Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Assassin's Creed II     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

A standalone title? wtf is this, Kingdom Hearts? Give us 2 pretty good games that follow a pretty sequential storyline, and now we're going to have 50,000 fuckton side games that are going require me to have a PSP, NDS, GBC (but only a blue one) to play them all.

Fuck Ubisoft, they actually get something right and they fuck it.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Been upset with myself for waiting so long to play this game because I loved part one. Just started playing this, and I must say I've NEVER raged so fucking hard over a game. The guy jumps to his death far to often.

new DLC is supposedly coming Thursday (the 18th), I wonder if that means it'll just show up on Xbox live tomorrow

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Been upset with myself for waiting so long to play this game because I loved part one. Just started playing this, and I must say I've NEVER raged so fucking hard over a game. The guy jumps to his death far to often.
    The system is a bit dodgy to begin with, until you get used to it. Don't hold the high profile button all of the time and get used to realigning yourself between jumps. If you are near a building while you are falling, hold the "drop" button and you will grab on to stuff if it's close enough.

DLC is out, 320 pts. I think it opens up a whole area of Florence to explore, so it's probably a good deal longer than the last one. Gonna try it out in a bit.

Zerv

Atreides, when u finish tell if it's worthwhile the money used, altho i loved playing AC2, i prefer to get a "new" game via ebay or something than use it in buying both DLC's

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Holy fuck at this game's DRM on the PC version: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...35290&site=pcg

If I hadn't already bought this game months ago for 360 (though I still haven't even played it), I certainly wouldn't be buying it now. Ubisoft can fuck right off with that level of DRM.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Will be DL'ing the new DLC when I get home, already have the previous DLC. Still slowly making my way to the end, I am having way too much fun in this game and taking my time. Carnivale just started, got Altier's armor & sword, 92% complete with the villa and have everything else either completed or very close. (minus feathers I will get the rest of those after I beat it) Made sure to get my flyswatter trophy thanks to reading this thread, I am enjoying this game way more then I thought I would.

I also have 4 of the glyphs/truth left, really like this aspect of the game each one is just fucking cool.

the DLC is alright so far, there's a decent amount of content but this should probably have been added to the game to begin with.

Currently stuck on one assassination (out of 9) where you have to kill this dude on a boat without being detected but it's literally impossible to beat it. I've tried everything I can think of and there's seemingly no way around it. So fuck this.

ok now that I've beaten both DLCs, some thoughts:

320 points for Battle of Forli is a lot cheaper than most DLCs out there, and with arguably just as much content as some of the 800 pt DLC that's been released. I don't really feel like it added enough to the story to be worth it though.

320 points for Bonfire of the Vanities is a pretty good deal, as it's nearly 2 hours of content that opens up a whole new area of Florence. The actual meat of the chapter is just 9 short assassination missions, some of which seem to placed far away and made needlessly difficult in an obvious attempt to add length to the game, which would piss me off a lot more if the entirety of AC2 didn't already feel that way. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but after the first playthrough euphoria wears off I don't know how much more of the same thing I can tolerate.

I guess I'd definitely get Bonfire of the Vanities at least, if you're either playing the game for the first time, or if you really liked AC2.

Zerv

Thanks for the input, i actually loved AC2 overall but im not really into DLC crap, i prefer a 100% complete game from the start, but oh well..

Guess Bonfire of Vanities is just an excuse to get back to AC2 lol.

That ubisoft connection is uter shit =/, i guess piracy measures?

P.S.: If u sucked/got bored at feathers, there's a really good guide with on-screen pictures of their locations in http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/f/assa...12817019669068

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I saw a Bonfire of Vanities + Secret Areas thing in the PSN shop. It was 10 bucks instead of just 5 bucks for the Bonfire one. What secret areas are these and is that worth getting?

maybe it's a pack of all the extra little DLC tombs? Those were some of the best parts of the game, the Prince of persia-style puzzles and such, but I don't know how many there are that'd make it worth it.

edit: ah, it's apparently the 3 DLC tombs that came with the Collector's Edition: Palazzo Medici, Santa Mario Del Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard. I don't think it's worth 5 bucks but eh

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    maybe it's a pack of all the extra little DLC tombs? Those were some of the best parts of the game, the Prince of persia-style puzzles and such, but I don't know how many there are that'd make it worth it.
    I didn't even know there were DLC tombs. It says its the tombs that come with the Collectors Edition. Anyone done those?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've done 2, maybe 3 of 'em. Not bad.

Finished Bonefire, it's about 2 hours, 2 1/2 if you really suck. Some of the Assassinations are annoyingly long the first time because they're that "Don't ever get seen even for one second" time, and die > repeat alot

That said it was pretty fun, and the ending was actually decent.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I didn't even know there were DLC tombs. It says its the tombs that come with the Collectors Edition. Anyone done those?
    I have the collectors edition and it had two of those three (not the arsenal ship) I wasn't going to pay $5 for one additional tomb so I bought just the regular BoV, I like the additional tombs and really like AC2 so the $5 for all three would be worth it to me, but depends on how tight money is for you and how much you enjoy AC2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I decided against buying the two sequences (which should have been in the game to start with...), and just watch Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities on youtube.. there are enough people that showed their entire run of both sequences.
    I gotta say that while the story DOES help you connect a few points together, it's just not that appealing to buy unless you have nothing better to do...
    In sequence 12 it seems like they're making you fight constantly for no other reason than to lengthen the time, and the same can be said with sequence 13's "hey guys let's go kill NINE random people so we can get to the actual dude and finish this god-awful sequence"...

Just terrible IMO... I enjoyed the cutscenes though, at least it explains what happened with the Apple, etc. and how the hell Ezio suddenly and conveniently had a map of all the codex locations in the last sequence.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Care to explain the apple shit? I thought they just left that info out on purpose so they had yet another plot point to explain in AC3.

Didn't know Ezio got an auto-map for codexes at the end of the game, but to be honest, they're a joke to find given they're marked on your map as you run near them anyhow. Had all mine collected before the final sequence.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Care to explain the apple shit? I thought they just left that info out on purpose so they had yet another plot point to explain in AC3.

Didn't know Ezio got an auto-map for codexes at the end of the game, but to be honest, they're a joke to find given they're marked on your map as you run near them anyhow. Had all mine collected before the final sequence.
    Well there wasn't much story in those sequences anyways...
    Basically in 12, Ezio's uncle tells Da Vinci to come visit him at the villa (which sort of explains how he ended up there in the final sequence..) as they inspect the apple, along with Ezio and Machiavelli (the dude who shows up at the end of sequence 11 and introduces himself to Ezio as part of the assassins..) Ezio and Machiavelli decide to go to Forli to meet Caterina and hide the Apple there, because apparently she can keep it safe. Except some two random brothers show up working for Borgia who have come there to get Caterina's deceased husband's map, which apparently shows where all the codex pages are. They attack the town and kidnap two of her children, and Ezio goes after them and saves the day blablabla... he lets her keep the apple while he goes after them, though, and one of the brothers uses the chance to attack the undefended Forli once again and gets the apple. Ezio goes after him, too (after receiving the map from Caterina, which is how he magically had a map that led him to all the codex pages in sequence 14) and gets the apple back, only to get a dagger in his stomach right as he assassinates the second brother.. some monk shows up and takes the apple away from him.

Then it sort of transitions into sequence 13, where that monk goes back to Firenze and controls the town with his newly acquired treasure... Ezio heals from his wound and now sports a beard, and they basically set you up with a mission to kill 9 of his officers so you can get to him more easily... obviously, those 9 assassinations were put there to make the sequence seem longer than it has to be, because those people barely give you any information at all anyways. Ezio gets to him after killing everyone else, and takes the apple away from him (after some retarded soldier picks it up once it falls down and runs away with it..)

Then, Ezio and the other assassins take the apple away and decide to meet up at the villa, where sequence 14 starts.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I loved AC2 and bought the first DLC on a whim. I'm going to get the second one when I get some MS points, but I don't think I'll enjoy the game as much the second time. Getting all the achievements wasn't as bad as the first game at least.