Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch View Post
    Probably different with other zones

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...408_224135.png
    well it was on a lv 4 so im asuming thats the top line for it atm, Mayor fail imo.
    All the people speculating bout so many random gear and blha blha blha, max is lv 45 until provend diferent.Word.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

try trading a pebble or something, itd be dope if i could augment a throwing ammo for drg so i dont have to pay 10m for black tathlum

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It makes sense that there will be another (real) method to augment. I don't even think I'd call this an augment, more of a randomization since negative stats can replace the base stats. However, the augment system SE was talking about allows you to choose two stats to supplement the base stats, meaning the base stats will remain intact.

Plus, SE made no indication that this was a part of FOV, and I don't think it will be. They probably just figured they implemented a whole augmentation system, they may as well use it in as many places as possible, like soultrappers. "Augmented" (randomized) items even drop from some of the new fights. They're just playing around with their new system, and there will (hopefully) be a real augmentatin method discovered soon.

So far, with all of the information known so far, it seems that my personal most looked forward to addition in this update is complete and utter fail.

It is as if SE came up with this system with INCREDIBLE potential and said to themselves, "Ok guys, what is the absolute worst things that can be included in this system?" They then built Augmenting as we currently know it on those ideas.

Negative stats PLUS it being completely random is completely stupid beyond belief. Either random but no negatives or choose your trade-offs but both negative and random just FUCK NO. It is not even worth the time to bother with this at all at its current known form.

I seriously doubt you will be able to trade augmented gear again for a "re-roll" since you can't trade rare or ex and augmenting adds rare.

I hate to use this term but this is really and truly epic fail at this point in time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone try trading a weapon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Maguile View Post
    Anyone try trading a weapon yet?
    Someone posted they traded an onion dagger and got back + to two elemental resists.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I traded a Power GI in Xarc, got poison resist. Lightnings day, about 15:00, Waxing Gibbous, no idea if this has any bearing at all. >_> Also fought on a NIN, level 60.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiz Nickel
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Got this augmented in Behemoth's Dominion.
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...e/cmbtcst2.png

Pretty neat getting Ranged Attack on a ranged item, but it serves no use to me lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's that ribbon item that has like everything +1? Would be interesting to see what it adds to that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Noble's Ribbon? Green ribbon?

Super Ribbon - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Level 52. No luck ruining that. (As in Lv50 is the highest level equipment ruinable at the moment.)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Possible to get the Refresh, or Fast Cast on that? >_>

If you traded a piece of EQ for augmenting, can you then retrade the same piece and get an overwrite or further addition?

1000 Internets to the person who manages to get a haste or refresh aug

out of some sort of sheer morbid curiosity i want to try to augment my penance robe.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So. I didn't see confirmation. Trading an HQ piece = 100% no negative effects? If so, this really changes things.

Augments fucking suck (as they are right now)

nuff said. Go-go random buff (or debuff apparently as an LS mate of mine got -1 STR and -1 VIT on his swordbelt +1) from once-a-day FoV. Fucking retarded Dev Team.

Someone propably already wrote this, but...

Auguments seem for me as a very tricky thing that can completely fuck up all equip system if given too much freedom. I guess SE thinks so too, so they put as many limitations for it as they could.

Equip level limitation is imo very good idea for testing this new implemantation in natural environment. Lets see how it works on low levels, before we will move it forward....

Players most of the time are spending on high levels and end game content. As we saw many times, messing there w/o messing things up is hardly ever done by SE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I didn't get any negative stats on HQ gear and I still did not see and HQ gear traded get any negative stats. Sounds more interesting already ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by eva00r View Post
    I didn't get any negative stats on HQ gear and I still did not see and HQ gear traded get any negative stats. Sounds more interesting already ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    ... an LS mate of mine got -1 STR and -1 VIT on his swordbelt +1
    3 post above yours.

New Odin
    BG Level

My stamina ring got mp+3, int-1, mnd+1, chr-1 :Q_!