Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spirits Within on Cerb     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Spirits Within on Cerb

I noticed on otherwiki that on the Atonement notes that it says the Cerberus family of monsters takes double damage from Atonement and Spirits within, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere else.

Was wondering if anyone can attest to this being true?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's true, not sure if it is double damage though. I do remember seeing screen shots of 1000+ atonements when usually the damage caps out around 750.

Atonement has more like a 25% damage bonus from my experience on monsters from the Cerberus family.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What a weird family to have this effect on.. just cerberus heh

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's not just Cerberus. And It'd seem atm the Atonement bonus is random bonus usually around the 10% mark. Spirits also works.

The WotG Sandy Quest BLM Orc in Vunkler takes extra damage as well. I know there are a few other mobs but off top of my head not thinking straight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Cerberus/Sarameya/Nyzul Cerberus/Besieged Cerberus?

Hmm, thanks for the responses.

I wonder if it would be worth it to have melee bring swords for boss floors in nyzul, and in the event we get cerb, we could pop body boost and TP wings for some serious instant dmg on him, either right off the bat or depending on the floor, last 25%.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    Hmm, thanks for the responses.

I wonder if it would be worth it to have melee bring swords for boss floors in nyzul, and in the event we get cerb, we could pop body boost and TP wings for some serious instant dmg on him, either right off the bat or depending on the floor, last 25%.
    No.

Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by hagun View Post
    No.

Just no.
    If you're gonna come into my thread and be like that, at least explain your reasoning.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any decent DD's would do more damage with their normal weapons than using a sword and using spirit's within, as the body boost effect doesn't work for spirit's within (Correct me if I'm wrong, never has worked for me)

oh, that sucks body boost doesn't affect spirits within. Kinda would make it broken I guess lol.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

I don't know what planet you live on i've been doing nyzul as paladin since I started doing it and body boost always made my 300% spirits within start over 1k

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroDiabolos View Post
    I don't know what planet you live on i've been doing nyzul as paladin since I started doing it and body boost always made my 300% spirits within start over 1k
    Yeah?

I talked to the other melee in my nyzul group and everyone said they had trouble getting past 600ish on cerb, and we're all pretty well geared. So I figure why not pop off a spirits within with BB and a dusty TP wing(that gets you 300 tp), most of us would have at or around 2k hp, and the extra dmg on cerberus from spirits would probably do well past what any of our normal WS would do. Plus, it's not gonna get "resisted".

If nothing else, a quick 3-5k dmg during GoH spam on floor 100 can't be a bad thing, amirite?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BLU with near on 2k HP, 300% spirits within, 620 damage