Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

finally get honored with golden lotus

quest bugs out, npc to hand it in is nowhere to be found.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    finally get honored with golden lotus

quest bugs out, npc to hand it in is nowhere to be found.
    Is it the crystal quest? I got that like a week ago and mobs phased out so I abandoned it. Could never find the quest NPC again until it magically showed up at the Golden Pagoda yesterday lol.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

nah, it's where I had to follow He Softfoot into the Guo-Lai ruins, fight some shit, get captured, He sets us free. Now I have to turn it in at Leven Dawnblade at the golden pagoda, but he's not there. He's at the shado pan garrison in the vale, but that version won't accept the quest.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

A decade later, they have no idea how long fixes will take...

Don't tell me I could be playing in an hour, then wait until the deadline to update with a no ETA message. They do that every fkn time and they waste hundreds of thousands of player's hours in sitting in wait.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post

Don't tell me I could be playing in an hour, then wait until the deadline to update with a no ETA message. They do that every fkn time and they waste hundreds of thousands of player's hours in sitting in wait.
    A decade later, people still expect servers to be up when they are supposed to be up.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You've never actually been responsible for a server have you.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Whenever I see a maint coming up, I add 2-3 hours to the end before I even check if its up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm sure if there was a 5 minute maintenance per year people would still bitch and complain about it.

For as colossal as the game is, and what I'd imagine to be some incredibly complex coding (can't even fathom what goes into shit like CRZ), blizz does one hell of a job at having as much up time as they possibly can.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    I'm sure if there was a 5 minute maintenance per year people would still bitch and complain about it.

For as colossal as the game is, and what I'd imagine to be some incredibly complex coding (can't even fathom what goes into shit like CRZ), blizz does one hell of a job at having as much up time as they possibly can.
    CRZ blows my mind. Killing world bosses on other servers and the shit still spawns on your own with its normal timer. Am I some how being streamed onto another server I mean what the fuck is happening. I hate thinking about it cause it just doesn't make sense to me that it can happen in the first place. KT is an outrageously high pop server and when I see people from other servers it's like how could we possibly handle any more.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I think the technology for CRZ is amazing but it's poorly implemented, the fact that they had to turn off the fishing tournaments because of it means that they didn't fully test and/or think it through. And they turned it off for WG/TB which are two zones which I would think would benefit most from it since no one does them anymore (well some people may still do TB, I doubt it though, WG was a ghost town once Cata hit) and if you didn't join the game during that current expansion, you're shit out of luck for the achievements.

It really annoys me that I'm still getting dismounted at zones, and a lot of these times I have to spirit rez. And every time I zone I get major lag, which makes me nervous that I'm going to be dismounted again. I liked smooth zonelines, if they would fix that I would complain a lot less about CRZ.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have never once had nor heard of anyone else having any of the same problems you mentioned. KT is super high pop and idk if it makes a difference, but I've never had lag at zone lines or been dismounted. I do dismount people with blue turtle shells though.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's been one of the biggest complaints on the forums. Lately you probably don't hear about it because CRZ isn't in effect on the Pandaria zones, but even flying from Org to Durotar to do Brewfest I'm getting lagged as I zone.

They fixed some of the bugs but they still need to work on it.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

CRZ is probably based off the node technology CCP uses to allow ~60k people to play on one server in EVE.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Random Complaint Thread

Not really even close. Each individual system in eve is its own server app. Systems which see little to no activity will be on the same shard as other low to empty systems. Jita is always its own node. The busier the area the fewer other areas they'll share a shard with. It's easy to have a "persistent all in one world" game when it's split the way Eve is. The crz and phasing blizzard uses seems a lot more technically complicated.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

"based off" not "exact duplicate"

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I have never once had nor heard of anyone else having any of the same problems you mentioned. KT is super high pop and idk if it makes a difference, but I've never had lag at zone lines or been dismounted. I do dismount people with blue turtle shells though.
    yeah I can definitely attest to this stuff, first day or 2 after 5.0 hit I started occasionally getting dismounted, seems to be related to that shit where every skill pops up, and that fraction of a second there where the game thinks you have no riding skill

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm guessing it is related to this, but every once in a while flying between old zones, my character grunts and loses maybe 25% of his health. Never get hit by anything according the log and recount doesn't even pick it up.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Wtb BoA flying tome for leveling alts...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by seph32 View Post
    Wtb BoA flying tome for leveling alts...
    I'm not touching my alts for anything but crafting from now on... The massive rep grinds (even at double speed the second time) and ground mounts are hopefully the start of Blizz encouraging people to only have one char as a main and only put time into that.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not touching my alts for anything but crafting from now on... The massive rep grinds (even at double speed the second time) and ground mounts are hopefully the start of Blizz encouraging people to only have one char as a main and only put time into that.
    I'm in the same boat. I just do not enjoy questing. My DK is 40% (approx) into 87, and yes, I've not been playing as much and questing reallllllly makes me sleepy. I do some dungeons but can only do so much haha. The beginning 2 aren't so much fun either. Out DPSing level 90s as tank is kind of funny though.

This is actually encouraging me to do other things I've been putting off recently lol. I'll eventually get my War/Pala (both tanks) to 90 but ever so more slowly but until there's an EXP cut I don't think I'll manage it anymore. This is just so I can tank/raid with something for the guild.

Oddly enough, a lot of people in my guild are progressing on their 3rd/4th 90.

Massive respect/kudos to the people that have the patience/willpower/interest to do it though. Maybe I'm just getting old for real this time! haha