+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Caprica     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I was a huge BSG fan and I'm giving Caprica a chance but so far I'm not really impressed. I understand that it's really early and they're giving us cues to orient ourselves by but I feel that we're just being beaten over the head by liberalism and hedonism. I'm calling a homosexual or group sex scene by episode 5.

I really can't tell if the actress that plays Zoe is fucking brilliant or just plain bad. I understand that it's an avatar with limited dimensionality and she certainly acts that way. She kind of reminds me of Tara Reid in that respect.

The Adamas are fucking balls out, Serge is pretty cool, the opening sequence sucks and I hope they kill off that Lacy character.

Spoiler: show
    I'm glad they actually jammed an avatar in the toaster and not some type of downloaded human consciousness. I know that if I woke up in that monstrosity that I would just begin killing any living thing I could get my claws on.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I like the opening, but only cause its a change of pace from the overly epic music in the BSG one lol.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

i dig the opening because its scifi-y, really brings the imagery of what i kept trying to imagine caprica being while watching BSG

will be neat to come back to BSG after watching a season of Caprica. might even change the way we look at caprican society since we felt bad for humans being annihilated the first time, this time it might feel as if they deserved to get trounced.

going to keep going with this, hopefully it doesnt go shitting all over itself like SG:U seems to have done in the last few eps of the first half of that season.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr View Post
    I was a huge BSG fan and I'm giving Caprica a chance but so far I'm not really impressed. I understand that it's really early and they're giving us cues to orient ourselves by but I feel that we're just being beaten over the head by liberalism and hedonism. I'm calling a homosexual or group sex scene by episode 5.
    I might be wrong, but didn't they insinuate Serge was gay in this past episode in that scene when daddy adama and son go visit him at home? I could be totally off base in this though. If I'm right, good call on that one

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yes, Uncy Sam is a flamer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Muay View Post
    I might be wrong, but didn't they insinuate Serge was gay in this past episode in that scene when daddy adama and son go visit him at home? I could be totally off base in this though. If I'm right, good call on that one
    Serge is the personal assistant rollerball droid. I don't believe at that phase in their evolution they were reproducing sexually. Safe bet to say he's not gay. The COMPLETE FUCKING BADASS uncle though, he's gay.

Xavier

Having a pretty difficult time getting into this show, parts of it are just too slow (boring) for me compared to the frantic pace of BSG. It doesn't help that the stakes were so much higher in BSG. I guess it might take some time for me to get used to plots revolving around Adama skipping school rather than the complete annihilation of the human race.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Having a pretty difficult time getting into this show, parts of it are just too slow (boring) for me compared to the frantic pace of BSG. It doesn't help that the stakes were so much higher in BSG. I guess it might take some time for me to get used to plots revolving around Adama skipping school rather than the complete annihilation of the human race.
    I'm in the same boat.

Although, I am enjoying the thought that all of the cylon centurians in BSG had the personality of a teenage girl under all that chrome.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

"Now that's a nice lookin' chest"

http://www.manafont.org/blog/wp-cont...19h33m06s6.jpg

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

All I could think about that entire scene was legion.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

kid is a douche bag, zoe is smokin SMASH

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    kid is a douche bag, zoe is smokin SMASH
    Every time I see her all I can think is that in 5 or so years she will be this zoe

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/a...-picture-1.jpg

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yessss, marsters in the preview for next week

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

damn, this week's episode was pretty good. loved the "mmo" game and Tamara was smokin'

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

great episode lol

Tamara = neo!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

great ep for sure, the cylon in the office was a cool scene

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They did a really good job casting. The actors for BSG were great and the ones they got for Caprica haven't let me down so far. I really like Esai Morales as Joseph Adama. I'm hoping Polly Walker (the Sister at the school) has a more active role later because she was really good in Rome and it seems like she's playing a similar type character in Caprica.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    damn, this week's episode was pretty good. loved the "mmo" game and Tamara was smokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    great ep for sure, the cylon in the office was a cool scene

The ep was really an upswing after last week's thats for sure. I enjoyed the New Cap City portions and Nemo is right, Tamara is pretty damn smokin'. The Cylon in the boardroom thing kind of made me scratch my head. The pilot and the first few eps, Zoe was a main character, but last couple of eps she hasnt said or done much at all. Seeing her only inclusion in the episode as a brief "flash" from Cylon to girl as she ripped her arm off was disappointing. All in all the series is getting better. Taking a lot longer to get into the meat of things since they have to create backstory unlike dropping themselves quickly into the "ragtag fleet".

Plus, I want more Magda anyway. So here's to hoping we get more of her and the Sister/STO stuff going.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

tonite's ep was pretty awesome, virgis showing his face is great for the show. glad they moved away from the bro/kid shit for a bit.

getting interesting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast