+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    Yeah I remember her hair was more pink. The whole show felt more darker also but I don't mind them skipping to get to the good part as you say.
    I miss the darkness more than anything else in that show. Some parts were genuinely creepy... you probably know which I'm referring to, without too much detail. It's still good, but it's missing a little something that the original had.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm glad they chose to do Lior in one episode instead of drawing it out since so many people have seen the original, but at the same time I prefer the original. Everything seemed to happen way too fast in this one, but I suppose if they had done something similar to the original series, we'd complaining that we'd already seen all of it.

Ridill
    BG Level

this series definately seems to have a lighter tone for the most part. I dont know if theyre skipping certain parts because they werent essential, and they just assume people have seen the 1st series, or their doing it for a younger audience.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

How is this appealing to a younger audience? The scene where they try to transmute their mother was a lot harder to watch than the anime, and the way they showed how they lost their limbs was pretty crazy too. If you are talking about the way they talk then I still don't really see it.. seems to be done in a "ok let's wrap it up" sorta style.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Well, rose isn't gonna get raped in this version of the series...so I guess it's kinda lighter...

Spoiler: show
    Though all those people getting killed for philosopher stone in Xerxes, detailed flashback of the Ishbalan Massacre, all those dismemberment/vivisecting/igniting of Homunculuses that are to come later is bound to give the first series a run for its money in term of darkness

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    anyone mind uploading it to that zomgupload.com site that was used in the original post? i can't download from megaupload at school :[
    Free Anime Downloads | Direct Download Anime Episodes

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I really enjoyed this episode compared to the two from the last series, I thought it was done better overall and didn't drag it out. I love how dark this anime can get at times, and how quickly it will go from serious to completely hilarious. The scene where Ed randomly yelled "Strike!" had me laughing really hard lol.

Depending on how fast they go through next week's episode, I have a feeling it might be really sad. =( That was one of the sadder moments in the last season.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Anyway, finished watching episode 3

For something running on the platform of being true to the adaptation of the original manga, it sure as hell is doing worse on it than the first anime series at this point...

I just love how they basically changed everything about the circumstances and the situation from the manga

Also, there is that whole part where the Giant Leto statue that is conveniently missing getting a cameo/being the point of interest when Honenheim visits Lior much later in the series, but at this point, I'm beginning to have doubt it'd even get there without some bullshit change to make it stray from the manga once again, but I digress

Also, seem like the quality has really dropped on something, either that they opt to use that kind of background for the rest of the series, in either case, it's done little beyond lowering my overall expectations.

With next episode being the BAWWWW NINA episode, I wonder if I should just drop the series and pick it up at a later date, preferably where it stopped sucking or something.

PS: fuck gluttony's new voice, somehow this pisses me off more than any other seiyuu voice change for some reason :/

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode compared to the two from the last series, I thought it was done better overall and didn't drag it out. I love how dark this anime can get at times, and how quickly it will go from serious to completely hilarious. The scene where Ed randomly yelled "Strike!" had me laughing really hard lol.

Depending on how fast they go through next week's episode, I have a feeling it might be really sad. =( That was one of the sadder moments in the last season.
    Yeah I remember the part where Cornello was like "Shoot him!" and Al says he's not the Fullmetal and both him and Rose go like "What?!", haha.

I just hope they make the episode with Nina really fucked up like in the original. At the same time I also hated that episode cause it was so sad seeing Nina like that. : (

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I'm glad they chose to do Lior in one episode instead of drawing it out since so many people have seen the original, but at the same time I prefer the original. Everything seemed to happen way too fast in this one, but I suppose if they had done something similar to the original series, we'd complaining that we'd already seen all of it.
    Things actually moved pretty quickly in the Manga if I remember correctly.
    Sequence:

Lior
    Tucker/Nina
    First battle with Scar (Where Ed gets his automail damaged)
    Lab 5
    Hughes's Death
    Flashback to Training with Izumi
    Appearance of Greed

If things keep going at the current pace, we will probably see Hughes's death somewhere around episode 7/8. I think that they will probably get to the fight between Greed/Ed around episode 12ish which is great because the manga seemed to take off and things really start to develop at that point.

I am not sure how many episodes are on order, but if it is the normal 51/52 that Animes usually have, it makes sense to try to get thru to the Greed Fight as quickly as possible while still making the story seem relevant, since it is at that point that the original anime and the manga really went in two total different directions. There is just so much content to cover after that point...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The first series started with Lior, and they had to make it good to catch people's attention (quality dropped a lot after). This time, they are rushing through it to get to the new content as fast as they can. I'm sure this is why some people felt the old one was better.

I personally enjoyed the last episode. The dialogue between Edward, Al and Rose were nice, and the pacing was right. It doesn't feel like they are rushing through it, even if they are,

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They are rushing through the manga chapters already covered in the first series, I assume it will slow down once we get to new stuff and have a nice 100 episode show.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I don't know if it's really rushing if they're covering 1 chapter per episode and there is still about 20 to go before it actually pick up to where the original series diverge.

Looks like they're skipping the train episode though, so I guess they might just start skipping unimportant chapters.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So far I'm liking it, if only because its a different take.

I realize that its going to take a bit to get to the 'new' things, and not just rehash the old episodes. However, at least the episodes so far have been quick paced, condensing the 2 from LIor to 1. They showed Lior as not in the desert, which was new.

Also, I'm glad I never watched it in Japanese so I dont have to be freaked out by the different voices.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just realized the title for the next episode is pretty much the same as Chapter 5 in the manga.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    So far I'm liking it, if only because its a different take.

I realize that its going to take a bit to get to the 'new' things, and not just rehash the old episodes. However, at least the episodes so far have been quick paced, condensing the 2 from LIor to 1. They showed Lior as not in the desert, which was new.

Also, I'm glad I never watched it in Japanese so I dont have to be freaked out by the different voices.
    Almost every characters use the same voice actor. The only one who changed (that I noticed) are Mustang and Glutony. I kinda miss Mustang old voice, but I will get over it.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Uh... nope. You are incorrect. There's been quite a few voice changes. Riza, Winry, Kimblee, Lust, Havoc, Scar, etc. There's been quite a few changes. Ed, Al, Bradley and Armstrong are among the notable returning cast.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Some of the changes are good though, like Kikuko Inoue as Lust. Evil Beldandy <3

Wonder what's up with Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy in Black Lagoon, old Winry), she dropped out of Valkyria Chronicles and FMA this season. She's one of my favs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So this is just a remake of the original? Sorry... thought it was a new FMA series but from everyone's comments it's just a remake?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They are quickly going over what the old series covered in the manga, then new episodes will pick up where the old series left off manga wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast