+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Caprica     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

HOLY FUCK

they are getting crazy way before i expected them to get crazy, i wonder how many seasons they are planning to do? Maybe 5 a kin to BSG?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

just saw this on facebook, caprica coming on in october instead of january!

CAPRICA RETURN ON SYFY SHIFTS TO OCTOBER 5, 2010
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/09...ay-night/62703

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

fuck yeah

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

bump for starting tonight

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

not sure if want

kind of wish she stayed dead but whatever i guess we will have to see where this is going

dat ass @ zoe sword fight

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I dont mind that shes not dead but if New Cap City stories get more than 10min of an episode I'mma stop watching.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I really wish the Greystone wife had died. Least favorite character ftl...

Also, I get that the religion thing plays a large role (Cue BSG) but it gets tiresome when they focus that much attention on the zealotry of it. Would have liked to have seen more development of the Adama's and less of the annoying little bitch Lacy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I actually enjoy the New Cap City storyline the best, reminds me of this really short lived series that I loved called Harsh Realm.

I haven't watched any of this, but new cap from BSG or some different New cap thing that has to do with this series?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I haven't watched any of this, but new cap from BSG or some different New cap thing that has to do with this series?
    It's completely different.

Spoiler: show
    The New Cap in Caprica is an online city. The New Cap in BSG is a physical place

Spoiled BSG and Caprica stuff

Blackice

I'm really not sure how I feel about that opening episode... which kinda scares me because earlier in the evening the actress who plays Zoe Graystone was on Attack of the Show and she mentioned that if this episode did not get the same or better ratings than the first season's finale, the show would be cancelled after one episode. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but here's to hoping we don't lose this show before it can really find it's niche.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

i seriously doubt they are going to dump the entire season that most likely has already been filmed (at least half the eps anyway) because the first ep is medicore to some.

not to mention that the ep was anything but mediocre, it setup the entire coming season/series shit is getting crazy. can't wait to see what happens with crazy zoe going after tamara. i suspect that the first gen cylons are going to be hacked by zoe and tammy and they are going to put all of the terrorists that are going to willow's(teachers name i think cant remember atm) faithless heaven into them.

the STO will get the cylons and shit will go down, should be pretty crazy

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

get to the fucking cylons already. this show is going to drown in it's own piss and shit soon, dragging it on and on like this is not doing good for the people that are on the fence. they are losing watchers with every episode.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    get to the fucking cylons already. this show is going to drown in it's own piss and shit soon, dragging it on and on like this is not doing good for the people that are on the fence. they are losing watchers with every episode.
    Motherfucking truth. Getting tired of this round and round with Clarice and whatever. I enjoyed Daniel Greystone getting a bit darker and slimy. They need to get Zoe's cylon body up and running quick status.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I wish they would focus more on Daniel and get to the damn cyclons already! and all the religious stuff just bores me. They should have just continued BSG.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by mxm View Post
    They should have just continued BSG.
    lolno

BSG finale nonsense is what happens when you dont plan ahead, something this show is showing once again, the religion shit needs to be in it its central to BSG, original series was huge hardon for Mormonism and BSG 2.0 was all about asking questions of faith, I really like the apotheosis shit because it gives the bullshit holoband story an interesting twist that it lacks otherwise.

RDM's inability to map out a series is showing again, and this series critically needs a definitive direction and fast....

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

while i don't dislike the apotheosis storyline, in fact there are some really cool elements with the STO etc but i think they need to step back from it just a bit, i'm here to see cylons. HOWEVER i do think that this is all leading up to how the cylons get their brains by taking all of the STO followers who "died" and planting them in cylon bodies. so that being said it's necessary to get this part of the storyline down and understood by the masses.

unfortunately with every episode they overdramatize they lose watchership.

i disagree with the statement about RDM not being able to map out a storyline, if anything BSG shows that he knows EXACTLY how to map it out, i think he might have surcumbed(sp??) to some pressure from the studios near the end of BSG which would have caused a lackluster (to some but not me) series finale.

now if there is evidence to the contrary please post a link as i would like to read RDM admitting that he sucks at writing story arcs.

and i dont get mormonism in BSG? polythesim definetly but moronism??? i'm not a big religion dude but please explain.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    while i don't dislike the apotheosis storyline, in fact there are some really cool elements with the STO etc but i think they need to step back from it just a bit, i'm here to see cylons. HOWEVER i do think that this is all leading up to how the cylons get their brains by taking all of the STO followers who "died" and planting them in cylon bodies. so that being said it's necessary to get this part of the storyline down and understood by the masses.

unfortunately with every episode they overdramatize they lose watchership.

i disagree with the statement about RDM not being able to map out a storyline, if anything BSG shows that he knows EXACTLY how to map it out, i think he might have surcumbed(sp??) to some pressure from the studios near the end of BSG which would have caused a lackluster (to some but not me) series finale.

now if there is evidence to the contrary please post a link as i would like to read RDM admitting that he sucks at writing story arcs.

and i dont get mormonism in BSG? polythesim definetly but moronism??? i'm not a big religion dude but please explain.
    I'm pretty sure he meant the original BSG, versus the reboot.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Creator of BSG is Mormon, the lords of Kobol is a nod towards Kolob the planet on which Mormons believe God lives, theres other references in the original but its way too late to remember >_>

I don't have a link but in numerous interviews throughout BSG's run RDM/Eick stated that they made about 50% of it up as they went along, i.e. Helo making it back to the fleet, the Final Five, about 20 million things w/ Baltar etc. Studio had limited control over BSG, their hand was felt most throughout Season 1 when they wanted it to be episodic like run of the mill sci-fi, once RDM/Eick got their way it was w/e the fuck they wanted much like Darlton w/ Lost.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

i didnt realize the OG creator of BSG was mormon kind of odd

as for the RDM making alot of it up as they went along, i suppose that's necessary but they had to have a timeline or some kind of linear arc on whiteboards or notes that showed the way they wanted the story to develop. obviously they couldn't write everything exactly the way it came out of his head but i'm sure alot of what happened (perhaps 50%) was thought of before and noted in some form or another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast