BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Low man Divine Might

So yeah I looked around a bunch trying to scrounge up a solid strategy with the lowest possible number of people and I just can't find anything that doesn't look like it is from 2005.

Anyone got any solid strats or testimonials? I'd love to be told you can do it with 6-8 but I'll take what I can get.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If I only had 8 people to work with, this is what I would use.

1st Echos, poison pots for that AOE sleep WS move, remedy for roar + RR item.

PLD/BLU super tank
    Healer Job

4 Melee
    1 BRD (or COR)
    RDM

Not sure if I would have the melee go /nin or /sam.. prolly /nin since third eye doesnt evade AOE's.

Dont forget to bring Echos Poison pots and Remedies!

PLD agros and pulls to top of stairs. The taru will not leave the middle. He will just warp around the middle. Melee stay at entrance and pull the NM's off the PLD one at a time.

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

I'm not sure if that'd work that well unless the PLD and DDs were exceptional. I've supertanked DM 3 or 4 times, and you just take so much damage so fast, that even if a single healer were able to keep up, they'd burn themselves out of MP in under a minute. You could probably manage it with 10 in a supertank strat, maybe 9 if everyone was geared really well, and 2HRed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To be honest, I'd be more worried about timing out with that low of people. Like Korremar said, a single healer will run out of MP pretty quickly with everything attack him/her.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, you'd almost assuredly need a brd and Sch in the PLD/BLU and healer party. I'm guessing the Pld would be capped on def, and I doubt with all the mobs hitting him that even with top notch gear that he'd be able to get many spells off, so I guess Paeons for the pld. Phalanx and SS (or blink, but neither will help that much) and just spamming cures would be just about the best fashion.

With a straight up Def build, a PLD/BLU would have about 1679 HP (http://ffxigear.com/?ref=504 - Just for the sake of stats, and the site doesn't incorporate Def. Bonus trait, Cocoon, or L.Tacos) and 950ish Def. My pld's 20, so Idk, but how else would you prep for this kind of supertanking?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Isn't their a big risk of the PLD Spirits Within 1 shotting? Or is it just targeted first?

Yeah, due to the amount of enemies you are facing, low man is likely not practical with a 30 minute time limit (wipes and RR with unlimited time... probably...)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ya, the Elvaan can nearly one-shot you with Spirits Within. When we did the super-tank method we pulled that one first to avoid that shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Interesting - I'll have to look into it. Now to find some willing HQ melees ;x

You can do it with 8.

PT #1
    RDM/BLU supertank - Real damage- gear required, can manage without d.ring but at least get a decent set.. use tacos protect phal cocoon etc and you take a fair degree of 0s
    RDM healer - hurrdurr, cure supertank, after patch a WHM probably will work just as well
    BRD/WHM - use your fucking MP, keep ballads on the healer and minnex2 or minne/ballad on supertank

PT #2
    RDM - Healer, nothing special, sleep wyvern and mithra's pet
    BRD/WHM - duh
    BRD or COR - duh, cor/nin preferred as they can clutch tank mithra/galka/hume fine if they're decent and your rdm/brd keep debuffs up.
    2x DD/NIN - MNKs are ideal, due to their lack of berserk and natural massive HP. Don't counterstance.

The amount of damage taken is MUCH more managable with a RDM/BLU supertank than a PLD, and constant damage%- is better than shield blocks by sheer virtue of it being more consistant for staying alive. As said earlier, supertank should pull out of center to avoid dealing with tarutaru. Start with elvaan, and take it out as quickly as possible.. if one MNK dies to spirits then you should still be okay. After elvaan, take galka, wyvern, mithra, tiger, hume, and finally tarutaru in order.. make sure your mages know the distance of AoEs, they aren't particularly hard NMs to blink tank. When I supertanked on RDM, I used darksteel+1 body/hands/legs/feet, umbra cape, terra's staff, jelly ring for a total of -48% physical damage taken.. opted to idle in AF+1 hat over darksteel cap+1 to make it easier to cure myself and recast cocoon and phalanx(You need a short delay after equipping for the fast cast to take effect, personal preference /shrug.. I do blink when tanking) as well as HP gear in all remaining slots(axe grip, some sash, bomb queen, cassie, intruder). If you use a RDM tank, enter at 18:00 for the extra 5/6% from cheviot/umbra, it's a pretty big difference. You could theoretically cut it to 7 and have your BRD party swapping, but 4 songs in each party is a lot for one BRD to deal with and will lower their ability to spam cures drastically.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

A while back I did a low-man Divine Might with a ragtag bunch by kiting everything. With a competent group, I'd imagine you might be able to run with 6 or 7 with one person kiting everything while spamming powder boots. You'd have to time it so that you run out of the flee as you hit each dead end though so the kiter has to know what they're doing. I wouldn't know about having as few as 5 though, you'd run into the time issue.

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    The amount of damage taken is MUCH more managable with a RDM/BLU supertank than a PLD, and constant damage%- is better than shield blocks by sheer virtue of it being more consistant for staying alive
    terra's staff
    PLD is included in that All Jobs, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Korremar View Post
    PLD is included in that All Jobs, you know.
    RDM has native phalanx and access to another 10-12% damage from cheviot/umbra, you know.. as well as fast cast traits and higher skill that are a gigantic help when trying to cast through 5 mobs. I sort of assumed everyone with a brain in their head knew that if terra's staff was coming up anyway then pld wasn't the job of choice, unless you're going to start arguing for ~70 defense from traits over 12/62 or 19.35% damage taken in ideal circumstances.. 10/75 or 13% if you have nq cheviot and only terras/jelly for other phys-.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If nobody fucks up supertank, you should be able to pull it off with half an alliance. I just recently did it again with a full alliance and I was able to keep super tank alive, by myself, as WHM, even after Mijin Gakure wiped almost everyone.

Super Tank is bad ass and our Paladin was even pretty gimp and subbed war. Virtually of our damage was gimpers doing DM for the first time. If you got non gimper friends, you could probably do it with half an alliance, give or take a person.

As far as time, you don't have to worry if you don't plan on wiping. People wipe twice in DM and still finish it meaning there's 10+ minutes of filler in there. Don't wipe (or badly enough you can't maintain your effort) and you should be fine.

The fact is, these mobs can be killed with parties of 2 to 4 individually. Don't be intimidated by them. Divine Might's strength is the number of mobs and a couple of their two hours.

Take everything from center ring leave Tarutaru flying around the middle all lonely and shit.

Make sure kill party backs up far enough from paladin and healer(s) that the aoe sleep weaponskill and other shit like Mijin Gakure doesn't hit them.

Be sure that you kill wahtever you pull no matter what. If Mijin Gakure goes off and kills everyone, then your paladin and healers are dead and its a wipe.

Finally, wait til after update. With White Mage broken, super tanking will be even more bad ass.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Last time I did this I think we had 13, could have easily done it with 8-9~

PLD supertank(I think he was /WAR or /RDM), RDM RDM WHM BLU in the party otherwise...I held the pets and kept Phal2/Refresh up, 2nd RDM kited AAEV so tank didn't have to worry about Spirits oneshotting.

DD party was NIN SAM SAM RNG(my 2box) and something else, SAM/NIN x2 would probably be sufficient, they pulled Galka first and ganked it in about 30s, then did MR, then EV. The BLU came and took care of the pets I was holding, though really they weren't much trouble. I don't recall anyone 2 using their 2hrs.

I'm sure you'll have access to equal or stronger players than what we had for most part, I wouldn't think you should need more than 9 for this.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sup Sath?

I'm used to only seeing people Manaburn this fight. In fact, that's how I did it years ago.
    So why are you trying to low-man it?
    If you go the BLM burn route, look me up.

If not, GL with the low-man strat.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Does the ELV use cure when Idle?

If not or if it's not common, you can probably win by just using 1 SCH and ~4-5 BLMs. Repeatedly Ga3 and wipe. You can 'save your progress' using a SCH to Manifestation Bio II. Even if you force Benediction I'm pretty sure you could win unless it spams idle cure4.

(Not really a legit way to win but cheese method I guess)

I'm pretty sure all mobs with cure use it when idle, provided one is below 33% hp. The main problem with that strategy that I can see is that Bio only lasts 2 minutes, and all monsters in the bc have group hate(is it alliance hate or area? I was pretty sure it was the latter, but you're the hate expert and all).. wouldn't your BLMs get double weakened? Or do you plan on logging out/in every time the sch manifestations?

Also, I've noticed that in the bugbby ENM if you full wipe all DoTs instant wear.. is this the case for other BCs now or just a weird exception?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm pretty sure all mobs with cure use it when idle, provided one is below 33% hp. The main problem with that strategy that I can see is that Bio only lasts 2 minutes, and all monsters in the bc have group hate(is it alliance hate or area? I was pretty sure it was the latter, but you're the hate expert and all).. wouldn't your BLMs get double weakened? Or do you plan on logging out/in every time the sch manifestations?

Also, I've noticed that in the bugbby ENM if you full wipe all DoTs instant wear.. is this the case for other BCs now or just a weird exception?
    Higher end BCs auto-reset DoTs. AV is the first mob made I think with this feature. Sandworm BC NMs do this as well, but I think older content is still especially prone to this sort of DoT cheese. For instance, the AoE Bio II > AoE drain > death method is a really easy way to for a SCH to solo 6 NMs in Dynamis Xarc. Drain is probably the ultimate cheese tool for these sorts of wipe DoT kills since it's the only magic damage in the game that bypasses double weakness. If DoTs now wear upon deaggro or full hate reset for most things then this is news to me - must be a ninja patch if it is.

As far as shared hate, I actually don't know the mechanics of this fight. If it's alliance hate you can just disband the SCH. If it's zone hate, I then this doesn't work. Time logged off doesn't count towards 5 minute weakness phase. I would personally bet on alliance hate, not zone hate though. I can't think of a single zone with true 'zone hate'. Most examples citing 'zone hate' like Apollyon SE and Einherjar are actually alliance hate.

If cures only go off when the AI sees a mob's HP under 33% then this should work I think. Assuming you time 33% with unweakened BLMs, you can send 5 Ga3s > die > Ga3s. That's 10 Ga3s in about 1 minute. It only takes ~15-16 to kill everything I think.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Cant you just zombie it with 6-8 people? Killing the Taru and galka before the tank die can't be that hard with 2h and everything. Wipe in stair, and repeat 5minutes later

RDM has native phalanx and access to another 10-12% damage from cheviot/umbra, you know.. as well as fast cast traits and higher skill that are a gigantic help when trying to cast through 5 mobs. I sort of assumed everyone with a brain in their head knew that if terra's staff was coming up anyway then pld wasn't the job of choice, unless you're going to start arguing for ~70 defense from traits over 12/62 or 19.35% damage taken in ideal circumstances.. 10/75 or 13% if you have nq cheviot and only terras/jelly for other phys-.
    a 75 RDM can Give a 32 Phalanx as well. The PLD/BLU with Sheild blocks will then out do the RDM/BLU. You got 2 JAs that give you -100% dmg and -100% DMG (with af2) or -90%.

If the DDs are not done in the 2-3min window you got of taking little to no DMG. Get better DDs >_>