Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From what it looks like, they just took care of most of the Elric Bros. back story in one episode. IIRC in the manga, it was revealed over the course of a few chapters, but just a panel here or there. The way they did it here was probably better all in one. Next episode seems to start in Lior for the main story.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just watched episode 2, and they seem to be moving along very quickly, at least through early events in the story. I have no problem with that, especially since the first series covered it all directly from the manga for a while anyways. Definitely a good episode.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, looking at this episode, theyre going to more than likely blow through the next few more episodes till it gets to the more important story. and they actually do it without skipping anything.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

FMA is one of the rare show where everything is perfect. The music is great, the animation is great, the characters and story are great.... I don't have a single complain to make about last episode, even if I try to nitpick it.

It's definitively going to be my favorite anime this year.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I read chapters 1-94 during the past weekend, all like 4000 pages heh. It's a very good story and I wish I would have picked it up way earlier, but for some dumb reason I shied away from it.

It does seem like it may/should end in 4-6 chapters. Has there been an official announcement of the manga ending?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    I read chapters 1-94 during the past weekend, all like 4000 pages heh. It's a very good story and I wish I would have picked it up way earlier, but for some dumb reason I shied away from it.

It does seem like it may/should end in 4-6 chapters. Has there been an official announcement of the manga ending?
    Haha, I did the same exact thing. I was sick all weekend, so I figured to catch up completely. There's some really epic stuff that's gonna happen. To see it animated is gonna be great.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They are doing a good job rebooting it, I didn't see it in Japanese originally nor do I read the manga (yet). My exposure to original FMA was half paying attention to it on Cartoon Network in the background, but through the first two episodes of the reboot I still understand what's going on well enough.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    FMA is one of the rare show where everything is perfect. The music is great, the animation is great, the characters and story are great....

I know someone who thinks the complete opposite, and I'm like how can you NOT like FMA, its one of the few shows where they don't drag shit out forever

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

loving this version.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, it continues to be good. Although from what it looks like, the next episode goes straight to Shou Tuckers place, and they don't do the whole mining town thing, unless they just briefly do it? Cause that introduces the corrupt Alchemist (forget his name) that ends up appearing a lot later on with Scar and them. Unless they do it in a different order, which wouldn't matter either.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

FFF I can't believe they are actually going to remake the Tucker episode.. that shit is going to be too sad. Good ep overall but I hope they don't continue to show too much that was already on the anime series.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    I know someone who thinks the complete opposite, and I'm like how can you NOT like FMA, its one of the few shows where they don't drag shit out forever
    That guy just want to hate it because it's popular, or never gave the show a chance.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

btw I know this isnt really the place but I made this 5 years back (bear in mind I have ZERO video editing skills and used windows movie maker) and was wondering if it was decent for a half-assed novice attempt. contains big spoilers for the first anime.

YouTube - FMA-Realign
    edit: I also recommend this video (obviously not mine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKD0GmMEcyk

Ridill
    BG Level

looks like they skipped the train hijacking episode in favor of that ice alchemist guy. and yeah, nothing muh of importance happened in the coal mine town chapter except for
    that french lookin guy's 1st appearance.

Did anyone else prefer the original FMA episode compared to this one?(Episode 3 for clarification) Maybe it was just me.. Something was missing from Rose but I can't put my finger on it.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well Rose's hair was a darker pink and had a darker skin tone in the first episode. That and she had more importance I guess you can say since she was in two episodes, but I actually preferred this version. I wanted them to get in and out of Lior right quick like to move on. D: Next episode though = T_T

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I liked the older version of this ep better with the

Spoiler: show
    creepy bird chimara imitating rose's dead boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Well Rose's hair was a darker pink and had a darker skin tone in the first episode. That and she had more importance I guess you can say since she was in two episodes, but I actually preferred this version. I wanted them to get in and out of Lior right quick like to move on. D: Next episode though = T_T
    Yeah I remember her hair was more pink. The whole show felt more darker also but I don't mind them skipping to get to the good part as you say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast