BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Bakuman Chapter 100
    http://www.inaruto.net/bakuman/bakuman-chapter-100/

Make sure you scroll below.

^
    Whaaaaaaat
    Spoiler: show
    No idea whats up with this bullshit. Maybe its too "something" to go well as an anime. Or it could be a ploy by the Editor to get them to focus on their work and not rush into an anime. I don't know, this chapter was really happy for once then it crashed. What a bummer. I know its a manga with suspense and terrible happenings, but I feel like they should have a few chapters where only good things happen.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Cockblocked

Anyway, seiyuu on a drama CD should at least get him to second base

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, Mashiro's gonna get some if he can ever look past that promise of his.

Also, pretty awesome chapter, though fuck the editors for hiding the anime offers for PCP.

Karma Whore
    BG Level

Going to assume people still read this manga..

Kimi no Iru Machi 104

Fuck the plot. Dat ass.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by poct View Post
    Going to assume people still read this manga..

Kimi no Iru Machi 104

Fuck the plot. Dat ass.
    Oh wow.

dat ass indeed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by poct View Post
    No idea whats up with this bullshit. Maybe its too "something" to go well as an anime. Or it could be a ploy by the Editor to get them to focus on their work and not rush into an anime. I don't know, this chapter was really happy for once then it crashed. What a bummer. I know its a manga with suspense and terrible happenings, but I feel like they should have a few chapters where only good things happen.
    Has anyone noticed that Akechi in PCP looks a lot like the editor-in-chief (The glasses and hair are a dead giveaway)? The male lead and female lead are also a combinations of the Bakuman lead couples. I don't believe this is coincidence- my guess is that the editor in chief is pulling one over them by making them believe they aren't getting an anime, essentially committing an irl "perfect crime" on them for causing so much trouble at Jump over the years.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not sure if anyone read Hoshi no samidare (lucifer and the biscuit hammer) here, but the last chapter was pretty damn good. I know it was translated a few days ago but I didnt notice until yesterday. Anyway, I'm a sucker for happy ending and time skip, so this was right up my alley.

If you havent read the manga, it's definitively a series I would recommend (pretty short, only 50-60 manga). The story was conventional (12 monsters that are exponentially stronger appears every few months), but I loved the way the characters interact with each other as the story progress. Real character development is such a rare thing in animes nowaday (it's usually limited to power progression, or "emo" phase that last a few chapters). The fighting parts were generally underwhelming, but the rest more than make up for it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I found the epilogue a bit too boring, but yeah, everything up to that point was awesome. The final duel with both amamiya and mikazuki getting the mythical form upgrade was awesome too, loved the insult fighting before the final exchange.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ridill
    BG Level

Kishimoto is legendary?

rasengan up yo shit nigga

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What's this? No Kubo Tite up in this bitch? But don't they want a legendary villain plot in their one-shots?

Black Belt
    BG Level

If the prince of tennis borderline fagbait series made it, naruto is a bit overqualified for the legendary title

Karma Whore
    BG Level

Where the fuck is Oda? Haters.

Anywho, Mangastream news:

As of 09-16-10 our lineup includes (bolded series are either new or ones that we've done in the past and continuing once again):

Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece (on hiatus, next chapter 09-29-10)
    HxH (on hiatus, next chapter ???)
    KHR
    Fairy Tail
    Kenichi
    Kekkaishi
    DGM
    Claymore
    To Love Ru (new series starting in Oct)
    Soul Eater
    FMA (series finished)

Series that have been dropped from our lineup:

Bakuman
    Psyren
    Shame about Bakuman, as those few days where they got it out on Wednesday/Thursday were awesome.

Big what the fuck at To Love Ru though. Apparently its a spin off. Was a shame to see it end without some "official" closure. I liked it though; pretty cute, awesome fan service and definitely had some lol moments.

I think it's a reboot. I forget if it was this thread or the anime thread where Ker posted why it was cancelled, and the fact that they want to give it a try again.

Edit: Here it is if you wanna give it a read. Pretty fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    It was canceled cause of the authors marriage difficulty, popularity wasn't the issue.

The common consesus in the TLR threads is that, Yabuki had to quit because he can't be a full time mangaka for a weekly series and taking care of his little girl (she's three) at the same time (now that he has full custody).

Here's the rest of the article(long read).
    Why To Love-RU cancelled

Source: http://aoindonesia.net/showthread.php?t=6621

Quote:
    The common consesus in the TLR threads is that, Yabuki had to quit because he can't be a full time mangaka for a weekly series and taking care of his little girl (she's three) at the same time (now that he has full custody).

Ataru was asking about how much TLR was Hasemi, Yabuki, and the editors... Well, according to the Manga Brain (a special section dedicated to interviews with a mangaka in WSJ), Yabuki usually discusses the story with Hasemi over the phone on Wednesdays, then spends half a day doing the preliminary draft on Fridays... Have another in-depth discussion with both the editor and Hasemi in the afternoon, and finish up the final product on Tuesday morning (Tuesday afternoon is his free time).

- There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the author of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
    [While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

- I forgot to mention that following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.

Nakamura Ine, the famous guy in the horse mask performing music on nico, has admitted on his blog that he had extramarital relations with Kashiwagi Shiho, the wife of ToLoveru artist Yabuki Kentarou. On his blog he apologizes deeply once more to Yabuki and also to all that have been affected by this.

Kashiwagi Shiho had started getting in touch with the musicians on nico douga and got to know Nakamura Ine among others, and she had collaborations with them by helping them draw the art for the music they post up (under the handle name of Ume).

Kashiwagi and Yabuki are apparently now currently divorced since early this year (the extramarital relations happened before the divorce) and Yabuki has the custodial rights to their 3 year old daughter.

The entire issue was spotted and dug up through mixi and there was a very long battle as 2ch posters tried to find more evidence and confront Nakamura and Kashiwagi. There was a lot of unconfirmed info so I hadn’t posted about it till now.

There is still a lot about what happened between them, so interested parties that understand Japanese can read the wiki.

He had announced that he will be joining the Ouzoku Band but now he’ll leave them instead, and he’ll delete his mixi account, his blog, and all of his and Ume’s videos from nico douga.

E. Body
    BG Level

what the fuck? where am I supposed to read bakuman now?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck where do we read bakuman seriously, i havnt even seen 100 and 101 yet...

Cloudmanga has it. It's only at 100, though.