Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just an FYI for people who rushed through reading their FAQ. They do provide some limited replacements:

Q-Does the security token have a warranty?

A-We will replace your security token free of charge if its battery runs out within 3 months, but for any other reason, you will need to purchase a new security token.
    For details regarding purchasing another security token, please contact the Information Center.

Q-Will you replace faulty or malfunctioning tokens?

A-We will replace any tokens broken within 7 days of shipping free of charge, but for any other reason, you will need to purchase a new security token. In such a situation, please contact the Information Center.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

&#($&)~&$#) I couldn't link my account (said account was already in use, like others have said), so I gave up and was going to just log in, but now it's saying my password is wrong. So I tried to enter it by hand, but the only option seems to be to use the on-screen keyboard, which doesn't let you use punctuation (why is it greyed out?).

(R*&)~!&)~!@&)R

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aapr25179 View Post
    It says link settings on the lower left side of your account page.
    Thanks

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

A-We will replace any tokens broken within 7 days of shipping free of charge, but for any other reason, you will need to purchase a new security token. In such a situation, please contact the Information Center.
    so...wait 2 weeks for token...doesn't work..."We're sorry over 7 days have passed. Please purchase a new one via POL."

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetatheprince View Post
    so...wait 2 weeks for token...doesn't work..."We're sorry over 7 days have passed. Please purchase a new one via POL."
    People seem to miss the UP TO 2 weeks part and really what are the chances of it breaking? These things are pretty durable unless you purposely try to break it or see if it'll blend.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

So any guesses whether we'll get satchel tomorrow if we're all registered/paid or have to wait until we verify the token?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    How the hell are you confused...? Where did they say it will last only months or whatever? It's common knowledge these lasts at least 3+ years unless you abuse it for whatever reason.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/72841...ml#post2621918

And please, this is SE we're talking about, can't expect a reasonable solution right out of the gate

Only once it proves itself to be one will I be satisfied

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    So any guesses whether we'll get satchel tomorrow if we're all registered/paid or have to wait until we verify the token?
    As far as I understand, you have to link your accounts and it seems you can't properly till you get the Token since you need the one-time password.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I had no problems linking my account...I'm rather surprised that other people are since the process was pretty easy.

Dice and rum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I must be doing something wrong. When trying to do the Add Member step in the POL Viewer, you should add your POL ID into the PlayOnline ID field, yes? The ID you've been using since you started playing FFXI?

Why is it giving me a "that ID is already in use!" error? It IS in use, since I've been using it all along... but isn't that what we're supposed to be using?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. When trying to do the Add Member step in the POL Viewer, you should add your POL ID into the PlayOnline ID field, yes? The ID you've been using since you started playing FFXI?

Why is it giving me a "that ID is already in use!" error? It IS in use, since I've been using it all along... but isn't that what we're supposed to be using?
    Try adding your SEA information to the existing member, second to last section in the setup. You don't need to create a new member.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    This is a stupid question I'm sure, but you guys keep referencing the POL site where you link your POL ID. I created my new squareenix online ID but can't figure out where you're all linking POL ID. Is it somewhere on https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app? Or somewhere on FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site
    http://i43.tinypic.com/33wxqgx.jpg

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Here's to UPS or FedEx figuring out that 111-111 isn't my real postal code

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post

You don't need to add a member to PlayOnline. Link your ID to your SEA on the website (under Link Settings) and then edit your PlayOnline ID settings and include the name of your SE account.

It's fairly simple, no idea why people are having issues.

Tharen

The email that SE sends you, what does it say?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thistle, maybe you're having that issue because the name/ID you're trying to use is already in the Member List. You can add the SEA information to a profile that is already in the Member List after you enter your password, but before you completely log in. On the left there should be a button called "settings" or maybe it's "edit". Not 100% sure on the exact name. On the bottom you should be able to enter your SEA username and leave "do not use" on the one-time password field. (This is all on POL, btw)

Dice and rum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Try adding your SEA information to the existing member, second to last section in the setup. You don't need to create a new member.
    "Add Member" screen in POL, right? There are three sections: Enter your name/POL ID, password, SE account name.

I've tried it with just my SE name and leave the other two blank, but it prompts me to add a POL ID.

"Add Member" is the title in the screenshots on the SE walk-through, is that not the correct section to be using? I don't see any way to edit an existing member...

Edit: Ah, it's not. One screen forward of that in the login process is where you can change it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You're in the right place, but the problem is you don't need to add a new member, just add the information to the member you already have created. When you log in to the game, you already have your information in POL, right? So just edit that information and add the SEA information to it.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Wait so I'm confused, do they expect the battery life to be 3 months or is it just a prevention against defects? These should last years right?
    We use these at work for everything lol. I hadn't changed mine yet and its been what? 8 years?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    People seem to miss the UP TO 2 weeks part and really what are the chances of it breaking? These things are pretty durable unless you purposely try to break it or see if it'll blend.
    Nah, I expect to get it much sooner. It's just the concept that they guarantee a non-broken token for a shorter time than it could possibly take to get it. Not a SE basher, just enjoying the irony.