BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan View Post
    I give up Utley for any of the following two SPs...

Wainwright
    Josh Johnson
    Wandy Rodriguez

Should I do it!?!?
    Uh.. first, do you NEED starting pitching like really bad? And second, do you have another 2B?

Somehow, I sense sarcasm in the post, but I'm not sure how... Haha. But honestly, Josh Johnson is Florida's lone bright spot on that rotation right now, and the entire Cardinal's pitching staff has been crazy good over the past three weeks. Wandy Rodriguez is learning, but seems to only be really good at home. Kid's got some stuff, though.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Uh.. first, do you NEED starting pitching like really bad? And second, do you have another 2B?

Somehow, I sense sarcasm in the post, but I'm not sure how... Haha. But honestly, Josh Johnson is Florida's lone bright spot on that rotation right now, and the entire Cardinal's pitching staff has been crazy good over the past three weeks. Wandy Rodriguez is learning, but seems to only be really good at home. Kid's got some stuff, though.
    I'm partially serious. If you look a few posts above you can see my pitching. It's pretty solid. Only difference is I dropped Matt Palmer and picked up Josh Outman and Romero is off of the DL (terrible come back start though).

The other 2b I have is Aaron Hill who has been spectacular so far. He hasn't showed signs of slowing down yet either. Obviously pitching is my strength. My hitters are

C - Ianetta & Varitek
    1B - Huff, Helton, Blalock
    2B - Utley & Aaron Hill
    SS - Zobrist (who's been absolutely on fire lately) & Furcal
    3B - (again Huff & Blalock)
    OF - Adam Dunn, Abreu, Juan Pierre (RBI and Run machine lately), Fukudome, Cuddyer

It's not that bad of a line-up hitting-wise but there are a lot better in the league. So my focus is pitching right now.

I'm probably not going to do the trade but if I did it would be for Johnson and Wainwright.
    3B -

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I talk about this with Akiyama on a near-daily basis, but fucking Chris Davis is murdering me in the Ks category - he pretty much single-handedly keeps me from winning it.

It's time to cut him - but who to pick up?

Prospects include:
    Russell Branyan
    James Loney
    Hank Blalock
    Andre Ethier
    Jerry Hairston Jr. (plays like 6 positions)
    Gary Sheffield

I have plenty of positional flexibility so that doesn't matter - which of those 4 should I grab, or do you think I should ride the K-train that is Davis out? I kinda wanna grab Branyan because I loved him on the Brewers and I hate that they let him go - he smokes Bill Hall any day of the week if you ask me. Branyan also has the best #s so far in the season of all available free agents in my league, Hairston Jr. and Shef have the best #s in the past month.

Thoughts?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm partially serious. If you look a few posts above you can see my pitching. It's pretty solid. Only difference is I dropped Matt Palmer and picked up Josh Outman and Romero is off of the DL (terrible come back start though).

The other 2b I have is Aaron Hill who has been spectacular so far. He hasn't showed signs of slowing down yet either. Obviously pitching is my strength. My hitters are

C - Ianetta & Varitek
    1B - Huff, Helton, Blalock
    2B - Utley & Aaron Hill
    SS - Zobrist (who's been absolutely on fire lately) & Furcal
    3B - (again Huff & Blalock)
    OF - Adam Dunn, Abreu, Juan Pierre (RBI and Run machine lately), Fukudome, Cuddyer

It's not that bad of a line-up hitting-wise but there are a lot better in the league. So my focus is pitching right now.

I'm probably not going to do the trade but if I did it would be for Johnson and Wainwright.
    3B -
    Yeah. Don't do it. Aaron Hill's been on fire, but he'll come back to earth I feel. I hate to say that because I hope he continues to achieve, but that whole team was overachieving. Now they are falling back to earth, and so is the team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I talk about this with Akiyama on a near-daily basis, but fucking Chris Davis is murdering me in the Ks category - he pretty much single-handedly keeps me from winning it.

It's time to cut him - but who to pick up?

Prospects include:
    Russell Branyan
    James Loney
    Hank Blalock
    Andre Ethier

I have plenty of positional flexibility so that doesn't matter - which of those 4 should I grab, or do you think I should ride the K-train that is Davis out? I kinda wanna grab Branyan because I loved him on the Brewers and I hate that they let him go - he smokes Bill Hall any day of the week if you ask me. Branyan also has the best #s so far in the season of all available free agents in my league.

Thoughts?
    Hrm. Chris Davis will continue to strike out, sadly. He's the ultimate feast or famine this year. At this rate, he'll break the "Most K's in a single season" easily. Honestly, in order, I'd like Ethier > Blalock > Loney > Branyan. Branyan may be doing well right now, but Ethier will get better I feel because it wasn't a coincidence that he was on fire with Manny around. Once Manny's back, he'll do better. Blalock has pop and such, but his only issue is he's sort of injury prone. Loney's yet to hit his power stride, but he's got a decent average I think? I'm not 100% sure on that. Loney/Branyan could be interchangeable. Only problem with Branyan is the tougher AL and the ballpark he plays in.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Aki, wanna take some of my players.

I'm not keeping up with this shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post

Collusion is bad, M'Kay?

Spoiler: show
    Unless you want to unload some players to me. I need the help more.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post

Lol. Shore. Offer me a trade or someshit.

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    Collusion is bad, M'Kay?

Spoiler: show
    Unless you want to unload some players to me. I need the help more.
    Haha. Well he asked me first. =P

Either way, I'd hate to see you go. There are a few still active, but I guess baseball where it isn't weekly is just too much for people to keep up with. D:

Patron of Yin

BG Level

This trade was proposed to me: I give up Chase Utley and Get Adrian Gonzalez straight up. I'm seriously considering doing it.

What do you guys think?

This trade was proposed to me: I give up Chase Utley and Get Adrian Gonzalez straight up. I'm seriously considering doing it.

What do you guys think?
    It certainly sounds like a great deal on paper, but what would determine it for me is if you had to sit a 1B on your roster who is performing well for you and if you would have anyone who would replace Utley at 2B.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

I have Aaron Hill in my Util spot and Helton at 1B so I can just move Hill to 2B, Gonzalez to 1B and Helton to my Util.

I have Aaron Hill in my Util spot and Helton at 1B so I can just move Hill to 2B, Gonzalez to 1B and Helton to my Util.
    Yeah, make the trade then. You'd be gaining a ton of offense.

Need a pitcher, who would you choose:

Ervin Santana (should be coming back from DL this weekend)
    Jon Lester

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Lester, by a mile..

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Lester, by TWO miles.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Question...Brandon Webb had his shoulder surgery and "expects" to be back at full health next season. What are the chances he's back to his old form next year? I don't know anything about players who had the same kind of surgery as him and how they've performed after having it. I'm asking because I have him in a keeper league and not sure if I should deal him now and try to get equal or slightly better value, or hold onto him and risk his chances to come back strong vs him never being back in his original form. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    Question...Brandon Webb had his shoulder surgery and "expects" to be back at full health next season. What are the chances he's back to his old form next year? I don't know anything about players who had the same kind of surgery as him and how they've performed after having it. I'm asking because I have him in a keeper league and not sure if I should deal him now and try to get equal or slightly better value, or hold onto him and risk his chances to come back strong vs him never being back in his original form. Thoughts?
    I think he'll come back strong, but he'll never win a Cy Young again. You should expect a 3.50~ ERA and 15~ wins next year. He'll benefit from not having to be the ace, plus pitchers in the NL West are always worth taking a shot on because of all the pitcher's parks and none of the teams are offensive juggernauts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5