Closed Thread
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Battle.net mobile authenicator now available!!

For those of you that own an iphone and need an authenicator or an alternative to the big ol' keychain one this is now out in the app store free of charge. The only requirement is moving/converting your account to the new battle.net.

I've just got it and it seems to work well. The only major issue is if your iPhone crashes and if you have to restore the settings the serial number resets and locks you out of your account so hopefully this would be fixed.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingles View Post
    For those of you that own an iphone and need an authenicator or an alternative to the big ol' keychain one this is now out in the app store free of charge. The only requirement is moving/converting your account to the new battle.net.

I've just got it and it seems to work well. The only major issue is if your iPhone crashes and if you have to restore the settings the serial number resets and locks you out of your account so hopefully this would be fixed.
    You have to take your current authenticator off, which is why I don't like this.

Right now we are forced to have this keychain with us, and it's small so no biggie... but I would rather a 2nd authenticator somehow then being forced to have to use the phone. If I drop my phone, and it breaks, I have to call blizzard lol. Supposedly if something happens with the phone where you accidentally delete it or whatever, you can redownload the app and it should work - the only real issue is if you have a major failure with your phone where you need a new one, but the same can be said if you drop/lose/break your authenticator.

I've lost a phone once in my life, I've never lost my keys. The keychain is so quick and easy to use, I'll probably stick with it. I do have the mobile authenticator downloaded, I just don't think I'll ever set it up.

For some reason I don't trust myself with the iphone, I know one day, something will happen and mine is uninsured which is even worse ;p

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I've lost a phone once in my life, I've never lost my keys.
    I'm the exact opposite. I have two sets of keys, one of which is always missing. When I lose them both I usually find the one that was missing the longest.