Closed Thread
Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

negima has its own thread, it's just waaaay down since akamatsu loves being a faggot and take break every other week.

on a somehow related note, he divorced his wife a while ago due to her banging a younger guy, which unfortunately for the irony lovers out there, was not a 10 year old.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Juushin Enbu Manga - Read Juushin Enbu manga scans online.

Juushin Enbu. Suprised no one has mentioned it, since it's drawn by the same mangaka that does Full Metal Alchemist, though the author is different, it's also really good imo.
    It would have a larger following if the updates weren't once every 2 to 3 months and ARAKAWA Hiromu priority being FMA doesn't help but there is a good chance it'll become a monthly series once FMA ends.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Starts out with just being lots of perverted wizard/high school humor for the first three volumes, but it quickly gets very good when it gains focus (Kyoto Arc). Lots of subtle foreshadowing with things coming back around full circle. Plays with cliches and the fourth wall a lot, and is sometimes wittily self-deprecating. Has some surprisingly (but not out of place) deep points at times. Very expansive and colorful background history. Lots of very very epic characters.

Mahou Sensei Negima! Manga - Read Mahou Sensei Negima! manga scans online.

(Same mangaka as Love Hina)
    Like Zilong said, there is already another thread about negima (on page 2).

I agree it's an awesome manga if you can ignore the fanservice aspect of it. The first 3 volumes are horrible (imo), but the story keep getting better after that point, especially in the second half of the manga. The plot is far from being original, but it's well executed, and the pacing and character dynamics are better than in your average shonen.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Sadomi It's like Slice of life on crack and Each chapter is only one page long.

AnimeA - Read Sadomi chapter 1-18 manga online
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://a.imagehost.org/0313/6491_2F1...adomi_0028.jpg
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    http://a.imagehost.org/0254/6491_2F1...adomi_0022.jpg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://a.imagehost.org/0726/6491_2F1...adomi_0005.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://a.imagehost.org/0418/6491_2F1...adomi_0035.jpg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://a.imagehost.org/0047/RR_Sadomi_0039.jpg

I lol'd, alright, you got me interested.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't know why people crying so much about TO-Love-Ru ending, what was everyone expecting? I'm shocked it even survived this long with thin sliced plot (Read one chapter then you've read it all).

I'm really enjoying this new manga pumped by MangaHelpers.com - Manga Scanlations, Translations, Downloads, Forums and Community Website which is called Tasogare Otome x Amnesia It's done by Maybe *Hentai artist* and has a very strong feel to bakemonogatari especially lead Female design. The series isn't Hentai even if done by one and only two chapter translation with no edit into chapters but it'll be popular soon enough for a group.

Summary

A school was built on a cursed land. In order to appease the curse, people offered highschool girl, Kanoe Yuko as a sacrifice..... One day, Niiya Teiichi got lost in the old school building. He ends up meeting the rumored "ghost of the old school building", Yuko. For some reason, he is the old one who can see and touch Yuko, who have no memory of her former life. In order to find out more about herself, Yuko sets up PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION CLUB, and drags Teiichi into her club. Can Teiichi and Yuko solve the mysteries behind her death? [ruggia]

http://h.imagehost.org/0468/2_png.jpg
    http://a.imagehost.org/0399/135_png.jpg
    http://a.imagehost.org/0766/129_png.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I definitely recognize that art. It's weird when a hmanga-ka draws normal manga

Black Belt
    BG Level

people were crying over toloveru ending? lol.

That shit is like the bottom feeder of jump, it's really kinda sad reading a series that runs solely on fanservice without anything even close to being a plot.

anyway, the only jump series that i'm really enjoying right now is nurarihyon no mago

Teppu Manga - Read Teppu manga scans online. - this is a pretty good manga so far, it's about girls doing MMA in highschool. Wanting to see what it's like after a few more chapters but I think it has potential.

http://www.onemanga.com/Until_Death_Do_Us_Part/ - fairly interesting manga

http://www.onemanga.com/AIKI/ /shrug

http://www.onemanga.com/Kekkaishi/ - Anime goes up to a certain point(think it's around 50 something(not 100% sure)

http://www.onemanga.com/Nodame_Cantabile/ - Same as the anime just goes past the ova's

http://www.onemanga.com/Team_Medical_Dragon/ - I find this one interesting for the medical stuff and makes me wonder if japan's medical system is anything like they portray it to be

I just read a whole bunch of stuff to get me by and i'm sad when there's nothing out QQ

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Team Medical Dragon Manga - Read Team Medical Dragon manga scans online. - I find this one interesting for the medical stuff and makes me wonder if japan's medical system is anything like they portray it to be
    Really my favorite medical series just too bad the translations are very far behind the JP releases but I love one of the doctors is Chan Lee lol.

I was right on Tasogare Otome x Amnesia as it's already been picked up by Manga group and first Chapter already been released.Here's first chapter Link
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 1 English Read Online by Meow Scans

Always Cabrón!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    can't really expect Pulitzer prize content from Isutoshi...
    tho I do love his fanservice and comedy since the days of Slut Girl

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    negima has its own thread, it's just waaaay down since akamatsu loves being a faggot and take break every other week.

on a somehow related note, he divorced his wife a while ago due to her banging a younger guy, which unfortunately for the irony lovers out there, was not a 10 year old.
    what? that's not akamatsu, that's the tolove guy

Black Belt
    BG Level

really? i thought it was akamatsu's wife with that nico musician guy in the teens or something.

i heard it from a friend who's a nico whore, but he could be wrong

A. Body
    BG Level

pretty sure, the wife also didn't want custody of their daughter so he's stuck with her

on the other hand akamatsu is supposed to be the envy of all otakus with that hot wife of his

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

pretty sure, the wife also didn't want custody of their daughter so he's stuck with her
    wow what a bitch

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

here story that pretty much sums up the bitch wife but even tho i still hate To Love Ru. (Credit to Neogaf)

Creator Breakdown - Television Tropes & Idioms

To Love Ru ended rather abrupt because of the mangaka's recent divorce. It's not exactly easy to continue writing the story when the character of the sweet and lovely Girl Next Door was based on the wife who turned out to be cheating on him behind his back. Said wife also tried to steal the mangaka's life-savings AND attempted to gain custody of his three-year-old daughter; but not before trying to suigh for monetary rights to the manga because said sweet-and-lovely girl (who she turned out to be nothing like) happens to look like her.

Why To Love Ru was actually ended:

Here are the details. It's quite a well-known story, actually.

- There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the artist of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

(Ed: Haruna was the Girl Next Door, and Yui was the tsundere character)

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
    [While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

The dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

To love Ru is pretty much everything I hate about manga (fanservice), but reading this is kinda sad.

On the bright side...
    In the last chapter of Black Cat, Kentaro Yabuki stated that "This is more like the end of part one". and says "If the opportunity present itself, I may begin writing up Black Cat part 2".
    I wouldnt mind if something like this would happen. I loved the anime/manga.

Wow, that totally sucks. I feel for the guy, but hey, at least now he might write some drama story about the bitch next door who steals the main character's heart, finances and children.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone here read Gantz?

I just caught up with it to chapter 303 and was surprised to see the series is ending? O_O

I can't believe how easily I can breeze through the whole series though It's all pretty much just awesome in-your-face artwork. XD

Black Belt
    BG Level

gantz is pretty horrible plotwise, and the action have way too much downtime in between to give a damn about anymore

And really, these days I don't even get aroused by fanservice manga anymore, maybe it's because I just have a few gigs worth of doujin if I ever want to see a character naked and/or being in sexual situation at any given moment, and unlike those manga, they go the whole nine yards.

I guess I just see the futility of the genre when I realized that if you're doing a good job of any genre and become popular, you'll have a fuckton of people doing the fanservice for you.

But I suppose japanese children that doesn't have my freedom and accessibility need their dose of softcore smut too and prove to be a decent enough demographic for the genre to thrive.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast