Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"The value of relics/mythics"

All discussion about the value of any relic/mythic weapon goes here. This is splitting from the current relic/mythic discussion thread. This is not a dump bin for "WASTE OF GIL" spam. The same rules across the current threads apply and you will receive infractions for the same rules. Keep it clean, and if you think your just going to cause problems or try to egg on fights, don't even bother posting.

I will be moving posts from the current thread to this.

Topic on hand that would go along with this thread... Is the WHM mythic worth the 90m?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They're all worth their weight for each specific job type and play their roles well.

It is all up to the person's time, their work towards each mythic/relic, how big their wallet is (usually), and play-style.

That is all i have to contribute; no speculation, and no annoying complaints from me. Topic Over

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Apoc, Amano, Aegis, Gjallar, Yoichi, Annihilator worths their price imo. The others are just some overvalued items, maybe an exception for WHM's mythic until we figure out what exactly next patch does to WHM. I didn't say the other relics/mythics are bad, but I'd say they're not worth gazillion gils and effort putting into.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Relics should be the last things people get to finish their jobs. Are they worth the gil? Most of them are worth it, if your job has all the best gear already. Are claustrum/Mjoll worth it? If you love Meele whm/smn/blm then go ahead.. it's your job, your choice. Would leveling a Meele and getting a meele relic be more useful? probably. But having fun is usually more important.

Then again don't expect to do anything endgame as a meele BLM.

All relics are worth it but in one way of another. Take a players skill and put it into a number and do the same for there gear. Add them together. Then take a relic but not as another number but as a modifier of +%, that is its usefulness. A player with 0 Skill and little gear will not make a relic worth while. But a person with great gear and skill will make it shine and pawn down all the noobs that gear in the way.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
    All relics are worth it but in one way of another.
    Claustrum

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Claustrum
    Solo BLM pops a IW -> Wses to get more MP

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Solo BLM pops a IW -> Wses to get more MP
    Sleep => Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Sleep => Rest
    What about mid fight the monster Aspirs you. No mp to Sleep the monster. No 2hour. You can put that fugly staff on pop a IW and get mp to sleep then rest? ^^;

Then again Ethers would be better >_<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What about mid fight the monster Aspirs you. No mp to Sleep the monster. No 2hour. You can put that fugly staff on pop a IW and get mp to sleep then rest? ^^;

Then again Ethers would be better >_<
    Great for 1% mobs lol...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If Yagrush was 10 mil, I'd be all over it. 20-30 mil? Probably worth saving up for. It is a fairly nice weapon.

But for 90mil? I could only see myself justifying it, if I had everything else I could possibly get for WHM, and I didn't plan to level any other jobs. Before getting it, I'd ask myself if I had all the following:

Aristocrat's coat
    HQ blessed
    Roundel Earring
    Star Ring
    HQ staves
    And perhaps the Marduk set

And if I was WHM only, I'd need a good melee set, too, and all the good gear that entails.

But I'm not super rich. I don't buy gil. So if I'm going to shell out 90 mil, I want to make sure it's the best upgrade among all my jobs. The chances of me obtaining 2 or more relics/mythics, isn't very high. And most people do level more than one job, so there's always the opportunity cost.

It's quite evident what people really think about items on this forum: Mention Claustraum, Ragnarok, or Glanzfaust? What do you get a response? Why? Each weapon has it's pros. But they are overshadowed by better things to spend your money on.

Quote Originally Posted by eva00r View Post
    Apoc, Amano, Aegis, Gjallar, Yoichi, Annihilator, Excalibur worths their price imo. The others are just some overvalued items, maybe an exception for WHM's mythic until we figure out what exactly next patch does to WHM. I didn't say the other relics/mythics are bad, but I'd say they're not worth gazillion gils and effort putting into.
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
    Before getting it, I'd ask myself if I had all the following:

Aristocrat's coat
    HQ blessed
    Roundel Earring
    Star Ring
    HQ staves
    And perhaps the Marduk set
    Aristocrat's coat - check
    Full HQ Blessed - check
    Roundel Earring - check
    Full HQ staves - check
    Full Marduk - check

I'm only missing the star ring, but I have very little desire to get one and the supply of them is very small. I had nothing else to purchase, and I was lucky enough to get 2 speed belts from KS99 in a very short span of time which paid for almost all of it, the rest of the Alexandrites were donated to me free by my LS to help me out (it was their own choice to do this).

I have very little desire to level anything else. I love WHM by heart, and I've enjoyed reading some of your posts regarding your opinion on Yagrush. You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I thought I'd let you know that I did not in fact have much of anything else to buy which is why I went ahead and went for this. I can also assure you that my others jobs are all very well geared, I didn't sell any of my equipment to fund this.

If you look at the screenshot of Carol (The other JP WHM who's close to finishing) you'll see that she also has full HQ blessed, along with roundel earring and I'm sure she needs next to nothing in terms of WHM gear. The other WHM in my LS who's about to finish Yagrush in about a week or two, has more HQ gear than even I do so he was in the same situation as me when he decided to start working on it.

You're free to argue that SCH can perform just as well, or that the upcoming Esuna spell will negate some of the usefulness of Yagrush. I won't deny that in a capable player, SCH or possibly Esuna might showcase enough performance to challenge Yagrush. But at the same time, a capable WHM with Yagrush will no doubt do very well and will exceed what SCH/Esuna can do. The bottom line for me, was that Yagrush was a huge upgrade for WHM and as I've stated earlier, there was nothing else for me to purchase to benefit the one job I play in FFXI the most.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Don't lose your time answering to that kenji guy, he should have been banned already for being such a retard.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Sai's response is really appropriate though.

Congrats on the Yagrush, and for a justified defense of the club, too.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    Aristocrat's coat - check
    Full HQ Blessed - check
    Roundel Earring - check
    Full HQ staves - check
    Full Marduk - check

I'm only missing the star ring, but I have very little desire to get one and the supply of them is very small. I had nothing else to purchase, and I was lucky enough to get 2 speed belts from KS99 in a very short span of time which paid for almost all of it, the rest of the Alexandrites were donated to me free by my LS to help me out (it was their own choice to do this).

I have very little desire to level anything else. I love WHM by heart, and I've enjoyed reading some of your posts regarding your opinion on Yagrush. You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I thought I'd let you know that I did not in fact have much of anything else to buy which is why I went ahead and went for this. I can also assure you that my others jobs are all very well geared, I didn't sell any of my equipment to fund this.

If you look at the screenshot of Carol (The other JP WHM who's close to finishing) you'll see that she also has full HQ blessed, along with roundel earring and I'm sure she needs next to nothing in terms of WHM gear. The other WHM in my LS who's about to finish Yagrush in about a week or two, has more HQ gear than even I do so he was in the same situation as me when he decided to start working on it.

You're free to argue that SCH can perform just as well, or that the upcoming Esuna spell will negate some of the usefulness of Yagrush. I won't deny that in a capable player, SCH or possibly Esuna might showcase enough performance to challenge Yagrush. But at the same time, a capable WHM with Yagrush will no doubt do very well and will exceed what SCH/Esuna can do. The bottom line for me, was that Yagrush was a huge upgrade for WHM and as I've stated earlier, there was nothing else for me to purchase to benefit the one job I play in FFXI the most.
    This about sums up most of the relic/mythic upgraders who care about their jobs enough to upgrade an item others would balk at. "OMG no Aegis/Gjallarhorn/etc???"

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

relics is worth it if you have everything else you need for the job, and you wanna push yourself further....... Anyway you have nothing else to spend the gils on that job right?

hell, dont get a relic when your other slot sucks, or you dont even put in a basic effort to strengthen your jobs, and just hope a omgrelic will improve you dramatically is so wrong.........be it you chose the best relic choices like apoc or amano, your still going to hell.

relic is a just weapon(or shield/horn), that will push you up to that final level you lack

I realize that his is fairly pointless due to the fact that everyone is well aware of how stupid the poster is, but in what way does having full HQ Blessed, full Marduk, full HQ Staves(for WHM, at least), or two more MPwH surpass the utility of Yagrush? Half of what you listed has no practical purpose for White Mage, and the other half is drastically situational.

I'm aware alot of the whiteboxed gear for WHM isn't really as needed, in fact the slight upgrades you get from stuff like HQ blessed really isn't much at all so you're correct. I wasn't trying to say those HQ gears surpass the utility of Yagrush, but rather I've already upgraded everything else so why not go for the last big upgrade.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aro View Post
    Relics should be the last things people get to finish their jobs. Are they worth the gil? Most of them are worth it, if your job has all the best gear already. Are claustrum/Mjoll worth it? If you love Meele whm/smn/blm then go ahead.. it's your job, your choice. Would leveling a Meele and getting a meele relic be more useful? probably. But having fun is usually more important.

Then again don't expect to do anything endgame as a meele BLM.
    exactly this. yea, work on the weapon over time, but consider it icing on the cake. you don't want to end up on the WTF gimp thread for having an amano, with a NQ hauby and NQ lvl 50 STR+ rings

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast