Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

cursed Cap crafting conditions

Ok... Im going to be doing cursed cap synths soon in hopes of an HQ. My question to you mighty BG crafters is:

If there was no such thing as superstition and crafting actually had something to do with the moon phase (lol nice joke right?) which moon phase and what day do you recommend i craft these cursed caps?

since it is a earth crystal synthesis i was thinking either full moon darksday or windsday... but i dont know wtf im talking about when it comes to crafting (thus why im posting) and heard somewhere that new moon is good for HQs too? idk lol.. so any input would be great, even if it is just

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...oyourbutts.jpg

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh brother. In before flame fest. Here's the answer: it's all superstition and luck. You can look in these forums and see 100's of posts with someone along the lines of "What is the best day an direction for "x" synth" and all of them get the same response, if you wanna look at something though.

Crafting Skill Ups - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Someone light the Sath lamp. He loves dicussing methods like moon phase and direction. He will absolutely be 100% behind this thread.

Dear Sath, where art thou?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

maybe i was a bit too tired when i made this post, Mods can lock this now i geuss i got my quick answer before the flames and pitchforks~

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You should edit your first post with.

"Disregard, I was tired and stupid."

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

That is all a bunch of crap, the only way to better your chance at HQ is doing more synths.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Darksday

When I get 4 breaks in a row on a lvl 19 synth for black pearls you know something is up.(ie Darksday higher break, but higher HQ percentage) When I look and see o its Darksday maybe there is something to this, so I wait till new moon darksday 1/1 cursed subby -1. The key to HQ no matter what anyone says is a rolll of the dice sometimes the odds are slightly in your favor. Try to get out of the habit of doing x number of synths at a time. your trying to get lucky that one time not HQ the first then loose all your profit cause you have x number of synths left. If your not getting your HQ in one or two put it down and come back you may be luckier next time.

and for the record

Cursed cap -1 2/6.
    cursed subby -1 1/1

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I would love to see tests that involved tier 2 or less. People are so snobbish when it comes to claiming that day and moonphase have no effect on HQ but when they can't support their claims with data they're no different than the sheep that do claim it has an effect.

And if you're wondering why I would think that day doesn't affect T3 but does affect T0/T1/T2, the idea has been tossed around since Eruntalon but consider this: treasure hunter doesn't increase drop rates beyond 50%, I have data proving this that I will be releasing soon. If you can't improve treasure hunter beyond 50%, it's not unreasonable to assume that you can't improve drop rates beyond 50% either.

OP: new moon windsday. Even if it doesn't affect your HQ rate, it couldn't hurt just in case.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Except, it does hurt because you're potentially ruining the amount of synthesis' you do, lowering your chances of getting an HQ.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

wth is a shubby?

Blah Blah moonphase/day does matter. Think crafting is more special/different than: Chocobo digging, Gardening, Fishing, NM spawns, Salvage (Zhayolm), etc etc? No...it's all the same game, and SE thinks up some sick & twisted ways to "do things right".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    That is all a bunch of crap, the only way to better your chance at HQ is doing more synths.
    Going to leave it at this since you've had some quality posts recently. We'll pretend this thread didn't happen.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    Except, it does hurt because you're potentially ruining the amount of synthesis' you do, lowering your chances of getting an HQ.
    You'd be taking more time to get an HQ, but you wouldn't be lowering your chances.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You'd be going deeper into the negative via opportunity cost of gil spent and hypothetically actually losing more money than if you had nq/break/hq the synths immediately.

Does it physically lower your percentage? No. Does it rob you of possible profit, opportunity, and beneficial circumstances outside of crafting to tie up gil unnecessarily while waiting for magic pixie dust to queef out your vagina? Yes.

If in-game economics were as simple as "i has gil! i has buy item nao!" we'd all have every relic and every hq in every possible slot. Ignoring hardened standards of free market economy for wishes and dreams is beyond silly and ultimately harmful in the end.

Please, don't start this shit again.

While I'm not trying to defend anything here...if you're not rich enough to just spam the fuck out of semi-expensive synths whenever you want, superstitions don't really hurt that much. Craft 2-3 every whatever the fuck moon you want, it'll take longer to sell them all than for the moon cycle to return to your superstition probably, just saying.

And since I'm in this forum atm anyway, does anyone have a link to testing done on HQ tiers? Seems like such a stupid system.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Jojojo View Post
    I would love to see tests that involved tier 2 or less. People are so snobbish when it comes to claiming that day and moonphase have no effect on HQ but when they can't support their claims with data they're no different than the sheep that do claim it has an effect.

And if you're wondering why I would think that day doesn't affect T3 but does affect T0/T1/T2, the idea has been tossed around since Eruntalon but consider this: treasure hunter doesn't increase drop rates beyond 50%, I have data proving this that I will be releasing soon. If you can't improve treasure hunter beyond 50%, it's not unreasonable to assume that you can't improve drop rates beyond 50% either.

OP: new moon windsday. Even if it doesn't affect your HQ rate, it couldn't hurt just in case.
    Day/Moon doesn't have an effect on any tier. I have no recorded tests but b memory the last 3 times I've tried HQ staves on Iceday (tier 2, wind synth) I went 1/22, 2/15, and 0/12 Does that mean Iceday is bad for wind synths? Of course not, just means I ran into some crap luck.

People are so quick to say "amg I broke a few synths and its darksday, that means darksday is bad for success!" Try a bigger sample size (much bigger) and you'll realize none of it matters.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1/46 for my -1 cap and I made the first 35 synths during new moons and darksday. After almost a year of that I just said fuck it and hammered out the last ~10 synths on some random day/moon and it put out.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Wheel22 View Post
    1/46 for my -1 cap and I made the first 35 synths during new moons and darksday. After almost a year of that I just said fuck it and hammered out the last ~10 synths on some random day/moon and it put out.
    Inb4 lightday is the best for HQ.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

0/112~ on cursed cap -1, 100+3, trying everything from full moon to new moon, every theory or crafting voodoo ever - random is random, gl to you on your cap.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think you should only do it on half moon watersday.

When you hq you can come back and tell me i was right!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

we know moon does shit for fishing so why is it so hard to think it *might* do something for crafting. just saying.

Let them do what they want. It does not kill them to hold onto mats till x moon, so long as they buy the shit its all the same. so just stfu unless you have numbers to prove it one way or the other.

"I got XXX HQ on the wrong day so day of week does nothing bla bla"

next person;

"I got XXX HQ on the right day so it does do something"

show us prof of your 10,000+ sys's per *good* and *bad* day or *good* and *bad* moon then talk. on a ~1% rate you would have to run more then 10,000 tests is my guess.

who wants to run the numbers and tell me how many you would need to test on a T0 sys to prove this?