Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4299/4299.jpg
    In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update, we present to you a delectable array of changes that are bound to change the way you buff and summon!

Feast your eyes on the details here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squre-Enix
    In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update, we present to you a delectable array of changes that are bound to change the way you buff and summon!

Red Mage
    The new job ability "Composure" and a new line of En- type magic spells will be added.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...299/4299_5.jpg- Composure
    (Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

- Notes
    Activating Composure will impose a recast time penalty upon all magic, songs, and ninjutsu.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...299/4299_7.jpg- En- Type Spells
    Enfire II (Lv.58) / Enblizzard II (Lv.56) / Enaero II (Lv.54) / Enstone II (Lv.52) / Enthunder II (Lv.50) / Enwater II (Lv.60)
    Adds elemental damage to your initial attacks (subsequent blows by characters for whom multiple attacks are possible do not receive this effect). Each successive activation increases elemental damage strength up to a predetermined limit. Reduces the target's resistance against the associated element.

Example) Enfire II: Adds fire damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against water.

Summoner
    Changes are scheduled for the following Blood Pact abilities:

- The effective range for Blood Pact: Ward area of effect enhancing and healing abilities will be increased and become equivalent to that of white magic spells such as "Protectra."

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...99/4299_13.jpg- Blood Pact: Ward "Hastega"
    The Blood Pact: Ward ability "Hastega" will be adjusted to nullify the effects of Slow in the same manner as the white magic "Haste."

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...99/4299_15.jpg- Blood Pact: Rage
    Meteor Strike / Geocrush / Wind Blade / Grand Fall / Heavenly Strike / Thunderstorm
    Both damage and TP-based damage dealt by the above abilities will be increased.
    Sad now.

Seriously, after what White Mages got, Red Mage adjustment is pretty fucking terrible. (En-spell II damage needs to be significantly more than en-spell 2 to justify the complete nerf of Joyeuse and/or Justice Sword.)

I was getting a little too exuberent about this update, thanks for smacking me back to reality-land Square.

P.S. And if people think I am taking this too personally, check out the en-spell II picture. Yeah, that was aimed directly at me.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fail.

MaachaQ

Well, RDMs got something, maybe they'll stop complaining so much ^^; (yeah right).

SMN stuff is promising but I was hoping for something more than that...

hahahaha

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

going to lol when the enspells do 60 damage and composure is 100 acc bonus

New Odin
    BG Level

Dang SE, you shoulda reversed part 1 & part 2..! Altho this makes me hope that there'll be buffs for more jobs now

I also bet that they're going to waste an update note on announcing a new avatar too, can't put it to this note hoho.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fuck you SE.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hezzel Bekk
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A big screw you from SE...

RDM did not need this at all...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Can use composure to make self-haste and refresh last longer for solo purposes and such

it's not as if it's nothing

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

- Composure
    (Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.
    FUCK YOU SE

If the resistance down on enspell 2 is threnody level or better, I think composure + enspell rdm might be nice on some things (depending on if it's got a reasonable duration, and an associated chatlog message for it wearing off). You could even use ceremonial dagger if you're worried about feeding TP.

Okay that's the best I could do, this update sucks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Sad now.
    As am I, I don't want to be too negitive considering that this overall has been a really great update, but I can't help but feel a little let down, oh well, I should of known better. (Was holding out for some Blm love)

Smn buff range increases and blood pact adjustments seem good, I'm not qualified to comment on RDM changes, but considering how comprehensive WHM adjustments were, I guess I was expecting something more.. meaty.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Wow, after what they did for whm, I was really expecting more.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lolz

I also like how they're like, SMN hastega can now overwrite slow, just like haste! So here's a picture of a SMN using hastega against a mob that has a slow that ISNT overwritten by WHM haste! lolwat

From the wording, it sounds like it's only going to overwrite the same types of slows that whm overwrites, and I'm gonna guess that some clueless retard who doesn't even play the game was the one who made the picture.

(If smn hastega could overwrite slows that aren't overwritten by haste, that would actually give smn some cool new utility, but that's not gonna happen)

edit: I think the resistance thing will probably be like ninja's, only lasts a few seconds, so you gotta keep hitting it.

edit2: Really thinking about it, I don't really remember, but did smn hastega not overwrite weaker slows before..? I'm guessing it didn't, but I don't think I've ever tried it, but something in the back of my mind wants to tell me that it could, been waaaay too long since I've played smn

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Still piss WTF you could have made it AOE and great en 2 that i will never use beside soloing

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I like how we all knew RDM would get nothing of value but then they released these cool WHM updates and we all dared to hope and ended up with crap anyways. They really should have put the RDM updates up first.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Garbage; although I didn't expect much from SE for RDMs. I doubt i'll even foot the bill for all those new spells lol. Now I'll have to deal with RDMs who want to melee, fucking wonderful. D:

edit: lol at Compsure affecting ninjutsu timers, RDM/NIN anyone? Such a pointless addition SE.

Better than nothing

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So, they're skipping part 2 right? This just has to be an early April Fool's joke.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    going to lol when the enspells do 60 damage and composure is 100 acc bonus
    requoting this for posterity for when rdms become the new best melee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast