BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Prepaid Debit Card for FFXI Fees?

I've heard you can do this, but I'm not sure how. You need an address to go along with the card, and you can't enter your own. Anyone know how to do this? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Belgaer View Post
    I've heard you can do this, but I'm not sure how. You need an address to go along with the card, and you can't enter your own. Anyone know how to do this? lol
    what do you mean you can't enter your own? buy a pre-paid card, and register that as your payment method for ffxi. if you're signing up new, add your address too. seems pretty simple to me.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Prepaid will allow you to use your address. Unless you are meaning a gift card you've received from someone?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm not new, I'm changing from my old debit to this $25 prepaid Visa debit gift card thing. Supposedly, it works. I've tried entering it all in, but it won't work with my address.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Umm details would be awesome. Error message, type of card, etc. Derp.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's a Visa debit card/gift card thing. Prepaid, non-reloadable. The message just says the address I entered does not match the card's address.

Ashira

If it's a gift card, I dunno. Call customer service to find out for sure if you can use, but probably not because it's really only good for like one month or two at most, and they'd rather know a payment is in place for a long term.

Prepaid cards you have to like, register with the company anyway, and you will thus have an address and such affiliated with it, which is what you use on billing details.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

almost 100% non-reloadable giftcards are NOT going to work for payments.

www.greendotonline.com is the way to go if you want to go the reloadable route.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well I'm getting a server busy message now, so maybe that's the problem (wishful thinking). xD

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well I'm getting a server busy message now, so maybe that's the problem (wishful thinking). xD
    They definitely do use prepaid Visa gift cards I've used in the past. Just register the info/address on the cards website, then use that for your info. If you're having problems it's probably because either; The card company hasn't had enough time to process your registration, or FFXI is undergoing a server maint. and info can't be changed atm. If time doesn't fix it then I guess something else is wrong. And don't use GreenDot, they're a shit company with shit customer service.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Wtf! I tried entering it and it said it didn't work, but I go to check my account online and it charged me $1... >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wtf! I tried entering it and it said it didn't work, but I go to check my account online and it charged me $1... >_>
    if you fail multiple times it locks your account down for a day i believe. when i tried to update my info and failed i was stuck out with network busy messages for a day. called and they said its normal if you mistype

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

EDIT: Nevermind

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It works, as long as the card has a visa logo on it, it works the same as any other credit card. Most prepaid gift cards will put a name/address on the account if you call up customer service and tell them what it should be. Then when SE goes to validate the info, the CC will have the right info that you entered.

I bought a prepaid visa card from walmart and all you have to do is register it for web transactions online. It's pretty simple, I just put my address at my university and it worked.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There are so many threads about paying for FFXI with prepaid/debit cards I really think there should be a sticky about it in Standard...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You'd need an address connected with the card, so if it's a gift card you might want to check the card's website to see if theres maybe a way you could register an address for it before you tried making the payment. Otherwise, if there's not a way to do that then it isn't gonna work.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I used a Prepaid Vanilla Visa Gift Card in the past, but they changed it at some point the card needs to have a registered address and matches your personal info. The card I used let you register your zip for online purchases, but that's not enough. Even called PoL, no dice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You need to read the fine print that came with the card.

Basically, if it doesn't charge you a monthly fee and require you to go online to enter your address, SS#, etc. you can't use it for POL/FFXI.

This is different than one that requires you to enter a Shipping Address online to enable it for use with online purchases. It has to allow recurring billing and the card the OP has does not.

Visa Gift Card | Personal | Visa USA

Find a Walgreens near you and go to their Gift Card section and find these Visa Gift cards. They have $30, 50 and 100 type cards. Buy them then get to your house and register your name on the card and some info so it looks like a debit card. Wait about 15-20 minutes then go onto POL and put in the information and it should work. It was how I use to pay for this game before I got a bank account 3+ months ago.