+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tales of Vesperia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Tales of Vesperia

Haven't seen any threads for the game specifically, had a few questions for those who've finished/loved/hated it! No, this is not about the emo rage of people who bought it for 360 when it was 360 exclusive.

So, i'm about 70% through the story mode. Max level is 200, do I need anything insanely high for the final fights or anything? I'm about level 48 now, and some of the Giganto monsters kick my ass still.

Is there a trick for faster leveling, or is it just massive amounts of grinding? The FAQs for Vesperia have been pretty bleh on that regard.

Skill wise, i've never been able to get any of those 4 "special" types or whatever, like Fleck (the attack/defense/movement type symbols). From what I read, you just have to equip like 30 skill points worth of one of them, to have that type become available, but nothing is working for me.

Combo wise: Who do you play/best artes? I've mostly just stuck with Yuri, and occasionally Judith. It took a long time til I had those "Super Chain" abilities and enough good artes that I could chain stuff together, but i'm fairly certain there are some long/impressive combos that are way more useful

Any other general information/impressions would be nice, I probably missed a lot of stuff on my first playthrough, and information seems kinda sparse for a game that's been out here for as long as it has.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Armel Falzen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE BLAHBLAHBLAH TIDAL WAVE
    /thread.

If you do the Fell Arms quest competely, you'll want around Lv100 for last boss.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't even know what Tidal Wave is ._. I'll probably Youtube it later, it's started to be a better resource.

But no, I didn't do the Fell Arms quest, or w/e it is yet, I kinda got a bit wrapped up in the story and went ahead doing that, now i'm gonna back track a bit for some costumes and stuff, but to be honest I just wanna really do some cool combos with Yuri, the longer the better. I haven't played the others much at all.

I'm just curious about the level 200 cap, if you don't need anywhere near that high, like SO4 wanting high levels for Ethereal Queen and stuff, is there anything similar here? I'm not actually that familiar with Tales of games, except for the opening themes. Is Abyss/Symphonia worth getting?

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think I finished the game around lv95.. Fell Arms and all.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You don't need to get that high.

Level up Rita, she kicks ass. She's easily the best character in the game, in battle and in sheer awesomeness.

Don't really remember too much about TOV, sorry

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Armel Falzen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Both are, yes. Although, Symphonia will feel awkward now since you're used to having the option to free run lol

You don't NEED to get Lv200 for anywhere, honestly. I do believe it's an achivement though. Can't remember it's been a while lol

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Abyss = hell yeah

Symphonia was good when it came out (not the wii one, original gc one, wii one is spinoff thingy which will prob be meh at best, haven't played yet)

Like a week ago I was working on attempting to undub Symphonia (was semi-successful, lol) and it felt really weird doing the battles in that game, it just felt so.. primitive, lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Armel Falzen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    (not the wii one, original gc one, wii one is spinoff thingy which will prob be meh at best, haven't played yet)
    It's alright, story is so-so. Fun waving around wiimote to use artes if you set it that way.

Guess it's like SO4 in the sense that gameplay is better than the story by a good amount, lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Really, she is? I haven't used her for fighting, spells seemed to kinda miss a lot cuz the enemies moved around a bunch, but I guess I didn't get many of the advanced spells. I use her for my on screen character tho.

I'm kinda tempted to try some of the recenter games, but no free run would be kinda lame.

I thought Vesperia was fairly decent so far in story, Yuri doesn't always fit the hero stereotype so well, and for a change, I enjoyed the voice acting, except for Karol.

Quick Edit: Do either of you know how to get the Symbols like Fleck/Strehm/etc? I played around with it for a while, but I could never get one, despite following the little information I found.

Been announced for PS3 with extras, hopefully it comes stateside ;O

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Really, she is? I haven't used her for fighting, spells seemed to kinda miss a lot cuz the enemies moved around a bunch, but I guess I didn't get many of the advanced spells. I use her for my on screen character tho.

I'm kinda tempted to try some of the recenter games, but no free run would be kinda lame.

I thought Vesperia was fairly decent so far in story, Yuri doesn't always fit the hero stereotype so well, and for a change, I enjoyed the voice acting, except for Karol.

Quick Edit: Do either of you know how to get the Symbols like Fleck/Strehm/etc? I played around with it for a while, but I could never get one, despite following the little information I found.
    None of those names ring any bells.

At level 64ish? i think, Rita learns this spell called Tidal wave. It floods THE ENTIRE SCREEN WITH WATER. Use that, plus her limit thingy or w/e its called when it fills up, and you can SPAM the thing, and all the hits will bring the bar back up, so you can just do it nonstop. Everything dies. (This method is also good for using the 1dmg weapon, and just spamming a really high combo chain for lots of grade, or something. Don't remember specifics like the abilities and stuff)