times and recast times.

I'm Rajas-less, so having a body piece with both Accuracy and StoreTP on it is pretty good.

I also have an Etoile Casaque, and that piece really hits everything necessary on a DNC body piece, namely +attack and +accuracy, but resisting a piece with +dual wielding is extremely difficult.

I'll have to think about this some more.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

2 choices stand out for me... This is going to be difficult. Oh so difficult.

BLM + SCH

(More noticeably Scholar - could this be the best current nuking piece available for the latter?)

Royal redingote
    [Body] All Races
    DEF:40 MP+20 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
    Magic Atk. Bonus +4
    Magic Accuracy +4

COR

(In terms of difference made to the job, this one's huge.)
    Mirke waldecors
    [Body] All Races
    DEF:49 HP+10 MP+10 STR+5 DEX+5 AGI+5
    Magic Atk. Bonus +4
    "Quick Draw" ability delay -5

I hope the switching requirements aren't too excessive. ._.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Eh, Melee didn't do that well either compared to what is available already, that's why I was making the Ethereal comparison with Fast Cast.
    Depends on the job, and what's readily available to the player. ACC + Dual Wield for a number of jobs is a nice option. DRG can now have a Haub if they want it. RNG can get RACC/RATT.
    Not to mention the possibilities for BST or PUP in terms of boosting their pet (granted, pet jobs can use all they can get at this point).

Outside of making some sort of melee hybrid gear for non-SMN mages though, what is there for mages? 4MAcc, 4MAB, -5 Enmity, and 5% Cast / 2.5% recast (half as good as RDM relic, worse than Goliard for recast). On top of half the stats that Errant offers.

Given all that, Auto-Refresh would have been a -great- bone to toss out. 10MAcc instead of 4 would have been nice too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It would make sense do add a craftable material necessary to augment the items, so you complete the final mission or w/e and receive your body, then need to trade a certain item to augment.

This could really help crafting if it's done right I think

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I'm sticking with my aurum, but I am curious though how haub would fare against Askar since the other 2handers keep the haub over Askar when Askar could lower their hit build
    DRG with Gungnir/Ryunohige/Thalassocrat needs Store TP +26, so +5 outside /SAM/Rajas/Brutal. Valkyrie's Fork only needs an additional +2 since it already has +3 on it.

WAR with Perdu Voulge/Conqueror needs +22, so +1 outside the usual. Bravura needs a total of +27, so +6 outside of the standard pieces.

DRK with Perdu Sickle needs +23, so +2 outside the usual. Apocalypse needs +21 so no additional Store TP is needed outside what is normally used.

SAM already can fulfill 6-hit without having to make any huge adjustments.

Why don't WARs and DRKs push for 6-hit as much as SAMs and DRGs? My best guess is a combination of deep-seated tradition and less full time accuracy. DRG has Accuracy Bonus II for an additional +22 full time. SAM obtains 6-hit naturally with their accepted gear choices without having to give up accuracy.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    5% Fastcast looks good but if you tank anything serious you would want the 9% Physical Red from Arhats on and also your NI timer should be max with marches & haste.

If you tank not so hard stuff - you should hit it with your weapons anyway.
    Ah, but that's what the -dmg macro is for, no?

If shadows are up, -dmg works like zee goggles. Sure, you can't always anticipate an untimely DA or AoE, but there's no reason you can't just use the Arhat's as tanking gear on stuff that you know is going to rape shadows and get Fast Cast the rest of the time.

I know some groups always rotate BRDs for everything, but let's face it, most don't. I'd rather have March/Ballad than 2x March if I'm only getting 2 songs, and most of the time I'd rather give a second BRD to another party.

If I have one BRD (normal), and if I'm getting 1 March (normal), I'm sitting at -45% recast, so I'll happily take another second off Stun and Ni timers, and as a free bonus get slightly quicker casts without losing +Enmity.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pretty torn on how to augment for rng, snapshot for sure, but I'm still undecided on R.Acc or R.Att. Well when all else fails go with the standard stack acc gear and eat meat. Still this is pretty sexy TP piece for rng.

Something witty
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

not sure why you'd pick racc over ratk, it's easy to toss on racc in another slot if you actually need it (toss on a ring or af2 pants or something).