FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ippo 883

Spoiler: show
    I'm really starting to hope that Woli will KO Ippo quick just to end this awful fight. This has just been painful all the way around, and I really hope that Morikawa can turn things around and get this series back on track. Ippo is supposed to be a world class fighter now and he's getting his ass kicked like he's a 4 rounder. Is it too much to ask that Ippo actually be competitive in fight instead of having to make a miracle comeback? God forbid Ippo actually gets a fight where he's the one who gets to Godstomp his opponent.

Black Belt
    BG Level

who knows, maybe he's going for ashita no joe ending

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's possible I suppose, but god I hope not. I wanna see Ippo actually become the champ and get to enjoy it.

Always Cabrón!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    The World God Only Knows
    Chapter 79-88
    Keima Mind says no but his current body is saying YES (Self incest at it's best).
    Talk about an egoist!
    Love this series, and yes, the mangaka keeps it fresh with both the girls and the plot twists.=D>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Ippo 883

I'm really starting to hope that Woli will KO Ippo quick just to end this awful fight. This has just been painful all the way around, and I really hope that Morikawa can turn things around and get this series back on track. Ippo is supposed to be a world class fighter now and he's getting his ass kicked like he's a 4 rounder. Is it too much to ask that Ippo actually be competitive in fight instead of having to make a miracle comeback? God forbid Ippo actually gets a fight where he's the one who gets to Godstomp his opponent.
    Yeah this whole fight has been complete horseshit. He's pretty much always the underdog, but it's always been realise the real point of previous training, do something new or figure out a trick to crack the opponent's defense. I really don't see any believable way he can come out on top. Letting it go this one-sided for this long just makes you stop feeling anything in the story.

And pls no Ashita no Joe ending. Want to see Takamura and Ippo go on to do stuff, and Ippo and Kumi to have some kind of resolution. A lot of the side characters deserve some solid ending too. :/

A. Body
    BG Level

For anyone who's tired of Shonen mangas that never seem to end, and want something different/original with a well developed theme, here's a manga I highly recommand

Quite a treat as long as you don't get weirded out easily

"Onani" means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught...

This is a story of mistakes, redemption, and the choices made in between. It contains the very worst and best of the human condition.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/onani_master_kurosawa/

Enjoy

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    For anyone who's tired of Shonen mangas that never seem to end, and want something different/original with a well developed theme, here's a manga I highly recommand

Enjoy
    http://faildoor.wordpress.com/2009/0...venile-part-1/
    http://faildoor.wordpress.com/2009/0...venile-part-2/

This is the real ending as a light novel. Takes place sometime after the manga.

A. Body
    BG Level

Huh, so the light novel has a translation too. I didn't expect the manga/light novel to be well known to any extend in the U.S. I just finished reading it and did a google of an English scanlation out of curiosity and found it, so I thought I'd share it here.

A shame that manga is still considered mostly a kids' medium outside of Japan/Asia, while in fact some of them can be on the level of contemporary literature ("Catcher in the Toilet" is a cute/somewhat appropriate title). It'd be good if we can view it in that light also.

Another very good manga series I would like to share is called "Tokyo Eighties", but I can't find any scanlation for it, maybe because it's rather long: 12 to 14 volumes if I remember correctly. It's a really good insight into the lives of young adults in college and fresh out of school trying to find a job in Japan, as well as very well developed relationship stories.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I must say, Kami no Mizu Shiru Sekai is by far my favorite "harem" series of all time.

New arc on Kusunogi Kasuga revisited is gonna be <3

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post

Enjoy
    This is pretty weird, but entertaining. Quoting so I don't forget about it later.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, I read that too, it's a pretty funny manga lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

and 20+ chapters later, ippo is still getting his ass kicked

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    and 20+ chapters later, ippo is still getting his ass kicked
    yeah i just dont know where the mangaka is going with this, at this rate the manga will last another 20 years if ippo is never gonna move further in the world stage by losing in a fight like this. We have always seen natural ability out classed by hard work in this manga but now it's going in a diffrent direction and i don't like it at all. What the hell can ippo do to match up to figthers like this especially since it's only the challengers 3rd fight. The only way i see him winning this one is with a counter or lucky shot right now that just destroys him.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Jesus fucking christ at the Ippo manga, but hopefully this will set it up since now Ippo knows how to hit him. And that's a big hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Jesus fucking christ at the Ippo manga, but hopefully this will set it up since now Ippo knows how to hit him. And that's a big hopefully.
    You guys sill read Ippo? Lol.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's so lol about it, even with it being kind of shitty lately it's still better than Bleach.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not like we are paying for it and its like a couple minutes of reading oh noeeeeees. I hate the pacing of the current fight but if I see it up on onemanga I'll read it.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I also keep reading it hoping for another Takamura fight, god I love those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    What's so lol about it, even with it being kind of shitty lately it's still better than Bleach.
    The lol is the entire current arc, its not worth reading anymore imo until they end it.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 161 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast