+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Looking to buy a digital camera

Preferably store bought (I don't trust the ppl here to give me a package if they get their hands on it first).

I'm looking to spend $100-$120 on the camera and I'm pretty much clueless on what is good what is bad ect. Could anyone make some suggestions for me?

I need to find mine, I'll get back to you. Read OP wrong

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Nice edit thar buddie!

Walmart has the Canon PowerShot A590-IS for 119.99

It's a very nice camera for the price, I am not sure on other brands since I stick with Canon.

Canon PowerShot A1000-IS for 139.88 - No experience with this.

Nikon CoolPix S220 - 139.88 - My mom loves this camera, as does my co-worker.

Kodak EasyShare M863 - 109.88 - No experience with this.

All prices are from Walmart.

Look around at online reviews, I would go with the A590-IS if you can find it in Walmart near you, other stores carry it but are more expensive.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Panasonic Lumix.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I would recommend getting one that is seen as a removable HD when hooked up to your computer so you can grab the pictures directly off the camera. I have a sony and my wife has a kodak and I hate the kodak because you cannot simply grab the pictures you have to use their easy share software to "download" the pictures off the camera and it is a huge pain in the ass.

Most digital cameras will save pictures on an SD / microSD / memory stick. Just swap that between your camera and your computer.

Kodac... is rather dumb, hah.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Casio EX-Z9 Exilim

I just recently bought a Casio EX-Z9 Exilim from RadioShack on sale for around $100, normally around $120 I believe. It's an 8.1 MP camera, that uses the SD memory cards and comes with a rechargeable lithium battery. From the limited use I've gotten it's a nice little camera, with all the picture taking features you could ask for in a $100 camera. This camera was actually recommended to me by my father (Camera/Video Equipment Technician) over some of the more expensive choices due to having a strong and reliable lense.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbreed View Post
    Walmart has the Canon PowerShot A590-IS for 119.99

It's a very nice camera for the price, I am not sure on other brands since I stick with Canon.

Canon PowerShot A1000-IS for 139.88 - No experience with this.

Nikon CoolPix S220 - 139.88 - My mom loves this camera, as does my co-worker.

Kodak EasyShare M863 - 109.88 - No experience with this.

All prices are from Walmart.

Look around at online reviews, I would go with the A590-IS if you can find it in Walmart near you, other stores carry it but are more expensive.
    So I went ahead with the Nikon s220 and I've spent about 10 mins with it and I already don't like it, lol. The thing keeps like changin colors around and just making the pictures look fake. I get better results with disposable camera. i"m about to return this thing lol

Edit:
    Honestly came out better using my cell phone

i got a sony cybershot and its fucking dope, looks hella cute too so you know all the fools gonna be over your shit when you bring it to a party

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I would recommend getting one that is seen as a removable HD when hooked up to your computer so you can grab the pictures directly off the camera. I have a sony and my wife has a kodak and I hate the kodak because you cannot simply grab the pictures you have to use their easy share software to "download" the pictures off the camera and it is a huge pain in the ass.
    This couldn't be any more false. We have 2 Kodak P&S (DX4530 & Z1275). I don't even have the Kodak software installed on my PC. USB cord, browse the files, and pull them off. The Z1275 is a fantastic camera.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Personally, I like the Canon PowerShot series. I used various models of that series up until I went dSLR, and I loved it. They can be really simple to use on the Auto setting, but has enough options so that you can get some amazing shots out of them, too. The only thing I disliked was that noise became visible enough to be distracting at like 1000 ISO or so in dark conditions.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have a Sony Cybershot that works great for me. The only downside with a Sony camera is that it doesn't use an SD card, you need to buy a pro duo memory stick(same thing used in the PSP).

^ what he said, the fact it dont use a SD card kinda sucks but you can always just do what i do and move the files onto your PC and delete'em