Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Grats! One of the best looking weapons in the game... And awesome at making things dead, too!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i'd fuck it

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So much hate man lol. You have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Grats! One of the best looking weapons in the game... And awesome at making things dead, too!
    Please don't encourage this myth about ryunohige being awesome. It's much better than normal DRG weapon in general (+40%), but it's a fairly average weapon when comparing everything in the game. The only mythic that doesn't suck is SAM. Also I did a thread in the math section that anyone can verify, and motenten spreadsheets have been done recently to double check the results.

=> An AM3 DRG is inferior to an AM3 Ukkon WAR unless you are irrational and exagerate attack buff.
    => It becomes pathetic when you start considering the lack of DPS due to building 300 TP.
    => without capped delay, don't even think about it.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He'll get right on that when you stop encouraging this myth that MNK's are awesome DD's and DRK's are terrible.

Stop being a killjoy. Nobody said that it was the outright best weapon in game or anything. And Cair has a myriad of weapons to choose from so it's not like he can't judge for himself what to use and when.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Grats Cair!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I swear, it's like some people don't know what Jumps are and that it's hard for a DRG to build 300TP in order to maintain AM3 or something. Maybe it's 'cause MNK isn't capable of it, so obviously no other job can do it easily either.

Grats on the sexy pole

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does the spreadshit takes in count jumps for DRG?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I swear, it's like some people don't know what Jumps are and that it's hard for a DRG to build 300TP in order to maintain AM3 or something. Maybe it's 'cause MNK isn't capable of it, so obviously no other job can do it easily either.

Grats on the sexy pole
    This is what blows my mind about the whole argument. I have no trouble whatsoever getting up to 300 with jumps,meditate, and in all the "math and tests" done with ryuno, it was given unfavorable buffs and gear. It's a powerful weapon, and allows drg to do very well.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Please don't encourage this myth about ryunohige being awesome. It's much better than normal DRG weapon in general (+40%), but it's a fairly average weapon when comparing everything in the game. The only mythic that doesn't suck is SAM. Also I did a thread in the math section that anyone can verify, and motenten spreadsheets have been done recently to double check the results.

=> An AM3 DRG is inferior to an AM3 Ukkon WAR unless you are irrational and exagerate attack buff.
    => It becomes pathetic when you start considering the lack of DPS due to building 300 TP.
    => without capped delay, don't even think about it.
    It IS awesome at making things dead, I repeat. It isn't the best weapon in the game, and certainly other jobs with their respective best weapons do better damage. HOWEVER, it is the best weapon a DRG can have, by a landslide, makes DRG quite competitive in endgame content, and looks fucking sexy.

Oh, and grats for the glow, btw.

Just wanted to make sure.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post

Special thanks to Sylow, Minjo and Kommisar!
    grats you handsome son of a bitch :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

With AM3 all it takes is like one Soul Jump with a lucky 3x proc to get like an instant 200+ TP. The fact that AM3's OA2-3 procs on Jumps means that its quite easy for a DRG to maintain AM3 especially now that Spirit and Soul Jump recast timers are so damned low. 50 second Jump and 75 second high jump timers. Throw in stealing 8-50% Tp from wyvern every 90 seconds(unless you refrain from WS or you give wyvern attack speed buffs i.e haste/marches with Empathy) with spirit link and of course there's meditate as well. Shit isn't hard. DRG probably is betetr at maintaining AM3 than SAM since all SAM really has is meditate(don't think SAM can 4hit with Mythic because of it's low delay).

The recast is too high to make it "worth" on zergs, you need to either waste time at start or before it's dead, so in the end you have to do like other melees and rely on embrava or build tp manually (for a comparison vs AM3 empys).

Outside of zergs well ... AM1 war is not too bad, mnk is better, and DRK or MNK relic doen't even rely on any AM (I suppose in this case even a DRK not using souleater and subbing nin is better output).

Beside it's not just a ryunohige problem, but a general problem. I strongly suggest people to check the numbers I did in the mythic demythicfication thread (math forums). You can see them as the maximum number of damage a job can do with the given buffs and setups ( JA choices ).

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"The only mythic that doesn't suck is SAM."

This made me chuckle a bit.

Something something ass must get jealous of the shit that comes outta your mouth something.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Besides meditate, what does MythicSAM have for keeping up AM3 more easily than MythicDRG during a zerg? The recast on meditate is 2min and 30sec and only gives 180ish TP whereas Jumps have 1/3 and 1/2 that recast and can give just as much TP and usually significantly more.

The mythics sam is ahead of all other weapon by a large margin, the damage calculation did not include meditate (which a minor boost anyway).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    The mythics sam is ahead of all other weapon by a large margin, the damage calculation did not include meditate (which a minor boost anyway).
    So how does a MythicSam magically start with 300 tp in a zerg without meditate to keep AM3 up?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can we just ban Pchan again?