FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Rapture is coming?

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Obviously their game is dying and theyre putting all the crazy stuff in, duh.
    Free relics from NPCs

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy fucking shit @ this...

The WHM in me just came.

That said, I think BLM should get an update too to give them a bigger advantage over SCH. It is flat out silly that SCH can outperform BLM when done correctly. Spike damage from BLM is nice, but SCH has BLM beat with MP efficiency. Though I wouldn't mind an update for RDM either.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I wouldn't go upgrading a Mjollnir just yet. I'm working on testing a theory that a Perdu Wand is better than a Mjollnir actually lol.

God I hope I'm wrong Q_Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    The Rapture is coming?
    I lol'd

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

incoming ra lvl spells for blm? calling this shit now before SE says it lol. if whm can get cura, blm can just as easily get fira/watera/thundara etc. this update. my 75 rdm could use refresh 2 and haste 2 that was suggested a few pages back. god how i wish SE would give those to rdm.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My eyes are bleeding. I don't even know what I'm looking at. It doesn't make sense. At all. Incoherent babble.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I just realized how awesome this Afflatus Misery thing is gonna be for meeling WHM.

1) Esuna will remove more status effects when it's active, thus making you have a perma everythingna spell on the front line (assuming Esuna only removes things that -na spells remove)
    2) All front line characters will almost always have a Subtle Blow effect on depending on the duration of Auspice. Plus, the WHM will almost always have an accuracy boost and light added effects, again, depending on the duration of Auspice.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Rather they not be efficient with MP but rather...

Maybe use something similiar to what they did to WHM here. A JA that stores the amount of damage done by a BLM to a mob to a limit based off level and it can be used at any time (with a cool down dunno how long maybe 5 min-10 min?) to shoot off an instant amount of damage of the stored amount prolly in a style similar to Diabolos Nether Blast. Basically, like Sublimation but sort of in reverse and on the mob. Looking at it now it seems like maybe the timer should be higher; it may encourage Manaburning everything again lol...
    This is a very interesting observation, even if the mechanics are not what you described.

SE has stated that they want to go further toward these alternating "stances" for more jobs. This seems like a very good idea; more versatility is never a bad thing especially if it enhances the core role of the job in question.

But this goes a step further than anything we have seen before. This isn't just a stance, where you would toss it on and do your role and forget about it. The buffs are actually enhanced by the actions you take in that role. This is something new, likely a mechanic taken from the "leveling Wyvern" buff that DRG got a while ago, but now in stance form. These are now reactive stances, and those bonuses can be used at the WHM's choosing.

I personally do not favor the notion that WHM should have to take damage to enhance their potency under Misery, but I am not going to complain too much about it. If it keeps Izzy happy then it can't be too bad.

The point is that WHM now has a role in alliance, in party at end-game. This really does take stances to a new level. Although "stances" and stacking buffs have been around for a while in MMO's, I don't think that stacking buffs based on those stances are that common. I wouldn't be surprised if this started showing up else where. Sure, it is just a combination of mechanics, but they are both limiting on each other and that is usually a main concern of MMO developers, buffing without breaking. The stance/buff combination is self-limiting based on needs to change stances which will break the buffs from the previous stances.

Ultimately, the strength or weakness of these stances and buffs will be determined once we can test the mechanics, and how the benefit of stance changes will prompt the need to switch stances, but even preliminarily it is pretty obvious that this is ground-breaking stuff we are seeing out the development team.

The winter is over, is the dev team coming out of hibernation?

I am with Septimus (almost put his comments in my sig), is optimism becoming the new pessimism? Is it going to become cool to be giddy and excited instead of jaded and cynical?

I fear that day. This cranky old man doesn't think he can take too much fucking joy...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I just realized how awesome this Afflatus Misery thing is gonna be for meeling WHM.

1) Esuna will remove more status effects when it's active, thus making you have a perma everythingna spell on the front line (assuming Esuna only removes things that -na spells remove)
    2) All front line characters will almost always have a Subtle Blow effect on depending on the duration of Auspice. Plus, the WHM will almost always have an accuracy boost and light added effects, again, depending on the duration of Auspice.
    that thf you bring to fights but wont let dd till the last sec cna bring lvl 1 daggers and DD now with EN LIGHT!(lol)

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by gairaiden View Post
    my 75 rdm could use refresh 2 and haste 2 that was suggested a few pages back. god how i wish SE would give those to rdm.
    Well sorry, that aint happening. Maybe few useless spells and abilitys.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post

Or Discoid. I'm thinking that Cura has to be our cheapest and most efficient Cure, or else there's no reason to use it over Curaga with the damage taken first restriction on it. Or Wyrms, or flies maybe, anything with substantial AoE, Bones parties.

Seems like Pray to me, but heavily boosted if you get hit hard first.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

KC + Enlight, Spam mystic boom etc etc

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm really curious as to how potent the auspice effect is. If it makes fighting against stuff with nasty TP moves (mamool ja/flayers) safer, WHM might be my new go to merit healer of choice.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

but I am not going to complain too much about it. If it keeps Izzy happy then it can't be too bad.
    Hahah, I'm just assuming it's going to keep me happy. They could royally fuck this up, but for once I'm staying optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Holy fucking shit @ this...

The WHM in me just came.

That said, I think BLM should get an update too to give them a bigger advantage over SCH. It is flat out silly that SCH can outperform BLM when done correctly. Spike damage from BLM is nice, but SCH has BLM beat with MP efficiency. Though I wouldn't mind an update for RDM either.
    How is it silly that a job designed for MP effiency...is MP efficient?

Whm needed a buff, BLMs could use something new, but I thought we were done crying about SCH?

[/derail]

Its nice to see SE actually giving a shit these days, makes me wonder where the catch is though.

Hopefully the rest of the update notes are full of as much win

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    KC + Enlight, Spam mystic boom etc etc
    - Auspice (Lv55)
    Reduces TP dealt when striking an enemy for party members within area of effect.
    When cast upon a white mage for whom Afflatus Misery is activated, Auspice also adds light damage to initial attacks and bestows an accuracy bonus when target is missed.

Initial only, they saw the kraken club abuse a mile away.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    How is it silly that a job designed for MP effiency...is MP efficient?

Whm needed a buff, BLMs could use something new, but I thought we were done crying about SCH?

[/derail]

Its nice to see SE actually giving a shit these days, makes me wonder where the catch is though.

Hopefully the rest of the update notes are full of as much win
    have you been reading?

invo to 80, new quests, whm update now, what else was there? oh right the put your own shit on the body... the update is better then almost anything before it and theres more to come.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BLM could use those T5's SE wont release, and maybe a /ja to make them MP efficient without /SCH.

The thing that worries be is, how are they going to implement new spells when our current 'best' spells come from merits. If they give us better spells, whats the point of meriting AMIIs?

Hmhmhmhm.. I wonder what theyll do..

PS. Update BST.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone else think this update is a little too good? The stuff SE announced so far blows last update completely outta the water.

Waiting on SE to pull something out their ass that just screws up all the goodness this update will have lol.