BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Akiyama, 2nd time this week you have missed an already posted link! You must now send me some starbursts through the mail.
    and as far as where the manga/anime of Soul Eater split, the big difference start to happen right around right after Asura (that was his name right?) gets free.
    Wow.. and on the same page no less. My bad. I was excited about the chapter I suppose. D:

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Does anyone read Eden? It's like a freaking epic, no idea if its even half-way done.
    alskdfjajkdsfaljfdadsf!!

Holy shit just finished volume 3 and WOW people actually die when they get killed, loving this so far.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just got done reading Death Notes, yes I'm behind on manga a bit, this thing started out so badass to an ending that sucked raging monkey tits. The last ~20 or so chapters just ruined it for me.

That's why I tell people to just read the L arc and stop there. They should only finish if they like disappointing endings.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The 2nd arc was awesome, you two are crazy.

Light totally deserved that ending. I was hoping he would end up like Lelouch in code geass, but he decided to stay a jerk the whole time.

Ridill
    BG Level

It's not the ending that was considered bad, it was everything else.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

am i the only one who got tired of death note about 60 issues in?
    don't get me wrong i loved it at first, but i couldn't take how drawn out with nothing but text it was and as it was progressing it felt like it was getting worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    The 2nd arc was awesome, you two are crazy.

Light totally deserved that ending. I was hoping he would end up like Lelouch in code geass, but he decided to stay a jerk the whole time.
    Somehow, I can't help but take the second sentence as sarcasm. Actually, I can't help but take the whole post as sarcasm...

Suffice to say, it isn't a story about redemption or some shit, Light only ended up that way because the publishers were too much of a pussy to let the bad guy win. If it were up to the writer, the 2nd arc would have been a lot different and a whole lot more satisfying. I didn't read god knows how many chapters for a bullshit ending.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Light couldnt win, Ryuk foreshadow his death in the first manga.

And really, how was Light was suposed to "win"?

Banned.

BG Level

The ONLY thing I've felt was wrong with the second arc was that everyone was useless cept for 3 characters. The first arc had focus characters, but everyone played a part. The second one literally had someone saying "Don't do anything okay? I am going to do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    And really, how was Light was suposed to "win"?
    How should I know? I didn't write the manga.

Assuming the anime followed the manga pretty well, the only thing that really cheesed me was how that one guy apparently copied the DN perfectly in one night. Otherwise, I wanted to Light to win, but yeah, not exactly good for social commentary if they did.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    How should I know? I didn't write the manga.
    It's the problem. People have expectation that can't possibly be fulfilled, then bitch about the story.

The point was that expectations could have been fulfilled, but weren't and thus bitching ensued. It has nothing to do with being unreasonable and everything to do with the fact that the 2nd half was no where near as good as the first. How could it have ended? I dunno, but I wasn't satisfied with what we were shown.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

A bad-ass ending would have been for Light to write on his spare note to control Aizawa to write on the death notes he was holding on to, to kill everyone in that room including himself, letting Near live in the final scene. Then Light could have just grabbed a gun and shoot Near in the face for forgetting there's other ways to kill. It was never established whether or not the death notes could be used to have someone else write in another death note, so this would have been a great twist without being too far-fetched.

Near picking out the x-Kira just from watching television, the back and forth switching of notes at the end, and Light pathetically ending the way he did. This just absolutely ruined it for me. Not only did half the shit gave itself way too much liberty, it seems force just to have the "good guy" win.

Black Belt
    BG Level

The way Light just ended up practically abandoning all his ideal by the second half of the series made the entire series stop being enjoyable altogether.

Not to mention the opponent is just ridiculous, L and Light had a good interaction because they both practically fight each other on equal term in both directly and indirectly, but the fight between Light and the kids are way too indirect to actually worth giving a damn about.

The author's new series is pretty shitty as well, it'll probably get cancelled soon.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Bakuman is great.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The point was that expectations could have been fulfilled, but weren't and thus bitching ensued. It has nothing to do with being unreasonable and everything to do with the fact that the 2nd half was no where near as good as the first. How could it have ended? I dunno, but I wasn't satisfied with what we were shown.
    I feel the same way with you...I didn't like the 2nd arc of the manga/anime only because the first season Light went up against L which was the best match up...If only ended with that then Death Note would have been left satisfied.

Black Belt
    BG Level

bakuman isn't exactly going anywhere, and is fucking ironic since it is still running

Shit isn't interesting

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast