Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

actually you guys worrying at the wrong things.....this shit is obviously able to be disabled if you dont wanna use it......

what im more concern is that:
    1. Buying on POL means? using our POL membership credit card? or even address? lol im sure 80% of us here uses fake address...........
    2. will there be a purchase form, and will we be able to buy outside the US? if not, i guess po boxes can still take care of this
    3. and finally.the most important thing... will disabling the use of token still grant us access to the extra space?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I'm actually surprised more people arent asking what happens when you step on that token and crush it or drop it in the toilet or something equally as retarded.

Can't wait for those posts.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm sure in the oh-so-many pages of this topic someone has brought up the point but, let's analyze this.

Counter to the thought process 95% of this forum that isn't saying "I MUST NOW OWN THIS" is having:

Cost: $9.99
    Probable approximate cost to make: $5-$6
    Shipping & Handling included: Approximate cost $2-$3
    Price to produce & ship: $7-$9.
    Ignoring all other costs (people making them, machinery to make them, cost of setting this system up, etc.) Profit/Token, $2.99-$.99

Summation of the likely idea at Square Enix.

"Man, we waste a LOT of money trying to get people their accounts back."
    "We should do something that helps account security."
    "HEY! I HAVE AN IDEA!"
    *Security Token gets invented*
    "Wow, this is really great."
    "Yeah, too bad it costs us $9 to make."
    "Yeah... we can't send them out for free either or this will just be a loss, too."
    "We need to add something that will make SURE people buy it. They get something awesome, we stop having to spend so much money and man hours getting their accounts back."

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

FUCK MAN WHAT HAPPENS IF I STICK MY TOKEN UP MY ASS AND THE POOP INFILTRATES ITS PLASTIC CASING AND BREAKS IT?!

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    FUCK MAN WHAT HAPPENS IF I STICK MY TOKEN UP MY ASS AND THE POOP INFILTRATES ITS PLASTIC CASING AND BREAKS IT?!
    Man, that sure was fucking hilarious.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroko View Post
    Man, that sure was fucking hilarious.
    You are a boldfaced liar.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    3. and finally.the most important thing... will disabling the use of token still grant us access to the extra space?
    Posting again for good measure since I've seen about 4 of this same question since the LAST time it was mentioned after the time before that.

Bonus with Purchase: - The ”Mog Satchel” will be included as an in-game bonus for FINAL FANTASY XI players who purchase a security token(*1).

*1 It is required for the PlayOnline ID to be linked to the Square Enix Account that has a security token associated.

The wording is very odd and unclear, but most people would say this means the security token has to be ACTIVE for you to have access to the satchel.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Magi Karp
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Perfect Solution for it:

Just have the code be active untill the next log in. So if someone wants to use your account just create a code and give it to them so they can log on while you're sleeping or doing something else.

I see a huge flaw with this though. What if you give them your code and they log in during the 30sec time frame but then they d/c or their comp crashes or they may just have to log off > log on because it's lagging. Idk...it's kind of a good concept, but with the information given so far I would say it's being poorly executed.

And for the record, I would pay $10, maybe even $20 just for the +70/80 slots.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

>.> I'm gonna end up buying two of these
    having 1 account that's my main

then my super muel account that has 7 chars on it
    thats a ton of space for me. <3 Thank you SE!

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vendeen View Post
    Perfect Solution for it:

Just have the code be active untill the next log in. So if someone wants to use your account just create a code and give it to them so they can log on while you're sleeping or doing something else.

I see a huge flaw with this though. What if you give them your code and they log in during the 30sec time frame but then they d/c or their comp crashes or they may just have to log off > log on because it's lagging. Idk...it's kind of a good concept, but with the information given so far I would say it's being poorly executed.

And for the record, I would pay $10, maybe even $20 just for the +70/80 slots.
    Would totally defeat the point of the security number changing every 30 seconds. This would be no better than what is currently in place.

*1 It is required for the PlayOnline ID to be linked to the Square Enix Account that has a security token associated.

The wording is very odd and unclear, but most people would say this means the security token has to be ACTIVE for you to have access to the satchel.
    I read it as that it needs to be linked, but it's still unknown if it can be linked and turned off. It *could* be as simple as a enable/disable button in the SE Account.

And then it will be a question if you can access the satchel with it disabled.

Lots that we don't know, and will not, until we can get the fobs, and see how it all works. It's a wait and see thing now I feel.

I honestly don't know how I feel about the virtual item being linked to fob, or a cash purchase in general. My attitude is mixed.

80 more inventory does give a player advantages, not game breaking ones, but still a level of advantage that is different from porting to the mire once every 48 hours or however long. In FF being able to buy (with $'s) an advantage has never been part of what I see as the games base philosophy. It's one of the basis of the arguments against RMT.

So while I will buy the fob (PS2 user here) and enjoy the +80 inventory, part of me also does hope this is not a trend to buyable advantages that have real weight. For that's the path to some real classism in the game.

I feel that it's trivial in the big picture. But it is an act that represents a change in how players can obtain items in game. That is worth noting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Just about every MMO has a system where you can buy items and etc..FFXI as said is late to the trend and probably WoW..but as usual..if WoW did it, it's ok for everyone else to >.>

FFXI won't turn into "who has the most money will get ahead" like it seems is being feared, because it's already like that with gil alone and the game isn't bursting into flames or anything. So of course people aren't going to comment on how:

"Being in the best LSes on the server will put you ahead of those who aren't"

or

"Using Windower, Spellcast and etc isn't an advantage at all over anyone who doesn't use it"

But instead..

"80 more inv slots is a game breaking advantage!!1 But I'll gladly pay double for it to leave out the shitty token I don't need. :3"

Realy..I mean really. This isn't the "start of more things to come", it's the simple fact they offer an incentive to WANT people to get the token, and having it being easily enabled/disabled defeats the purpose in general and THEN they would be selling us "things we already pay for."

Restating your point over and over is really working Des, we missed it the first 10 times.

Really? SE wanted an insentive to buy the token? You are fucking brilliant.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I literally spit on the screen, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Would totally defeat the point of the security number changing every 30 seconds. This would be no better than what is currently in place.
    That's the way that the PayPal security token works, and it seems to work well for them. When you log in with a given code, it expires all of the previous codes that could have been generated by that token. It's slightly less secure because a generated code has no time-based expiration, but it's still much more secure than the current single-factor authentication, and more than enough for an online game.

SE's security token is, however, time-based (at least if they use the Vasco Digipass Go 6 which is pictured in the literature).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

don't buy it! it's a bomb!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I wasn't talking to you sis, I think your sig needs to be a little bigger.
    No day, I won't put any quotes from you in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Restating your point over and over is really working Des, we missed it the first 10 times.

ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post

Ironic, you're busting his balls for doing the same thing you did for over 7 pages. Pot meet kettle.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

35 pages ; ; but, would we have to continuously use the Token to keep our 80 Slots? Seems redundant, although I see the point of it too. Guess I want to be lazy and keep 80 Slots. :D

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Just about every MMO has a system where you can buy items and etc..FFXI as said is late to the trend and probably WoW..but as usual..if WoW did it, it's ok for everyone else to >.>
    WoW did do, and still does it. They have a trading card game based on the mmo, and certain rare cards you buy have a code redeemable for ingame items.