Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

* Only One out of the 3 equip can be obtained at a time.

* If a chosen equipment is thrown away, it is possible to get another one under certain condition, and this, several times.

* As for all classical FFXI extension, only one registered code of "Crystalline Prophecy" is needed for one Playonline account.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hmmmm 3 rare/ex body pieces released with the purchase of the new mini-expansion. Could we be looking at the rewards for completing the missions?

1 mage. 1 melee. 1 other

Just like other rewards like CoP & ToAU.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Did you think people were gonna buy it cause they want a cool story? HECK NO! They want LEET PIMPED GEARZ YO

SE is smart to advertise such good customizable gear as the reward for the missions to get people to buy the expansion. Smart...but maybe a little anticlimatic...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    and just for everyone who argued that these wouldn't outdo an NQ haubergeon

you can make them better than an NQ haubergeon
    More like you can make them equal to NQ haubergeon (where it matters) and they are still worse then HQ haubergeon, so I don't see the point (for me).

There do seem a few options that make them better/unique to their specific counterparts. For example the COR body mentioned before with MAB and -QD recast on a body piece. The Fast Cast effect could be nice but only for BLM really, most of the other caster jobs get Fast Cast from either relic or salvage (Marduk).

Since those base items have stats on them it makes me somewhat hopeful that some reasonably good items will be augmentable albeit only slightly.

would be nice to macro in fast cast for BLM, or just build yourself a better body on BLM than Ah stuff.

(INT+5) MAB+4, MAC+4 is, damage wise, better than NQ weskit and slightly worse than HQ, while being better than HQ as far as accuracy goes.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Must admit that I am looking forward to massive discussions between better number crunchers than me for the next few days. From first glance none of the options really affect me, having situationally better options for most of it, I will admit to severe curiosity as to how the bastard child of a haubergeon and RNG af body (Mirke with +10 racc and either snapshot or -enm upgrade) would perform though, both tp and ws wise

edit: I do rather appreciate the visual of the mage body though, but the hell would I ever use it for :/
    edit2: Think the following expansions will add corresponding pieces for other body parts o.O?

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

+5 enmity and the fast cast makes for an epic flash piece for PLD.
    Well for solo atleast.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pet acc +15 and Pet DA+crit+2%, and I'm going to go a beastmasterin.

or do i want acc+10 crit+3.. or dual wield/acc+10... or crit/dual...

OR DO I WANT MAB FOR SOME KICKASS PRIMAL RENDS?

hory shit.

aww hell, Fast Cast and Dual Wield. i think thats a keeper

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    edit2: Think the following expansions will add corresponding pieces for other body parts o.O?
    That's a good point, they might. I would expect Legs and Head to be the other 2 pieces. I can't wait to see the debates about which augments are best for each job, I'm sure they will help me choose too although I'm already leaning strongly in favor of avatar stuff.

Thing is, I'd wish for this to be a body piece that would be useful on many jobs, not just one for one situation like people are mentioning (like QD or Flash). Unfortunately, it looks like it's set up to pretty much be tailored exactly to one job one situation lol... that part of it does kinda suck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Oh God, i don't know which i would pick....DRG one or the NIN one...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I guess they get their intended diversity like that. unfortunately I cant come up with a single combination superior to the gearsets I have for my jobs currently.... maybe fastcast + enmity as a rdm tank lol?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I posted this in the other thread, let me repost... (MaachaQ, you can use these links if you would like to not destroy your imageshack's bandwidth.)

For those who are curious and/or cannot view PoL at work:

A Crystalline Prophecy - BGWiki

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/2/2...escription.png

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/e/e...escription.png

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/c/c...escription.png

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/f/f...uppliments.png

And it appears that part of this is in French. Hopefully they will update that later.

P.S. "Feature in development- details subject to change". Please change all of the mage stats, because they are pretty terrible. (Seriously, Magic Accuracy +4, that is just damn sad.)

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Enmity +/- 5 is pretty huge depending on what you can put it on... freaking 5% Fast Cast looks borderline broken too (in a good way!).
    I have a body piece with Fast Cast +10 that was released in the first expansion, Fast Cast +5 is not even close to broken. (Seriously, people need to get past gear that is only semi-good being broken.)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ethican View Post
    I guess they get their intended diversity like that. unfortunately I cant come up with a single combination superior to the gearsets I have for my jobs currently.... maybe fastcast + enmity as a rdm tank lol?
    People, stop thinking they'll release stuff to outdo current 'end-game gear'..that isn't the point.

DAKPluto

HELLO SMN

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So is Augmenting only for those 3 pieces? I was under the assumption that it would be other synthesis equipment as well. I wonder if they'll allow similar stats on the synthesis equips, would be nice.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Augmenting will be available on other armor pieces as well, but since we don't know how the augments are actually applied yet no one can tell what they will be for the 'normal' armors, or if they're even applied the same way as these special reward armors. Should be interesting to see how it all goes down.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    So is Augmenting only for those 3 pieces? I was under the assumption that it would be other synthesis equipment as well. I wonder if they'll allow similar stats on the synthesis equips, would be nice.
    From what they've said so far, Augmenting will be available for a wide variety of pieces, not just these three. How wide remains to be seen.

The relevant narrowing of your question would probably be:
    Are THESE augments available in general, or just to these three specific armors. Whilst they had a disclaimer when they first mentioned it, one of the examples given added HP/MP, and another str and vit (?), so chances are the examples posted today are tied in, but the final product will encompass much more, maybe.

edit: (with final product; I mean the entire augment system, I need to stop posting with half my head in a financial law book >< actually, I need to stop procrastinating and reading forums, but dear god financial law is boring...)

Aselin

It'll also be on other armors as well according to the last update news.

Also, thinking I'm going Store TP+4/Subtle Blow+4 and Pet Crit. hit rate/Double attack for my DRG on Nuevo Coselette.

Already have 8 polearm merits and capped critical hit rate merits.

But, such a toughy on what to decide. >_<)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think there will lesser augmentable gear in general once the update happens. I think I remember reading that the rewards from Crystalline Prophecy would be a bit special. I don't expect to be able to put the kind of stats we see here on everything.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Clearly they're only talking about the CP armor <.< I also doubt they'll allow people to augment most of these kind of stats to those armors, if they do would be nice, but would also cause people to become retarded with base item prices, e.g you'll definitely see say the Gambison go from 10k to 700k because most crafters are that fucking retarded.