Closed Thread
Page 154 of 161 FirstFirst ... 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post

So Feng Shen Ji is finally over. It has been a fantastic ride and one for the ages. It's only 185 chapters deep but each chapter is about 25-30 pages strong. Full color, beautiful art work each chapter, near perfect English Translation courtesy of EasyGoing Scans (their projects are always top notch IMHO) and lots of depth to keep you reading through.

I highly recommend this if you love fantasy/drama/martial arts manga.
    I took your recomendation and read all of this. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I took a short break just before the final story arc, but other than that, it kept me entertained.

On another note, I saw a manga pop up on the site I read it at called Goblin Slayer. It was seemingly like all the other RPG manga/anime series I've seen lately, but it got real dark, real quick. It seemed to rattle me quite quickly which seems odd.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I took your recomendation and read all of this. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I took a short break just before the final story arc, but other than that, it kept me entertained.

On another note, I saw a manga pop up on the site I read it at called Goblin Slayer. It was seemingly like all the other RPG manga/anime series I've seen lately, but it got real dark, real quick. It seemed to rattle me quite quickly which seems odd.
    Nice. Glad younliked it. Xno here put me on to it. I like manga like that. Ill check it out. Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

oh wow which projects besides Feng Shen is completed on that site? Loads of downloads, but dunno what to read, but I specifically want completed, preferably long (100+ chapters) mangas.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

EG handles a LOT of Korean/Chinese mangas but I haven't read much of their stuff that's gotten that far. Could try "Legend of Tyr" i loved it

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I see. Do they still read right to left? I was flicking through some random ones while browsing and found some were left to right but I wasn't sure if it was specific.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Korean/Chinese = right to left

Japanese = left to right

The easiest way for me to tell outside of knowing where its from is context from a few blurbs. If it flows and makes sense then I have the direction correct

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks for clarifying. Actually on the random pages I was looking at, it made sense to me both ways hahaha!

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Is there a dedicated Hajime no Ippo thread or should I just talk about it here? Because damn, I have to discuss these story developments.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think most of the discussion has been in here. I've been pleased with the last dozen or so chapters that came out recently.

BG Level

It takes so long to get anywhere! Several chapters in a row with real storyline development is a breath of fresh air. I'm trying not to get my hopes up about any kind of happy ending for Aoki, because every time in the past it's seemed like he might make him and Kimura win something worthwhile they've had the rug pulled out from under them. So much is happening with the title picture now, I can't wait to see what Ippo's next challenge is.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

HnI has been going on for decades +_+. 1146 chapters at (over-estimating here) 50 chapters a year is 22 years of manga. Not including any breaks or anything like that. I'm all for some story progression lol. Ippo is still nervous and shy around whatshername for gods sake +_+.

For any fans of Magi (incoming spoilers for those who haven't kept up):

Spoiler: show
    Aladdin is a fucking OP beast. And this last chapter, ALIBABA AND CO FINALLY REUNITE!!! Time to get Alibaba his Amon sword back. I can't help but think Sinbad is using all the metal vessels to power this new world of his. More or less enslaving all of Solomon's friends and peers and sapping their power, to which Aladdin is gonna say "fuck no" to. That's pure speculation though.

BG Level

Well the big developments recently, as far as Ippo is concerned, are his pledge to retire if he loses a third time, and Takamura confronting him with the fact that if he doesn't have a real goal to strive for, he'll never succeed in the World. Plus Ippo's realization that Takamura is right and he's not a World-level competitor.

But new Dempsey Roll!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh, I'm totally happy with all that stuff. Any progress is good progress. The big problem for me lately is that while Takamura, Kimura and Aoki's fights are enjoyable, Ippo's and Itagaki's have been pretty meh as of late (Ippo's last one against #2 in the world not included, but all the shit leading up to it. Itagaki has always been a boring character to me). And when the bulk of your main character's fights have been really mediocre, you got yourself a problem. But the other 3 have been so good that they're able to carry the manga themselves lol

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://bato.to/reader#364b5c8bdf64bbcc

Japan made a manga about my life at college. Unbelievable.

Read this shit if you want your sides to go into fucking orbit every page. Funniest shit I've seen since Cromartie High.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nisekoi seems to be wrapping up, if not completely wrapped up.
    The latest chapter I read was good, but it left me wanting a little more. I can't tell if it's done or there's a little more to go.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Nisekoi seems to be wrapping up, if not completely wrapped up.
    The latest chapter I read was good, but it left me wanting a little more. I can't tell if it's done or there's a little more to go.
    Surprised I wasn't the only one reading this. >.> I quite enjoyed the series overall and I'm really glad
    that the best girl won. Cannot believe people were rooting for Kosaki Onodera for so long. What a boring character.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Surprised I wasn't the only one reading this. >.> I quite enjoyed the series overall and I'm really glad
    that the best girl won. Cannot believe people were rooting for Kosaki Onodera for so long. What a boring character.
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was half expecting the author to go the To Love Ru Darkness route (in terms of no choice being made at all).

I've actually started reading Assassin Classroom. I had a completely different idea of what it was in my head. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Assassin Classroom is a phenomenal manga.

I've sorta dropped Nisekoi a few years back when it became the standard harem affair with no end in sight.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Whoa whoa whoa, Nisekoi ended??

DID THEY OPEN THE LOCK

OR IS THIS SOME HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER/LOST BULLSHIT

or even worst, is the ending some AND SO LIFE GOES ON (pendant still locked) BULLSHIT?

I stopped at chapter 200 as I didn't want to wait weekly or monthly again. But that was a few months ago, so not to catch up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, Nisekoi ended??

DID THEY OPEN THE LOCK

OR IS THIS SOME HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER/LOST BULLSHIT

or even worst, is the ending some AND SO LIFE GOES ON (pendant still locked) BULLSHIT?

I stopped at chapter 200 as I didn't want to wait weekly or monthly again. But that was a few months ago, so not to catch up.
    Everything was resolved pretty well actually.