BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo arrapago remants NM?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Solo arrapago remants NM?

i have heard somewhere that you can solo arrapago remants NM...how do you do this? you get 5 people that dc when you enter....then you get magic ja and sub from the chest and you head straight to the nm you wanna solo? and can you solo more than one NM in a run (like a qiqirn 35 morri and qiqirn 35 ares?) im really interested in trying to solo my ares 35 body just need some advice....i know it might take a while since drop suck but ho well just wanna know how

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

i did it a few times back in the day but i believe zone in + dc has been patched to bring all members in now. easiest to was qqth b/c u can dmg+dot and lose hate easily. supposedly it was possible to do every nm in 1 run (seems impossible to me w/out skipping something). qqa would always get messy for me and flayer would always take forever. never tried chariot.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I force d/c'd like 3 days ago. It hasnt' been patched.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There was a helpful old thread on this. I can't find it again though because the link to it was posted in a strategy compilation thread that seems to have been deleted.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is this the one you're referring to?
    Controlling Qiqirn Astrologers Movement

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know the one you're thinking of, but it looks like it got deleted. There are some good strategies on these ones though:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/56838-qqth-solo.html
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/61711...-question.html

Forced dc still works, you can solo qqa, qqth, bhoot, flayer (afaik), chariot in Arrapago. And Hammerblow in SSR, those are the ones I have done myself or have heard of people doing, I'm sure there are more that are possible.

Started making a solo salvage guide at one point but only finished the Hammerblow section due to getting needed drops from main group, should really finish it at some point.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/66351...ammerblow.html

The bhoot is relatively easy, as rdm/nin. Starting chest is enough, though you might want to bring a sword and kill a few lamiae for max MP (you are looking at 3+ minutes per lamia). Farming anything else is almost pointless really. Go straight to 4F and do gravity>poison2>bio2/3 repeat. It loses aggro really easily.

I've solo'd the other NM's in the zone but not flayer or bhoot, where do you run them to deaggro... what is your pathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholette View Post
    I've solo'd the other NM's in the zone but not flayer or bhoot, where do you run them to deaggro... what is your pathing?
    Gravity sticks so you don't need to run too far (for bhoot); I run in the QQTH's room if needed, poping invisible before entering. If you aggro it it's over. You can also deaggro it in the bhoot room after poping sneak.

Never done the flayer but I doubt it's possible to kill it with just bio(3). Gravity is landing too though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've been very interested in the solo/duo aspects of Arrapago Remnants for a while now, but have never actually given it a shot so please forgive me in advance for any overly simplistic questions. Recently I've decided to give it a try duo with myself as BLM and a LS mate as RDM. However, before we really dive into it I've got a few questions concerning strategy and time constraints.

1. Firstly our main focus will be to go after QQTH and Archaic Chariot. Is it actually possible to hit up 3rd and 4th floor QQTH and still have time for Chariot? If there is only time to hit up one of the QQTH and still manage to do Chariot should it be 3rd or 4th floor?

2. I've read all of the other threads concerning how to solo/duo the QQTH. However, I have not seen any real discussion about how to handle Chariot. Is anyone able to provide examples of how to path it as well as a general strat to take it down? Also, is movement speed required to do Chariot?

3. Finally, seeing as I've never attempted a solo/duo run I'm not really aware of what the minimum amount of cells required to do what I'm hoping to attempt would be as well as how much time we can safely spend farming cells. So if someone with prior experience duoing these NM's could clear that up it would be very much appreciated.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

1. It depends on how long you take. 3F could~ be faster, but also depends on your strategy. Are you going to bounce it back and forth with 1 person at each end? or keep it in the spawn room, kiting/using the fake-door-wall trick when it runs.

2. Movement speed probably isn't 100% necessary, but it'll increase your success rate dramatically. The solo strat is to pull it into the portal room connected to that big room where the chariot lies. It won't link to the rampart in the way. Kite it around the pillars, whether the big ones, or the ones around the portal, not sure. With +speed, you can easily deaggro it, allowing for a nuke, or reapplying dot. HOWEVER, in a duo situation, unless both of you have +speed, I really don't know how you'll manage pulling it off. The reason solo works is because you can deaggro it. If 2 people have hate on it, both have to deaggro separately. Unless your strat is to just bounce hate, idk.

3. For solo/duo of the QQth, all that's required is 2 magic cells. MP/HP would be nice, but you don't want to spend forever on 1F.

I'd recommend just bringing a monk. If the blm can come brd, you could trio each of the nms rather easily. You can probably trio the chariot as rdm blm mnk, but never tried '-'