+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 533 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Complaint Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Shiv is going to take it up the ass in a patch or two. It'll be funny to watch the gloating on the ZAM forums then :D

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    This is a good one, Enjoy this complaint:

Allakhazam Forums, and Theophany on the Rogue forums.

With FFXI, and many other games, ZAM has been trying to establish itself as a credible source for ENDGAME information, and it's doing a decent job. It used to be noobs only, but that no longer is the case.

Theo used to be a great source for rogue information, he's made a lot of stickies, helped with UI's, and then started bashing people who didn't read stickies or called him out on wrong information. I absolutely love to find a post of his that is retarded.

Anyway, he has stated that he pretty much quit his rogue for his DK... ok cool... SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL GIVING ROGUE INFORMATION IF YOU ARE MISLEAD AND DONT KEEP UP ON THE FACTS.

I'm quoting him in here: He said Shiv isn't "Viable" cause it doesn't perform as well as "HAT stacked group, HFB (or combat, since it wasn't too great last i checked)"

Shiv is fucking amazing until 3.1 - and Combat performs AS WELL as mutilate with decent gear. Don't fucking mislead people. Someone else on the thread said they stopped reading when "combat daggers" was mentioned in a post, well hey, that was speculated to be pretty damn strong on PTR until PPM poisons. Don't be ignorant about trying new things.

Now someone else is calling me out because I replied to theo saying "combat is equal to mutilate in BIS gear pretty much"... and this guy says "You said BIS? Worst Rebuttle ever, not everyone has access to BIS gear"

Hey, Guess what, NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25man Naxx, 25man EOE, and 25man 3 DRAKE OS are all Puggable. As soon as you hit 80, you have access to BIS gear... The entire thread is about Shiv spec as it is, which requires high end gear. ZAM is trying to make itself an endgame source of information, there is NO reason not to use terminology like BIS and assuming people have access to end game gear in ANY forum since every instance can be done with random people on the fly including people in blues.

/rant off.

God I hope he fucking replies to me now, FUCKING DO IT, TELL ME THAT JUST BECAUSE AN INSTANCE IS PUGGABLE DOESNT MEAN PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS TO THE GEAR IN IT.

ok now /rant off. Fucking Zam, I like the site, but the people, oh god the people. Stop looking at high post counts on forums like these and assume they have all the information, he quit his rogue for his DK, he is behind the times, he is wrong sometimes too.
    You both made valid points really; theorizing about Shiv now seems kind of futile when we already know it's going down the tubes in 3.1, though he's still wrong for saying it's never been good.

And while you may be able to get BiS stuff within hours/days of hitting 80, you're not likely to fill out many of your slots unless you get really lucky...so it's an impractical argument for most of the playerbase. Shouldn't be discounted, but neither does it lend to a strong argument in favor of a particular spec when you can always just respec once you get the gear to support it. That guy who made the combat daggers comment is a moron though regardless.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It's not about getting it within hours/days, it's that you have access to it, you can run the instances and get it there are no attunements or keys. If you're lucky on rolls, you could theoretically be BIS completely pretty quickly. My alt geared out at probably 1/10th the time of my rogue. Rogue took months, alt took month lol.

So there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to discuss BIS options on a forum like ZAM, just because the playerbase may be lower end, they can still get the gear, it doesn't take a hardcore guild.

There are still 2weeks at least of shiv being viable, if you can make use of it, it's worth talking about or speccing into it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

With only one raid lockout left before 3.1 I think Combat Shiv is a pretty dead discussion. 'BIS' at that point will be redefined and it's not worth speccing into for one raid.

im convinced that everyone who rolled DK is terrible at this game, and if you don't get a frostwyrm as a dk/pally you probably need to quit this game. seriously fuck the lack of class balance in pvp. they NEVER should have introduced dk into the game, such a terrible idea

Season 6, hopefully better.
    Lol at 2v2 Rankings - Arena Junkies DK-pally are 44/100 teams listed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    im convinced that everyone who rolled DK is terrible at this game, and if you don't get a frostwyrm as a dk/pally you probably need to quit this game. seriously fuck the lack of class balance in pvp. they NEVER should have introduced dk into the game, such a terrible idea

Good thing I rolled one to tank and not to arena. I guess I'm still a bad though.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Good thing I rolled one to tank and not to arena. I guess I'm still a bad though.
    lol parry nerf :D

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    there are always exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Season 6, hopefully better.
    Lol at 2v2 Rankings - Arena Junkies DK-pally are 44/100 teams listed.

#3 team on the list has a pretty funny team name

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    With only one raid lockout left before 3.1 I think Combat Shiv is a pretty dead discussion. 'BIS' at that point will be redefined and it's not worth speccing into for one raid.
    Season 5 ends on 14th, 1week before season6, blues say they want to release content simultaneously with seasons... probably 21st or 28th for 3.1

That means you have 1.5-2.5 weeks before shiv spec dies. Is it not worth maximizing your dps for raids? Either way, the post was about how ZAM is trying to gain End game content credibility, and some faggot said the word "best in slot" shouldn't be used on allah.

If you can pug the content without attunments or keys, with PUGS, then best in slot gear is available the moment you hit 80 as long as you win rolls. Pretty sure that term can belong on Zam.

The rest of the rant was how the fucker always just sticks to cookie cutter shit, if he doesn't keep up on rogue information, then he needs to stop posting false information about how Shiv can't be good, combat is bad, etc, when he has no fucking clue. Gee, how did we find out that HAT was so good? We tried something besides the cookiecutter build. Genius.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Didn't say it wasn't worth it not to maximize your DPS, but I'm pretty sure I only have one sword over ilvl 200 and that's Widow's Fury. Last time I checked, Rogues should spec towards the gear they are rewarded and in my present situation, one unenchanted WF is not a good start to a Combat Shiv build. Unless I get a Hailstorm tonight the Shiv math is not going to catch up to my current Mut build. Hell I'm not even confident I can get very far respeccing HaT due to the extremely variable makeup of my PUGs. Last night saw me for the first time in three months in the company of an enhancement shammy AND a ret pally in the same group. Yeah you bet I wish I was HaT at the time, but the fact that the bosses still died in a reasonable time means that 'good enough' trumps spending the money to respec and min/max my character for that one raid. Spec inertia aka 'cookie cutter syndrome' is less fragile with variable buffs and raid scenarios, which is why Mut will probably still dominate the Rogue scene in 3.1. Will other specs catch up/surpass it as Ulduar gear starts dropping? I look forward to it. I'm not married to my spec, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Season 5 ends on 14th, 1week before season6, blues say they want to release content simultaneously with seasons... probably 21st or 28th for 3.1
    Er, no, Blues said that when 3.1 goes live, season 5 is over. 1 week into 3.1, they will launch season 6. Which means s5 ends and shiv "dies" this Tuesday, unless they push the patch another week out.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

FUCKING ROLLED A 2 ON ENVOY OF MORTALITY FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Er, no, Blues said that when 3.1 goes live, season 5 is over. 1 week into 3.1, they will launch season 6. Which means s5 ends and shiv "dies" this Tuesday, unless they push the patch another week out.
    And they ALSO said they want to release raid content and pvp content differently then they have been, so season 5 doesn't repeat itself with people in full raid gear dominating early on. But it was more of a "future" content type of thing.

Aurik do you have a link to that blue post saying season5 ends the day 3.1 goes live by chance? I know they said they are "pushing" to end season5 on the 14th, and that 1week later s6 will start, but that's the only blue post I have saved. I'd really like to link it to a friend of mine for bargaining purposes

I was hoping for 3.1 to be on the 21st, this week is just not a good week for me to have it released yet lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Yeah they want to end season5 on the 14th, I'm not sure they want to push a patch out right after a holiday weekend. Remember they did delay the beginning of season 3 so that the first week of it wouldn't coincide with thanksgiving. It would be pleasant to have 3.1 out on this Tuesday but I firmly expect it to be the 21st.

New Merits
    BG Level

In 5 full clears of Naxxramas 10 and 4 of the 25, these are the mage-desirable main-hands which I have not seen drop at all:
    Blade of Dormant Memories
    Grieving Spellblade
    Haunting Call
    Life and Death
    The Soulblade
    Note that all but The Soulblade drop from multiple bosses, and Haunting Call is a straight up zone-drop.

The Turning Tide has dropped once, although I rolled a mighty 19 on it and was subsequently smashed by 3 holy paladins, 3 other mages, and 2 warlocks.

I'm actually looking forward to 3.1 just for the fact that I'll be able to land a 408sp craftable dagger to finally replace my sad little 'revered is awesum!' Flameheart Spell Scalpel.

fkin RNG...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Why would a holy paly roll on that sword?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Why would a holy paly roll on that sword?
    Maybe because it's the best holy pally weapon in the game by a loooong ways?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Because it's best in slot?

If you're asking why he'd roll on it over Mages and Warlocks then, unless it's a PuG where no one gives a shit about that sorta stuff, I don't know. You don't heal things to death faster, you don't tank things to death faster. It's why I never took Tempest of Chaos on my Paladin back when we were forced to use that shit. That stuff belongs on DPS first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 533 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast