BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Is a surprisingly good game. I havent been this addicted to a game for awhile. I wasnt a fan of FFCC on GC because of the whole carry the orb thing, but they got rid of it in this one, and I cant really think of any negitive.

If you pick it up, it feels better on the DS then it does Wii, but theres no real differences.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are the DS/Wii versions different games based around the same concept? Just wondering if it's worth bothering getting both.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wii version only worth getting if you don't own a DS. Or if you only have 1 DS and 1 Wii then only for wireless multiplayer.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

[link deleted]
    All you need to know about DS vs Wii version.

tl;dr version: Get DS version, don't bother with Wii. Just a port over with less versatility that costs more.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Uh, they cost exactly the same (39.99), and note that only the Wii version can host games. (If you're playing with randoms, this is key as it really cuts down on the lag).

I have both versions (legit Wii, pirated DS), but I tend to play on the Wii. With a large TV I really appreciate seeing both the menu and the game at the same time, that's a really awesome feature imo.

Also, that reviewer really needed to try setting the Wii controls to Advanced mode, it makes a world of difference. If you're trying to click at all with the Wiimote, you're doing it wrong.

I get the feeling in general that the reviewer hardly played the game. He comments, for example, that the AI does not heal itself. Now, the AI is absolutely retarded, but the one thing it DOES do right is heal itself when it gets low.

tl;dr: It doesn't matter what system you get it on. Controls are simple and easy to use on both, the price is the same, etc etc.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can host on DS. Err, or if you meant the Wii can ONLY Host, and not Join, then nvm.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

The boyfriend bought this today. I'm gonna have to buy a copy tomorrow probably. I think Kuno is gonna be our 3rd. Who wants to be our 4th???????????

Looks like the Wii version is getting some pretty shitty reviews on Amazon. That's a shame.

My Wii has been collecting dust other than my wife playing Wii Fit every now and then. I was hoping for another game on the Wii to justify buying it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll be picking this up in a couple days or so, is WiFi'ing up easy, or are online DS games still enforcing the retardedly-slow Friend Codes thing?

I wouldn't mind having a static party for it.

8=====>

BG Level

friend codes, but its not rly that complicated or hard. its numbers instead of a gamertag.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been thinking about getting it, but wanted to see what others thought of it first. That, and I didn't know anyone that had it that could play with me (and no BG thread about it until now). Is it better than single player?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I played the other CC for DS with a friend and the multi player is amazing, but there is no point to play the single player mode imo, everything is based around multi player and its where 90% of the fun of the game comes from.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I've played the JP version on single player mode.

Good god, the room puzzle was a bitch and a half to complete alone...

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Chezo View Post
    I played the other CC for DS with a friend and the multi player is amazing, but there is no point to play the single player mode imo, everything is based around multi player and its where 90% of the fun of the game comes from.
    The first DS one had the downside of multiplayer just being dungeon crawling (well, I guess that wouldn't be a downside to some), the story mode is multiplayer this time, which is great. My internet is too shitty to play it though, absolutely massive lag on WiFi. Trying to platform with a whole second of delay input is not cool.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just picked up the game today, anyone got room for a lvl1 noob? >.>

8=====>

BG Level

crap i have tomorrow off work ill go buy it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really like this game. It really reminds me in a number of ways how I used to feel playing Secret of Mana for the SNES.

I've yet to try multi-mode (soon) but yeah, the AI is a bit lackluster. I can imagine how crazy fun it would be with a few friends. Plus, you can throw each other around and steal each others treasure.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the prior FF:CC for DS just as good? I'm surprised by the production value put into this game. It feels like something that could actually be on the PSX/N64, rather than a GBA+ title like 90% of DS games these days.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I started playing this on DS first since the file size was quicker to pirate and I have a few DSs to play with the gf on. It's pretty much the same as Rings of Fate if you've played that. Fun, nonetheless... but kinda' more of the same.

Some things that piss me off about it.

- You can only have one character made at a time. If you want to try a different tribe, you have to erase all of your data and start from scratch. (You can manage to keep your equipment/items if you bother, but your level will be 1)

- Friendly fire. It's so annoyingly easy to stun your friends by accidentally hitting them, especially if you're a Liltie. This can seriously bone you in a serious situation.

- Picking eachother up. It is also extremely annoying when you accidentally pick your allies/friends up when you're trying to grab items/money/potions/etc. Especially after completing a quest/boss fight.

- Poor level design. Not overall, but there are several instances I have encountered throughout all the dungeons that the isometric view really screws up some jumping challenges. It could use a zoom-out control or the ability to move your view around at least somewhat. Or have ledges/platforms line up nice when it is a requirement to complete a room's puzzle. I can understand if it's for some rare loot to make an awkward frustrating jumps, but not for game progress. Also, the dungeons are used and reused different times through the story and doors are inexplicably open second times through which is an annoying continuity thing for me. Give me an item that makes that make some sense... sheesh.

- Single-player is too difficult. With 4 players, shit is way too easy... You can actually bypass a lot of puzzles by jumping on eachothers' shoulders to get up on ledges or have people working on switches while you're hitting something else. Seems to be designed for that experience specifically, but that makes the puzzles, while still made possible, very annoying to clear by one's self sometimes. Also, some puzzles rely heavily on magic usage for triggers and such, which isn't a problem with multiple MP pools, but when solo, you can find yourself stuck and backtracking far and wide for Ethers just to get a puzzle in one room completed, especially when Charge-Attacks are the best way to combat most enemies and it burns your MP quick.

So then my Wii version finished burning and I was excited to put it in and fire it up since I have been waiting long to play another Crystal Chronicles like the first one. Clean, pretty, vivid, fun. Wow I was completely disgusted.

The Wii version of this game is a DIRECT port from the DS. There has been NOTHING changed about the game, visually or with the interface whatsoever. This includes the textures, the resolution, etc. It looks like complete shit with a DS game being blown up on a 50" TV. Not to mention, while you can adjust and scale the two screens opposite of eachother, you can never have one of them take the entire screen, even if you wanted to. I consider the Wii controls to be complete shit as well, especially considering it will not let you use a classic controller, which was a large fuck-up.

I just can't believe they couldn't put a little more work into adjusting the graphics slightly to make use of the Wii's hardware superiority over the DS. Nor could they create a cleaner, non-intrusive HUD just for your Magic selection and a small map. I've been getting into game development lately and this was just appalling that Square-Enix could do such a half-ass job by doing a straight port on such a console. Design the game nice and smooth for the Wii, focus on multiplayer and Wii connectivity concepts, then dumb the graphics down for a port to DS. Not the other way around.

Sorry, it just chapped my ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can it be played with 2 or 3 players?