+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

King of Fighters 12; where is Momoko?

I don’t see a thread about this game. Is anyone else here an avid 2D fighter player?

I really love anything SNK or now Playmore and KOF11 was pretty good. I hated how Streetfighter turned out, it just isn’t Streefighter anymore. Though KOF still remains the same. GGXX is also one of my favorites.

But KOF12 just came out and it looks pretty good. So far on the roster:

Andy Bogard
    Ash Crimson
    Athena Asamiya
    Benimaru Nikaido

Chin Gentsai

Clark Steel

Duo Lon

Goro Daimon

Iori Yagami

Joe Higashi

Kim Kaphwan

Kyo Kusanagi

Leona Heidern

Raiden

Ralf Jones

Robert Garcia

Ryo Sakazaki

Shen Woo

Sie Kensou

Terry Bogard

There will be hidden characters like Mai of course. I wonder why Momoko didn’t make the cut though Chin is back.

Here’s hoping for Vice; the snake bitch is my all time favorite.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

In before SF4 shitstorm in a KoF thread.

You know KOF tried the '2d fighter with 3d models' in KOF Maximum Impact, right?

And how do you know Mai is a hidden character? Wiki says nothing (and everything on wiki is true).

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I've been pushing this game for awhile now, but let the record show that I don't want to be associated with the OP. I mean, seriously... SF isn't SF anymore? SF4 is more classic SF than anything in the past 15 years. KoF is still KoF? The series takes totally new directions nearly every game (teams, strikers, assists, etc.) KoFXI was pretty good? Have you seen Oswald, Gato, and Kula? If that isn't your team, then you probably don't really play KoFXI. KoF98 and 2002 UM are clearly the superior KoF games, especially 98.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I've been pushing this game for awhile now, but let the record show that I don't want to be associated with the OP. I mean, seriously... SF isn't SF anymore? SF4 is more classic SF than anything in the past 15 years. KoF is still KoF? The series takes totally new directions nearly every game (teams, strikers, assists, etc.) KoFXI was pretty good? Have you seen Oswald, Gato, and Kula? If that isn't your team, then you probably don't really play KoFXI. KoF98 and 2002 UM are clearly the superior KoF games, especially 98.
    Yeah, I guess I just don't get the same feeling when I play SF4. I feel like I'm playing psychic force . . . . if you remember that game . . . or worse yet, naruto battle import on the gamecube.

As for KOF's system, this is tradition, every KOF comes with a new system since 95. It'll be weird if its the same as KOF11. Changing the fighting system is expected. And lol Oswald Gato and Kula? Yeah, that's a mean bunch, easy to play =P Let me remind you that the top tier on the past three E3 tournies has been Dou Lon, Momoko, and Yurie. heh the top guy washed away all the Oswalds.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Kotaku - Are These Your New King Of Fighters XII Fighters? - King Of Fighters XII

100% hand drawn Mai Shiranui tits in HD? Yes please.

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Kazuko View Post
    There will be hidden characters like Mai of course. I wonder why Momoko didn’t make the cut though Chin is back.

Here’s hoping for Vice; the snake bitch is my all time favorite.
    The question's been answered by SNK-Playmore a number of times (it's even been posted on Kotaku):

Because of the amount of time it took to design each character, had they gone with more, the game would've taken even longer to be released; because of this, they chose to go with, outside of arc-important characters (since the story is supposed to be concluded with this title), core characters that the fanbase knows and loves from the series.

This isn't a dream match entry.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh shit, Ralph and Clark are back? Time to start warming up my thumbs for Argentina Back Breakers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Any EUs play on GGPO? 98 and 2k2 are the best KOFs since release, very balanced characters and little easy-to-use top tiers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

the fuck? jhun plays good games?
    NEWS TO ME.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Might aswell DL and install GGPO and get beaten up baby.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What is this exactly? can you explain in details please?

Our arcade got KOF 12 last wee, this is the first KOF i've ever played and I like it so far. Many of the old school KOF players dont like it though

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sad there is no King.

Gawd, those combos look sweet.

And any chance there won't be any DLCs, when this comes out on consoles? >.>;;

Yeah, that's the arcade i play KOF XII at. Mr. Kof is there, and he usually beast up to 100 wins every day. He's really nice and teaching us though, so it's all good

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I've heard from a lot of people that KoFXII is pretty dumbed down for a KoF game. Fortunately, KoF 98UM is good enough to keep me occupied for another few years.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

what kind of animation is that? is that like the newer generation sprites? or hand drawn/cell shaded? its beautiful. i would rather SFIV looked like that lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Some more details on the game, and gameplay videos.
    King of Fighters XII getting DLC, console-specific modes
    I really don't like it when they do this console specific stuff, but can't really do anything about it.

YouTube - 5/16/2009 Arcade Infinity - More King of Fighters XII casuals 4
    YouTube - 5/16/2009 Arcade Infinity - More King of Fighters XII casuals 5