Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...oenix/4266.jpg
    Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)

The upcoming April version update will boast a wealth of adjustments and additions to a selection of jobs. Today, it is our pleasure to outline the benefits that this will bestow upon white mages—the altruists of Vana'diel.

Job Abilities

Two complementary new job abilities are scheduled to be added, with ability delay set low for both so that white mages can optimize their usage for the ever-changing tactical needs of the battlefield.

- Afflatus Solace
    (Lv40 Ability Delay: 1 min. Duration: 2 hrs.)
    Inspires you to draw strength from the healing spells you cast.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nix/4266_5.jpg

- Afflatus Misery
    (Lv40 Ability Delay: 1 min. Duration: 2 hrs.)
    Inspires you to draw strength from the damage you take.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nix/4266_7.jpg

- Afflatus Solace
    While Afflatus Solace is activated, the amount of HP you restore via Cure spells and the job abilities Benediction and Martyr will be recorded up to a limit determined by your character's level.
    This accumulated amount will determine the bonus value granted to specific spells.

- Afflatus Misery
    While Afflatus Misery is activated, the most recent damage you sustain will be recorded up to a limit determined by your character's level. This damage amount will determine the bonus value granted to specific spells. Unlike Afflatus Solace, it is non-accumulative and overwriting.

*Notes
    The effects of both Afflatus Solace and Afflatus Misery are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
    Using either Afflatus Solace or Afflatus Misery when the same ability is already activated will reset all recorded values up to that point.

Magic

The introduction of the above job abilities will see a number of changes made to existing spells, with new spells set to make an appearance in Vana'diel for the first time.

- Sacrifice (Lv65)
    Transfers one enfeebling effect from target to yourself.
    Casting Sacrifice while Afflatus Solace is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects transferred.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...ix/4266_15.jpg

- Cure / Cure II / Cure III / Cure IV / Cure V
    Casting the above Cure spells while Afflatus Solace is activated grants the target the effect of Stoneskin for a short duration.
    The Stoneskin effect attained via this method is not stackable with and will not overwrite the white magic spell "Stoneskin" or Blood Pact: Ward ability "Earthen Ward."

- Elemental Resistance Spells
    Casting Bar- type spells while Afflatus Solace is activated grants an additional defense bonus to the associated element.

- Holy
    Casting Holy while Afflatus Solace is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the amount of HP you restore. The record of accumulated HP is reset upon use.

- Cura (Lv40)
    Restores HP for party members within area of effect.
    Casting Cura while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the most recent damage you sustain.
    The record of damage taken is reset upon use.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...ix/4266_19.jpg

- Esuna (Lv61)
    Removes one enfeebling effect from yourself and party members within area of effect.
    Casting Esuna while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects removed.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...ix/4266_21.jpg

- Auspice (Lv55)
    Reduces TP dealt when striking an enemy for party members within area of effect.
    When cast upon a white mage for whom Afflatus Misery is activated, Auspice also adds light damage to initial attacks and bestows an accuracy bonus when target is missed.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...ix/4266_23.jpg

- Banish / Banish II / Banish III / Banishga / Banishga II
    Casting the above Banish spells while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the most recent damage you sustain.
    The record of damage taken is reset upon use.

Other Changes

In addition to the abovementioned adjustments and additions, the following changes will also take place:

- White magic "Banish II": Slight increase to magic accuracy. Casting time shortened from 3.75 to 2.5 seconds.
    - White magic "Banish III": Slight increase to magic accuracy. Casting time shortened from 5.5 to 3 seconds.
    - White magic "Banishga II": Slight increase to magic accuracy.
    - White magic "Raise II": MP consumption reduced from 200 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 14 seconds.
    - White magic "Raise III": MP consumption reduced from 250 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 13 seconds.
    - White magic "Reraise": Learning requirement reduced from Lv33 to Lv25 for WHM, and Lv40 to Lv35 for SCH.
    - White magic "Reraise II": Learning requirement reduced from Lv60 to Lv56 for WHM, and Lv75 to Lv70 for SCH. MP consumption reduced from 175 to 150. Casting time shortened from 8 to 7.5 seconds.
    - White magic "Reraise III": Learning requirement reduced from Lv75 to Lv70 for WHM. MP consumption reduced from 200 to 150. Casting time shortened from 8 to 7 seconds.
    - Job ability "Martyr": Ability range increased to be equivalent to Cure spells.

That concludes the list of changes scheduled for the white mage job in the upcoming version update. Other jobs set to receive fine-tuning will be introduced in the very near future, so keep watching this space!

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

OH. MY. GOD. @_@

(P.S.) Pics belong to the JA/Spells right above them

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

a flatus? a fart?

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    - Cure / Cure II / Cure III / Cure IV / Cure V
    Casting the above Cure spells while Afflatus Solace is activated grants the target the effect of Stoneskin for a short duration.

- Esuna (Lv61)
    Removes one enfeebling effect from yourself and party members within area of effect.
    Casting Esuna while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects removed.
    Among all the other fun things, these strike me as the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    a flatus? a fart?
    A Latin term derived from Cicero that has been translated as "inspiration."

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Holy Shit indeed!

I want to fap, but I feel like the eyes of SE are upon me...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hmm, looks like basically giving them Accession via Esuna..only more potent.

New Odin
    BG Level

I wonder how good Banish spells will be after this?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Now I'm sure, the update will be on April 1st and they will say April fools then present us with the "real" update details.

Did they just singlehandedly make Divine Veil permanent (with esuna), WHM Mythic somewhat useless (with esuna), Penance merits somewhere less impresive (with auspice)?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Holy fuck

Looks interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    - Esuna (Lv61)
    WHMs finally get their Erasega.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

As boring as whm is, this news is fapworthy

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

I can't find anything in here that makes WHM weaker. At all. Nor do I see a requirement for them to do something stupid to gain these benefits, except perhaps the "take damage to boost Cura/Esuna/Banish". I don't see anything to complain about either, in terms of balance - perhaps SCH can whine a bit. This is just a straight-up buff.

Auspice (Lv55) spell has nice implications for the RDM update. :D

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

... did se just fucking fix whm?

mother fucking god.... also note that RR is a sch sub job now. thats not bad at all for your cheap but has tones of exp to blow blm.
    some of this stuff can really help fights where whm might take dmg end game. and can really help for events like a GoH or trub getting pasts stun^^ very nice i really cant wait now...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Take that scholar :3

sounds awesome if it s not a joke ^^

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

It seems like this was directly targetted at making WHM stand out more from SCH.

Which hopefully means BLM will be part 2?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Looks interesting!

WHMs finally get their Erasega.
    its not going to be erasega i dont think.i think its going to be like an AoE that takes off anything but erase? i could be wrong. i feel it will be like spring water(i hope im wrong) but anyway it goes its still great and we got the effect

- Sacrifice (Lv65) seems ok too. i wonder what it is limited too or can you transfer anything(even tera from a tank)?
    if this is the case it could be really nice if you have mroe then whm.

-White magic "Raise III": MP consumption reduced from 250 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 13 seconds.

lol good or bad? haha you pick! raise III is the same MP as r1 cant use the old "got to save mp can only r1 you" for people im mad at ; ;

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Holy Auspice Esuna Cura shit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think that Atum just got a boner. I am still trying to wrap my head around all of this, these changes are potentially HUGE. (Oh Stoneskin effect for Cure spells whilst under the effect of Afflatus Solace. We shall have such great fun together.)

Dare I hope that the RDM changes will be this numerous and potentially good?

New Odin
    BG Level

Most likely BLM will get their stances too, in part 2 yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast