BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias View Post
    Bradley's last line in this episode is crazy awesome "foreshadowing," as long as you've read all of the manga.
    Yeah. I laughed.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

in the manga does
    Spoiler: show
    Hughes die?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    in the manga does
    Hughes die?
    Yep

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

in the manga does
    Hughes die?
    Major spoilers in the spoiler tag are hidden by a spoiler tag... a spoiler within a spoiler.

Yes, pretty much in the manga and the anime had somewhat similar things happen, up until the part where Ed meets Greed, that's where the anime takes a path far away from the Manga. One of the key differences though between Anime and manga is the creation/depiction of the Homonculous.

Anime - Created by failed human transmutations; can paralyze them / kill them with the aid of a piece of their former body (Bones, hair, etc)

Manga - Created by Father, each an extension of his seven deadly sins, all born with a philosophers stone within their body. They can die, but the philosophers stone brings them back to life which drains its power slightly. If I remember correctly, the only way to kill them, is to "kill" them enough times where the Philosophers stone is drained of all of its power. An example of this:

Major Spoiler

Mustang Kills Lust by repeatedly torching her body to a crisp burning out the philosophers stone's power

Also, when one Homonculous dies, Father can create another one to take it's place
    Example...

Greed in the manga is disposed of by Father for his disobedience, and a new Greed is created from one of the characters introduced midway thru the manga.

In all the anime is pretty awesome, but the manga is pretty intense and much more in depth.

Black Belt
    BG Level

in the manga does
    Hughes die?
    Yes, but the manga also has this

And yeah, that foreshadowing from the fuhrer is pretty lol

That or it wasn't really meant to be a secret after all, and are just going to show us and what not. That's fine imo. He needed more screen time. Also, don't forget Kimblee. He wasn't around this early on in FMAv1 I don't believe and here he is actually getting shown in prison.
    He was part of the prisoners that envy and lust tried to force ed into turning to philosopher stone on the research lab 5 or wherever he had to fight the living armor. He wasn't in the solitary cell like the one in the manga/new series.

That or it wasn't really meant to be a secret after all, and are just going to show us and what not. That's fine imo. He needed more screen time. Also, don't forget Kimblee. He wasn't around this early on in FMAv1 I don't believe and here he is actually getting shown in prison.
    He doesn't get much screentime until later though, so unless they start skipping, people who doesn't read the manga are gonna be left in the dark on his significance.

But like I said earlier, young honenheim in the op is a pretty nice touch, just wish the xingese would show up somewhere because they popped up a lot sooner than young honenheim flashback >_>

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Awesome man, thanks for posting links!

no problem, like i said, i'll try to post the megaupload links if i can.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed they couldn't get Roy's old VA back.

Ah well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It's definitely more noticeable since 00 just ended.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Thank you for posting this. loved the anime series and wasn't aware a retelling had been in the works.

I never read the magna so it is interesting to see where the twp stories diverge, more info please! (Spoiler tags of course so someone doesn't get their panties in a twist)

Edit: Sorry to hear they don't have the same VA for Roy.

Black Belt
    BG Level

After the raid in the greed's hideout by bradley, the manga had him captured and reabsorbed by "Father" (the guy that looks just like honenheim that shows up for like 2 second scene in the first episode in the new series), afterward ed went back to Rush Valley to get his automail fixed from the greed fight, and encountered Ling and his bodyguards and started the Xing arc and it's a pretty long story from there

Put it this way, the divergence start to show up greatly after hughes dies in chapter like...teenish, right now the manga is closing in the 100th chapter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    After the raid in the greed's hideout by bradley, the manga had him captured and reabsorbed by "Father" (the guy that looks just like honenheim that shows up for like 2 second scene in the first episode in the new series), afterward ed went back to Rush Valley to get his automail fixed from the greed fight, and encountered Ling and his bodyguards and started the Xing arc and it's a pretty long story from there

Put it this way, the divergence start to show up greatly after hughes dies in chapter like...teenish, right now the manga is closing in the 100th chapter
    That almost makes it sound like Honenhiem is evil

Hope I did those tags right, oh and thanks for the extra infos.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    After the raid in the greed's hideout by bradley, the manga had him captured and reabsorbed by "Father"
    would "reabsorb" be the right word to use? Father just killed him.
    which reminds me... before Gluttony died and ruined it...
    the punishment in hell for the sin greed is to be put in a cauldron of boiling oil.
    the punishment for lust is to be smothered in fire and brimstone.
    sound familiar? dundundunnnnn
    though the sin for gluttony is forced to eat toads rats and snakes. guess that'd be a pretty lame way to kill someone.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    would "reabsorb" be the right word to use? Father just killed him.
    which reminds me... before Gluttony died and ruined it...
    the punishment in hell for the sin greed is to be put in a cauldron of boiling oil.
    the punishment for lust is to be smothered in fire and brimstone.
    sound familiar? dundundunnnnn
    though the sin for gluttony is forced to eat toads rats and snakes. guess that'd be a pretty lame way to kill someone.
    didn't really "kill" that greed, since his memory eventually resurfaced on Ling-Greed when he killed the lizard chimera guy.

Gluttony didn't really die, he's just combined with Pride now.

Honenheim isn't evil, he just have an evil twin!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I couldn't watch that HD stuff (weak computer 1GB Ram /cry) so I got the Takafansubs Torrent.

and damn I missed FMA, I was kinda sad to see the first one end like that. and I'm not use to the voices, did the old version sound like that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So does Scar die in the manga as well?

Just finished watching it, and really enjoyed it, glad to see Hughes again.

Not caring for the new VA for Roy, he comes off as somewhat of a girly-man.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Is it recommended to read the manga before watching this, if I've never watched the first anime version?

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I wouldnt think so as it just retells the story exactly as the manga does?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    Is it recommended to read the manga before watching this, if I've never watched the first anime version?
    No, you don't need to read the manga. And viewing v1 is not required, as this is starting from the beginning.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It is? Shit, I thought it might have took place after the events of that movie. What is it they exactly intend to do with this then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast