Thread: Beastmen seals for EXP?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Beastmen seals for EXP?

So I heard someone in my shell saying they got 600 EXP for trading 6-8 beastmen seals to the outpost FoV book in Qufim. How do you go about doing this? I tried both wiki's and didn't really find a load of information on it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Field Parchment - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Elite training then find the Field Parchment.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

thank you <3

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't think at the moment it's too worth it throwing seals into this. Unless you've got millions of seals and cannot find BCNM groups.

Especially with campaign (and ops) now, I can't think of a time I'd be this desperate for EXP. And at lower levels, it's not 100% you'll beat the (current) NMs.

Of course if bored there's no harm, and it's your game... but seeing the possibility at the moment I don't think it's worthwhile.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

When you consider the 5-minute cooldown on seal drops, you're looking at something absurd like +15 exp/minute on top of solo levelling, tops, when you take the seal option.

Even the gil option would be better.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    When you consider the 5-minute cooldown on seal drops, you're looking at something absurd like +15 exp/minute on top of solo levelling, tops, when you take the seal option.

ive never heard of a 5 min cool down between seal drops o.o

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Only 1 of either Kindred or beastman seal can drop for each party every 5 minutes.

No "but I've seen Kseal and Bseal in the same treasure pool!", or "I've gotten back-to-back seals solo before!". No.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's technically per party, not alliance, so you could in theory see two seals in the same pool if you're in an alliance, but it doesn't really mean much for practical purposes. You can also get back-to-back seals if you take more than 5 minutes between kills.

Just listing off silly exceptions so people don't trot them out for stupid reasons later.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    Only 1 of either Kindred or beastman seal can drop for each party every 5 minutes.

No "but I've seen Kseal and Bseal in the same treasure pool!", or "I've gotten back-to-back seals solo before!". No.
    bullshit, I've saw two KS sitting in pool meriting last week, and solo plenty of times I've gotten KS one mob and BS next, so fucking bullshit on this, unless you have SE at interview admitting it or something.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    bullshit, I've saw two KS sitting in pool meriting last week, and solo plenty of times I've gotten KS one mob and BS next, so fucking bullshit on this, unless you have SE at interview admitting it or something.
    You can only have 2KS in the same pool (or 3) when you're in an alliance. Other pt has to kill it or w/e.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

so if I want to triple my BS/KS droprate, I should take 2 other people and make a single-person-per-party alliance when farming in kuftal?

I've honestly never heard of this before but thinking back I can't remember a time that can refute it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've seen plenty of Beastmen and Kindred Seals in the treasure pool together, can't recall ever seeing both drop off 1 mob.

It's technically per party, not alliance, so you could in theory see two seals in the same pool if you're in an alliance
    That explains why I saw this!

http://i43.tinypic.com/14jyip5.png

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd like to point out there is no "5 minute cooldown" when soloing. Items go directly to your inventory, you can theoretically get a seal off of every mob, regardless of the time between kills.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to promote lotting seals in parties, so that you get more of them overall. (By a lot).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In the time it takes you to sign up for elite training then go pop and kill the NM, you probably could have soloed a decent chunk of the XP you were about to earn anyway. This makes me want to say that I agree with you and people should save their seals.

On the other hand, whoring everything you can for max XP is really what the Maat Cap is all about, so I think the seals are a good option for anyone who wants to cut every corner as they work toward this prize.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    I'd also like to take this opportunity to promote lotting seals in parties, so that you get more of them overall. (By a lot).
    I'm confused by this, whoosh?

I was always under the impression that Kseals and Bseals are auto-dist for fairness in exp parties, etc.?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you cast lots on them, it's still fair, assuming you don't have a hacker in your party. The point is that by getting the seal out of the treasure pool in 5 seconds as opposed to 5 minutes, another seal can drop much sooner.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagi View Post
    assuming you don't have a hacker in your party
    What do you mean by that ^? There are actually tools now for lotting?

I understand the part of getting the seal out of the pool quicker, but in 99.9% of situations, people are just too lazy to do that unless its a kseal farming party/skillup pt.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Lazy people don't deserve seals.

So, wait, I've seen a KS and a BS in the same pool before. Can that happen, in say a merit party?

I can't recall what I was doing/if it was an alliance or not.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers View Post
    I'd like to point out there is no "5 minute cooldown" when soloing. Items go directly to your inventory, you can theoretically get a seal off of every mob, regardless of the time between kills.

That's wrong. I wont believe this unless you bring a screenshot, because it was tested multiple time and it didnt happen a single time.

Beside, you would think that if it's possible to have 2 seals in the pool with 2 party, having a seal in the pool doesn't change a thing.