+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anamanagucci View Post
    It is? Shit, I thought it might have took place after the events of that movie. What is it they exactly intend to do with this then?
    True-to-manga adaptation rather than making shit up that involve nazis

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfell View Post
    Spoiler: show
    So does Scar die in the manga as well?
    Scar hasn't died yet, he's actually an ally now

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    True-to-manga adaptation rather than making shit up that involve nazis

Scar hasn't died yet, he's actually an ally now
    Hm I never read the manga so this should be very interesting. A good friend of mine has told me the manga puts the original released anime series to shame.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Anamanagucci View Post
    Hm I never read the manga so this should be very interesting. A good friend of mine has told me the manga puts the original released anime series to shame.
    If you want to think of it that way I guess. I think the only reason the original Anime went down the path that it did is because it had caught up to the Manga storywise and didn't want to go the filler route (Hi2uNaruto..istillluvuthough)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I had no idea they were releasing another FMA, I loved the first one.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Major spoilers in the spoiler tag are hidden by a spoiler tag... a spoiler within a spoiler.

Yes, pretty much in the manga and the anime had somewhat similar things happen, up until the part where Ed meets Greed, that's where the anime takes a path far away from the Manga. One of the key differences though between Anime and manga is the creation/depiction of the Homonculous.

Anime - Created by failed human transmutations; can paralyze them / kill them with the aid of a piece of their former body (Bones, hair, etc)

Manga - Created by Father, each an extension of his seven deadly sins, all born with a philosophers stone within their body. They can die, but the philosophers stone brings them back to life which drains its power slightly. If I remember correctly, the only way to kill them, is to "kill" them enough times where the Philosophers stone is drained of all of its power. An example of this:

Major Spoiler

Mustang Kills Lust by repeatedly torching her body to a crisp burning out the philosophers stone's power

Also, when one Homonculous dies, Father can create another one to take it's place
    Example...

Greed in the manga is disposed of by Father for his disobedience, and a new Greed is created from one of the characters introduced midway thru the manga.

In all the anime is pretty awesome, but the manga is pretty intense and much more in depth.

actually,
    didn't Marcoh manage to 'kill' envy in the manga? She was turned into a v small shrimp(or w/e it is) but she managed to turn back into her original form when the Xing girl (forgot the name) was tricked by her.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    That or it wasn't really meant to be a secret after all, and are just going to show us and what not. That's fine imo. He needed more screen time. Also, don't forget Kimblee. He wasn't around this early on in FMAv1 I don't believe and here he is actually getting shown in prison.
    He was shown in prison once. In the manga, when the 5th research lab was crumbling, the whole prison felt the quake and kimblee said,

"Ah, the sound of a building collapsing from the use of an explosive"
    "Yes, such a pleasant sound"
    "a very pleasant sound that resonates throughout the depths of the body"

Its from chapter 13 - Steel Body. Page 26

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

btw, is it just me, or it seems that characters in the manga have more 'heart'? they tend to be more compassionate. Look, even the baddies like Envy even worked together with Ed and Ling to escape the fake door of truth

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSnarl View Post
    btw, is it just me, or it seems that characters in the manga have more 'heart'? they tend to be more compassionate. Look, even the baddies like Envy even worked together with Ed and Ling to escape the fake door of truth
    Compassionate? More like working on common interest...

Envy was about to kill Ed right before Ed figured out the possibility to get out of the fake door.

Ridill
    BG Level

so yeah, i'm caught up in the manga, but you do know your posting in a thread for the anime series that just started and maybe people who havnt read the manga are watching it and posting in this thread, so how about using spoilers for once. I dont think ive ever seen you use them>.>
    also @ hollowsnarf too. yes i know i spelled your name wrong and i dont care. use the edit button

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

is FMA on onemanga?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    is FMA on onemanga?
    the original manga yes.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/1/00/
    and ooo new chapter is out.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hooray. I know what i'm doing this weekend

Black Belt
    BG Level

Holy shit at chapter 94...

Mustang is too fucking overpowered...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Holy shit at chapter 94...

Mustang is too fucking overpowered...
    But an overpowered Mustang is badass. I have a feeling he's going to face some consequences with Hawkeye though. The whole "shoot me in the back of the head" thing seems like its coming to fruition.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    But an overpowered Mustang is badass. I have a feeling he's going to face some consequences with Hawkeye though. The whole "shoot me in the back of the head" thing seems like its coming to fruition.
    Well, Ed is about to slap some sense into him anyway, so it shouldn't end too badly...

Also, I find it quite ironic that Mustang's troops went through all that trouble on not getting any casualties on either side, when Armstrong's Briggs troops are just slitting throat like there is a contest for it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, Ed is about to slap some sense into him anyway, so it shouldn't end too badly...

Also, I find it quite ironic that Mustang's troops went through all that trouble on not getting any casualties on either side, when Armstrong's Briggs troops are just slitting throat like there is a contest for it.
    But there IS a contest for it. And they are winning.

GODDAMN MUSTANG BROUGHT DOWN THE THUNDER
    or should i say fire

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSnarl View Post
    actually,
    didn't Marcoh manage to 'kill' envy in the manga? She was turned into a v small shrimp(or w/e it is) but she managed to turn back into her original form when the Xing girl (forgot the name) was tricked by her.
    Well

The shrimp thing is Envy's true form oddly enough. He does get his form back though eventually. The latest chapter Mustang pretty much owned him and now he's back to that shrimp form again

And about Honenhiem..

I don't remember the exact chapter, I want to say somewhere around 70-80, it actually gives the backstory to where he came from. He was actually a slave with no name. He went by a number, i think 22 or 23. There was some type of research lab where the king was doing experiements and there was a homonculous in a jar. It couldn't leave the jar because it would die, and I believe that it was Honenheims blood that helped create/stabilize the homonculous in some previous experiment. The Homonculous in the jar will later become "Father", and is the one that gives Honenhiem his name. "Father" teaches Honenheim how to read/write and about alchemy. One day the king calls upon Father and asks him to teach him about immortality and how to achieve it. Father tells him to dig trenches around the city in a certain pattern and the king has his slaves do so. What the king didn't know was that he was making a gigantic transmutation circle. When it was done, Father told him to stand in a certain spot with Honenheim holding Father in a flask in the center of a circle, and they began. There was a huge flash of light and pretty much everyone died except Father and Honenheim. At this point, the transmutation makes Honenheim and Father(i can't remember if they say Father as well) into living Philosopher stones. Father ends up borrowing Honenheims image and looks just like him. Everyone in the city, including the king, and all of Honenheims slave friends died for the sacrafice to make Father who he is today. So basically, Father tricked the king and everyone else including Honenheim. He spares Honenheims life though for some reason I cannot remember

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Well

The shrimp thing is Envy's true form oddly enough. He does get his form back though eventually. The latest chapter Mustang pretty much owned him and now he's back to that shrimp form again

And about Honenhiem..

I don't remember the exact chapter, I want to say somewhere around 70-80, it actually gives the backstory to where he came from. He was actually a slave with no name. He went by a number, i think 22 or 23. There was some type of research lab where the king was doing experiements and there was a homonculous in a jar. It couldn't leave the jar because it would die, and I believe that it was Honenheims blood that helped create/stabilize the homonculous in some previous experiment. The Homonculous in the jar will later become "Father", and is the one that gives Honenhiem his name. "Father" teaches Honenheim how to read/write and about alchemy. One day the king calls upon Father and asks him to teach him about immortality and how to achieve it. Father tells him to dig trenches around the city in a certain pattern and the king has his slaves do so. What the king didn't know was that he was making a gigantic transmutation circle. When it was done, Father told him to stand in a certain spot with Honenheim holding Father in a flask in the center of a circle, and they began. There was a huge flash of light and pretty much everyone died except Father and Honenheim. At this point, the transmutation makes Honenheim and Father(i can't remember if they say Father as well) into living Philosopher stones. Father ends up borrowing Honenheims image and looks just like him. Everyone in the city, including the king, and all of Honenheims slave friends died for the sacrafice to make Father who he is today. So basically, Father tricked the king and everyone else including Honenheim. He spares Honenheims life though for some reason I cannot remember
    He spares honenheim because it was Honenheim's blood that created him, and as a gesture of gratitude, he gave him half of the soul's worth of philosoper stone power, while he take the other half.

Afterward, The homunculus would go from the ruin of Xerxes to eventually found ametris and its alchemy, while Honenheim goes to Xing and develop the Rentanjutsu.

and now theyre gonna fucking rock the world head on 1v1 while ed and al are doing misc random shit, and without a doubt hohemheim is gonna die and ed will revenge his ass with a philostone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast