Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

so... i registered my token, and when i try log onto my char it says my password is wrong? (the old one, pre token) i've set token to "don't use" and it's still not working.... any ideas?

my password is definately right.

bah turns out if you leave in your SE account name, and set 1time password to "Do not use" that is gonna lock you out, deleting all the token related info allowed allowed me back in

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

nvm

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ok, I am tryng to set up a token here and when I put in the POL ID/Password, it says this account cannot be linked. Anyone know what my problem is here?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Most likely you're on the wrong community site for your account.

EU community for US acc.
    US community for EU acc
    JP community for US acc. etc...

Happen to me when I tried to register my US account on the french community site.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Would I have to call POL then to see if they can fix it? Token already paid for and activated to that particular SE account

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I just looked at my card statement and noticed that for April and May, I was charged 27.94 for FFXI (my usual fee is 17.95). A 9.99 increase for two months running? Is it the case that the 9.99 is a monthly fee for using the token, and not a one-time fee for ordering it?

Cele

Hi all,

I just got my Token, activate it and log-on without problems, and got Satchel in both ID's linked and his mules. Everything ok.

Then I cancel the Token, and the SE account. Trying to log-on again (deleting all SE ID and Token to not-use in "settings"), got a error which says my password and/or ID is wrong, so I can't log-on now in both ID's.

Anyone know what's the problem? ; ;

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cele View Post
    cancel the SE account.
    Here's your problem. You can cancel the token, but you can't cancel the SE account.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

dumb question still waiting on my token tho but yeah

After i register my token and log on FF with onetimepassword.

if i forget my Token somewhere, can i still log with only SE password if i put Onetimepassword as no?

Or the only way to accept one time password as no is to deactivate the token?

I say that cuz i will put my token on the keychain and my dad usually take my keys so

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    dumb question still waiting on my token tho but yeah

After i register my token and log on FF with onetimepassword.

if i forget my Token somewhere, can i still log with only SE password if i put Onetimepassword as no?

Or the only way to accept one time password as no is to deactivate the token?

I say that cuz i will put my token on the keychain and my dad usually take my keys so
    If an RMT can just set "don't use one-time password", that would defeat the purpose of the Token wouldn't it? Once you link it, you have to use it unless you remove it. Once you remove it, it's dead.

As for that other guy who unlinked/deactivated his SE account...you've been told countless times throughout this thread and the other SE token thread specifically NOT to do that shit. You have to call SE now and restore your account, as you've effectively deleted it.

Cele

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Here's your problem. You can cancel the token, but you can't cancel the SE account.
    Yeah lol... and I almost fucked both acounts linked.

After contact support by chat, and telling all my information of the PlayOnline (Name, last name, game code (I got like 8 original box, I forgot was the good one lol), credit card, telephone number, name of all my characters, e-mail, adress...) they reactivate the SE acount, and both PO ID linked.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr View Post
    I just looked at my card statement and noticed that for April and May, I was charged 27.94 for FFXI (my usual fee is 17.95). A 9.99 increase for two months running? Is it the case that the 9.99 is a monthly fee for using the token, and not a one-time fee for ordering it?
    Scratch this, I just got off the phone with SE. One $9.99 was for the token, and the other was for ACP. I'm an idiot! :D

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Would I have to call POL then to see if they can fix it? Token already paid for and activated to that particular SE account
    Why would you link the token before linking the POL ID? If linking a POL ID resulted in an error, you'd still have the token unlinked to try again. Once you unlink that token, it's not usable ever again and you have to buy a new token. This guide, and the FAQ on the official site explain all the gotchas you have to worry about.

How do people not understand these?:

1) Linking to an SE ID is PERMANENT. You cannot undo it. Getting rid of the ID deletes all POL ID linked to it.

1a) this should be implied and easily understood from 1), but one you've linked even just to get the satchel, you can never go back to using a saved login and only using your POL ID to log in. You will always be typing the SE ID password in to log in, forever.

2) SE IDs and POL IDs have to be from matching regions. Registration codes have been the same way, you guys should have expected this.

3) The token is garbage once it has been unlinked. You can't relink it, and have to buy a new one if you want the security later. This is the way it is if you unlink yourself via the web page. Manual unlink requires the token to generate a valid one-time-password.

3a) If you call SE's support center and have them unlink it, they can relink it for you, but only to the same SE ID as it was unlinked from. This is in case you lose it or the battery dies on you, or any other situation in which you can't get a valid one-time-password from it.

4) The One Time Password (Use/Do not use) setting only tells POL Viewer if you have a token linked to the account or not. Setting the wrong setting on it for your situation will only result in an Invalid Password error. You cannot set it to "Do not use" if you have an active token and just don't want to use it for that login. It's just because the program can't detect if it needs the token password or not until it logs in, and is not programmed to allow you to proceed if a field is left blank.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Why would you link the token before linking the POL ID? If linking a POL ID resulted in an error, you'd still have the token unlinked to try again. Once you unlink that token, it's not usable ever again and you have to buy a new token. This guide, and the FAQ on the official site explain all the gotchas you have to worry about.

How do people not understand these?:

1) Linking to an SE ID is PERMANENT. You cannot undo it. Getting rid of the ID deletes all POL ID linked to it.

1a) this should be implied and easily understood from 1), but one you've linked even just to get the satchel, you can never go back to using a saved login and only using your POL ID to log in. You will always be typing the SE ID password in to log in, forever.

2) SE IDs and POL IDs have to be from matching regions. Registration codes have been the same way, you guys should have expected this.

3) The token is garbage once it has been unlinked. You can't relink it, and have to buy a new one if you want the security later. This is the way it is if you unlink yourself via the web page. Manual unlink requires the token to generate a valid one-time-password.

3a) If you call SE's support center and have them unlink it, they can relink it for you, but only to the same SE ID as it was unlinked from. This is in case you lose it or the battery dies on you, or any other situation in which you can't get a valid one-time-password from it.

4) The One Time Password (Use/Do not use) setting only tells POL Viewer if you have a token linked to the account or not. Setting the wrong setting on it for your situation will only result in an Invalid Password error. You cannot set it to "Do not use" if you have an active token and just don't want to use it for that login. It's just because the program can't detect if it needs the token password or not until it logs in, and is not programmed to allow you to proceed if a field is left blank.
    My token works just fine and I understand just fine, thank you and I understand how it works perfectly. I was asking for a friend and even then I'm not sure if that was the particular error as she is not on right now for me to ask (the jp n eu client thing) so that may not even be the problem.

Button Kitten
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

is that any other way to have the token ordered? I'm still having UCS error every time I log and at anytime in the day -.-

I thought that after so much time the servers would be more happy to collaborate!
    >_<

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The token is garbage once it has been unlinked. You can't relink it, and have to buy a new one if you want the security later.
    just wanna confirm if this is true.

i got sick of waiting my token to arrive(been nearly 2 months)

i getting LS mate to buy for me, get my satchel and chuck the token, and then relink for security again when mine come at last

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ok my friend linked his account to his token and now his SE password is not working so he can't log into his account even with the 1 time password. I personally reset his password via the lost password email thing twice changing the password then trying to log in with that same password just a minuet later and it still saying the password is incorrect.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Arthars, why even bother to unlink the token you'd get from the LS member? Keep it linked and use it, then sell or give away the token you are already expecting when that one arrives. If you unlink the token the LS member sends you, nobody can ever link and use that token again. Yes, you'll be able to replace it with the token you are already waiting on, but what's the point if you're just going to throw away the old one that still works? Why even order another that will likely take as long to get? People in Japan are still reporting that they haven't received theirs, and ordering in Japan has been disabled since a few days after they released the things. They probably had more orders than product and are catching up with backorders.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Great guide Izzy, thanks Had a slight moment of panic but was just me being silly and entering my old password.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Arthars, why even bother to unlink the token you'd get from the LS member? Keep it linked and use it, then sell or give away the token you are already expecting when that one arrives. If you unlink the token the LS member sends you, nobody can ever link and use that token again. Yes, you'll be able to replace it with the token you are already waiting on, but what's the point if you're just going to throw away the old one that still works? Why even order another that will likely take as long to get? People in Japan are still reporting that they haven't received theirs, and ordering in Japan has been disabled since a few days after they released the things. They probably had more orders than product and are catching up with backorders.
    because my friend cant send the token to me lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast