Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

ITT: Trolls Trolling Trolls

So, after all the fuss a few people made (me being one of them) about paying for this mini expansion and the new inventory expansion, I wanted to get an idea of where you people still stand on the issue.

Ignoring the fact that the price isnt that bad (10 dollars isnt bad for 99% of playerbase).

Do you guys feel that the 3 cutscenes and 2 BCs you got from this "expansion" warranted you paying 10 dollars? Do these short handful of quests that can be done in 3-4 hours warrant the labeling of a full "mini expansion"? Did going out and killing lvl 20 beastman in the starter zones for 2-3 hours satisfy your time? Or did killing mobs outside jueno for an hour or 2 qual your thirst for good storyline?

Did you jump in your seats as you climbed delkfut in another level capped exercise?

How about your new awesome augment system? Liking that pet attack+3 on your snipers?

Or did all the plds here just masterbait happily to their fastcast/emnity body and chug through the dribble that was this "expansion" to get it done?

Perhaps my standards are just too high, and Im sure Ill get a few "sandy vag" responses from people that say "you didnt have to pay the 10 dollars", but I kinda expected more. I was annoyed at the token being forced on us, as well as charging for the needed inventory, but I was at least looking forward to new storyline and exciting fights. After finishing the missions... I just go back to feeling cheated.

Is this the quality SE is giving us now? At a higher price even?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

I just need a new word that means "really fucking bitter". That being said, your standards are really too high when compared to $5 lapdances. :3

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I probably wont buy the next one unless

A: the reward is amazing and a must get

or

B: Square gives us more than 1/4th of a COP. this mini-expansion was a flop in my opinion and id rather them make a new expansion than waste time on these.

The key to FFXI: Lower your standards.

And yes, I will not be getting the next 2 "expansions".

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    The key to FFXI: Lower your standards.
    I just honestly can't ever remember you complimenting anything FFXI related, ever. :3

That being said, I think some of the content is pretty replayable (and kinda lame).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Why do you keep saying "expansion" it never has and never was referred to as or even close to being the size of an expansion.

It was FUCKING AMAZING to be capped to level 30 and climb delkfutts, you know that feeling "oh shit these things can fuck me 10 ways from sarutabaruta if I'm not careful".

Yep, it was definitely worth $10...not only do you get a sexy customizable body that no doubt the usual end-gamer can't swallow their pride and bitterness and say "oh they're nothing special", but you get to do enjoy a cool little side quest that ties into a long questioned (but clearly obvious) NPC.

You still seem bitterly butthurt, though.

I knew you would like it Destinye.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If i wanted to climb the tower at 30 cap i would have jumped on pup, lvled it to lv 30 and then climbed the tower :\

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I knew you would like it Destinye.
    Of course, because I don't go around hating every addition to FFXI. :D

Quote Originally Posted by euph View Post
    If i wanted to climb the tower at 30 cap i would have jumped on pup, lvled it to lv 30 and then climbed the tower :\

Pay me 10 dollars and Ill authorize you to do just that.

Ill also let you kill mobs outside Castle O for 2 hours as well.

edit: And I dont hate everything about FFXI Des, else I wouldnt be playing. I love that you can play all jobs on one character. I like the balance in parties and the need for many people that know what the fuck is going on. I offer advice and critism on other areas of the game that I love to continually improve at (paladin most of all).

However there are several areas that this game NEEDS to improve that, and if SE's new path is nothing more than these nickle and dimed crap excuses for "scenarios", then Im about done.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Looking at this amount of content this is pretty shitty for the price. I expected a bit more for this. A "mini-expansion" or "add-on scenario" (whatever the fuck you want to call it) sounded more like a full blown storyline like CoP, ToAU, etc. except without new areas and new events. Overall it's not a terrible rip off, $10 is not much money at all. Unfortunately the value for the dollars spent isn't really there if you don't care about the gear rewards. Really it's coming off more and more like pay $10 for this content we could have added but we need more money to make other shitty wii/360 games so cough up money if you want this piece of gear and extra inventory (that is very limited use wise.)

It's not even like I'd care too much if SE went to a more micro transaction style of MMO but it's already a long established monthly fee. Unfortunately most of us have spent far too much time on this game to not want new shinies. I for one probably won't be purchasing the next mini-expansion until I see the content provided.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

To be completely honest, I was very disappoint in ACP. I set my expectations low, and it still didn't live up to them.

Storyline wise, horrible. I literally can't remember anything from it, aside from a crystal and trying rather lazily to tie into the opening cutscene of FFXI. Horribly uninteresting storyline and boring cutscenes, especially compared to how fantastic WoTG has been. The nation quest cutscenes added in this update alone have to be some of my favorites in FFXI. This is the part where I think I was most disappointed in, since even if the mission line itself was short, I was hoping on an interesting story to make it worthwhile.

The missions lacked any kind of imagination. They were basically farm 3 items>farm 3 more items in a different zone>click on ???s across a zone>BC>click on ???s across multiple zones under a level 30 cap>final BC. Tedious and repetitive. Even without competition, I went close to 1/100~ on THe sauromgue goblin item. And seriously, lose the BC and be forced to reclimb? Ugh.

There are a few positives though The BCs were fun, I will admit. And it's super nice that players, no matter what their current progression on the missions are, can assist friends.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I didn't bother buying it yet, and haven't felt like I'm missing much from my friend's reports. Might pick it up later or something, maybe it will drop in price or be bundled with the other mini expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by tsola View Post
    To be completely honest, I was very disappoint in ACP. I set my expectations low, and it still didn't live up to them.

Storyline wise, horrible. I literally can't remember anything from it, aside from a crystal and trying rather lazily to tie into the opening cutscene of FFXI. Horribly uninteresting storyline and boring cutscenes, especially compared to how fantastic WoTG has been. The nation quest cutscenes added in this update alone have to be some of my favorites in FFXI. This is the part where I think I was most disappointed in, since even if the mission line itself was short, I was hoping on an interesting story to make it worthwhile.

The missions lacked any kind of imagination. They were basically farm 3 items>farm 3 more items in a different zone>click on ???s across a zone>BC>click on ???s across multiple zones under a level 30 cap>final BC. Tedious and repetitive. Even without competition, I went close to 1/100~ on THe sauromgue goblin item. And seriously, lose the BC and be forced to reclimb? Ugh.

There are a few positives though The BCs were fun, I will admit. And it's super nice that players, no matter what their current progression on the missions are, can assist friends.
    This is pretty much my opinion.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Your tears give me power.

(In my dirty grave that is)

Or did all the plds here just masterbait happily to their fastcast/emnity body and chug through the dribble that was this "expansion" to get it done?
    masturbate*

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bought the "expansion", was fairly excited about it... sat down, watched the first cutscene. Okay, fairly underwhelming. Hopefully gets better.

... wait?

A farming quest?

I haven't touched it since, not even the body pieces can make me want to do it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I haven't even started it. I'll wait a week or so until the three beastmen mobs from the lowbie zones aren't camped. I checked meriph. mountains today and there were 19 people, didn't bother.

However, I am very happy with this update for one reason: the new WotG nation quest. A Long March North was fucking epic, and made me want to baww like a little bitch. I can't wait to see what they add next.

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta View Post
    masturbate*
    I was actually waiting to see who would correct me on that. Im glad it was you.

I was actually waiting to see who would correct me on that. Im glad it was you.
    Love you :D

anyways, i'll keep on topic.

haven't played in a few weeks. I share account with a friend, i think we decided not to get the token, not sure yet, cause it would be a hassle to do dual boxing shit. sure the extra inv is nice, but we don't really need it. We have done fine without it.

the new expansion and augments look neat, but looked into the mission, and it looks silly.

EDIT: Hmm, thought i read something about token, guess not.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast