BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Just kind of frustrating to be honest. It's nothing terrible, just annoying. I love how the horde will start camping the flight point in WG when they are going to win. If it looks like a lost cause I generally will attempt to find a nice little hidey hole to wait in until I can summon my birdy and gtfo.
    I can't stand when we are defending, and people run up to the 2 cannons in the middle front, and get killed/pulled down and whatever and give the horde easy vehicles. Why not just sit inside and do nothing and force a turtle where they have no ranks/vehicles for the first 10minutes until they kill enough NPC's.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I can't stand when we are defending, and people run up to the 2 cannons in the middle front, and get killed/pulled down and whatever and give the horde easy vehicles. Why not just sit inside and do nothing and force a turtle where they have no ranks/vehicles for the first 10minutes until they kill enough NPC's.
    But this would require some thought and patience

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

HAH! On my server, Horde is frequently accused of cheating because they always have sieges within the first 2 minutes when they attack.

After I moved my shammy over to Horde, I took a gander to see what was up. EVERY time - without fail - we get rushed by 10-15 ally people who try to take broken temple.

Dude! When we enter WG, we'll have like 30 stacks of tenacity for the first 30 seconds. Don't give us free kills, stupid! On Alliance side, people say "don't go out and give them free kills" yet morons still rush to the Broken Temple. My shammy is 78 and weak as a kitten, but when I enter with the immediate tenacity, I one-shot everything. I always get FL in a matter of seconds - always. People are stupid.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    HAH! On my server, Horde is frequently accused of cheating because they always have sieges within the first 2 minutes when they attack.

After I moved my shammy over to Horde, I took a gander to see what was up. EVERY time - without fail - we get rushed by 10-15 ally people who try to take broken temple.

Dude! When we enter WG, we'll have like 30 stacks of tenacity for the first 30 seconds. Don't give us free kills, stupid! On Alliance side, people say "don't go out and give them free kills" yet morons still rush to the Broken Temple. My shammy is 78 and weak as a kitten, but when I enter with the immediate tenacity, I one-shot everything. I always get FL in a matter of seconds - always. People are stupid.
    This is going to sound completely retarded to anyone that's on a server where Alliance outnumbers horde, but...

Wintergrasp is imbalanced, in favor of horde.

It's because of where you rez, and where the 2 sides enter.

"What the fuck?" Yeah, I know, hear me out.

Alliance enter on the east side. This means that the vast majority of alliance attacks come from... dun dun dun... the east side.

You know what leads you directly to the east side, straight into the path of the majority of alliance attacks?

The base graveyard.

So, what happens is, if you attack from the west, you get a brief respite from defenders each time you kill a wave. Sure, it only takes 20 seconds to run from east to west, but that's a good 20-30k dmg per engine each time.

If you're attacking from the east, you've got constant rez waves that literally have no choice but to run directly to the spot that most needs to be defended.

So, basically, the only way Alliance can even hope to equalize is to forget sunken ring entirely, and keep the fight for broken temple going the entire match. If you can do that, you can occasionally pull out a win on defense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

you're right, it sounds completely retarded lol.

alliance outnumber us something like 4:1 and it's always a lost cause unless something stupid happens. Case in point: yesterday, attackers were spawning inside of WG keep. If was fucking hilarious. We got dumped right by the wg doors and the alliance were caught completely off guard. i got 168 kills and a 4 minute wintergrasp win because of it lol. I've never in my life seen such a complete slaughter.

Ridill
    BG Level

Blackrock is 3:1 horde:ally, our archavon's log last I checked was something like:

Horde

Victories Defending: 450
    Victories Attacking: 850

Alliance

Victories Defending: 8
    Victories attacking: 850

It's a numbers game more than anything, but horde technically has a small advantage when defending.

If anything it's an advantage simply through leading the sheep in the right direction, you can't not notice a huge attack when you run right through it when you rez, the idiots will never even notice a big attack from the west.

Short Yellow Bus Driver
    BG Level

You have an open ticket, approximate time remaining: 4 min
    Actual time waited? 3hrs for every approximate hour!

where do you check the WG log btw? i'm interested in that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

count yourself lucky. my last ticket took a full 24 hours. the one before? 3 days before i gave up on it.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by desertigloo View Post
    You have an open ticket, approximate time remaining: 4 min
    Actual time waited? 3hrs for every approximate hour!

where do you check the WG log btw? i'm interested in that
    It's inside the keep, next to where the relic sits during the fight; giant book on the floor (stand at the summoning stone and turn and look back to where the relic is, you'll see it)

Short Yellow Bus Driver
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    count yourself lucky. my last ticket took a full 24 hours. the one before? 3 days before i gave up on it.
    oh no, i meant that's when a timer finally appeared. I placed the call at 1PM on tuesday.

3 times now I've gone with a pug 25man to ToC, and 3 times now we've stopped at Anub... and this is on regular mode. Maybe someday I'll actually get to kill him.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Wintergrasp is imbalanced, in favor of horde.
    Yeah, that minor imbalance doesn't make up for the imbalance that is AV in favor of the alliance.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Yeah, that minor imbalance doesn't make up for the imbalance that is AV in favor of the alliance.
    The recent changes fixed that in that nobody queues for AV anymore.

Being called a ninja for rolling on the cloth gloves from ToC normal.. Told the guy i'd trade them to him if they didn't drop again. So they drop again and the retard didn't loot them before we reset. Anyways, next they threaten to kick me if I don't trade the mail legs to the Shaman.. who did around 500 dps and was level 76 and couldn't use them. I understand that it's unfair to roll on cloth when there are others wanting them but, mail that someone can't use? /facepalm

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

just finish my tank set, ive only tanked 1 heroic. total. at all. what does my guild do? Hey lets have him tank toc 10! THATS A GOOD IDEA! put a tank with next to zero experience up front. fucking stupid.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    just finish my tank set, ive only tanked 1 heroic. total. at all. what does my guild do? Hey lets have him tank toc 10! THATS A GOOD IDEA! put a tank with next to zero experience up front. fucking stupid.
    DK tank is so faceroll. Coming from my experience as one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

fucking priests in arena 2v2, down to me and a healing priest, fought for a good 30 some minutes it felt like because the asshole didnt want to just leave the arena, finally killed him after i outran his mana and finally got enough burst in to finish the fucking dude. anyone else hate assholes that run out the timer as much as possible even if they know they cant win, instead of taking a 6 point loss they risk a 17 point loss for a draw.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've had a few 45min matches, quite fun....

One that lasted a good 20min in 3v3, rmp vs rmp, me and the other rogue died on top of each other, their priest tried to get a rez off and somehow rezzed me instead of his rogue lol. Was an easy win after that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I've had a few 45min matches, quite fun....

One that lasted a good 20min in 3v3, rmp vs rmp, me and the other rogue died on top of each other, their priest tried to get a rez off and somehow rezzed me instead of his rogue lol. Was an easy win after that.
    ...what? How's that even possible?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Same faction