+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed II     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

As much as I loved the whole massive crowd aspect, the one thing that annoyed me was that the beggars only seemed to hound you down. I hope they change that and make them more random so you feel more like just another face in the crowd.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

In the first city you weren't bombarded by beggars (you can certainly hear them) until later on for some reason. Pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    says in the article that flag collection is gone in favor of collectibles with a use
    sweet!

btw, i eventually just started shanking the beggers that were bugging me for extended periods of time. Talk about satisfaction...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu View Post
    sweet!

btw, i eventually just started shanking the beggers that were bugging me for extended periods of time. Talk about satisfaction...lol
    Yeah...I started doing that too and my wife would yell at me.

Those beggars, and the drunk bastards that try to shove me when I walk by.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

The first one was great. The repetitiveness definitely did hinder it for me, and stopped it from being a 10...With that said, I'm definitely picking up part 2 as it seems they fixed a lot of the complaints people had with the game...And I'm pretty interested to see where this story is headed

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I got bored of the game 2 or so targets before the end

How does the first 1 end?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

They should add a mode after you beat it that lets you just skip all the information collecting parts and go straight to where you have to start the main target assassination. Like a Boss only mode or something, that'd be sweet.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I got bored of the game 2 or so targets before the end

How does the first 1 end?
    IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY, MAN

But for real:

Spoiler: show
    Altair discovers that his master is really from the Knights Templar and he planned the assassinations so he could get the artifact for himself and take over the world...Abstergo is a modern day version of the Knights, and the secretary is a member of the real assassin's guild. Altair confronts Al Mualim after convincing Richard to stand down (who has mustered a force to come after Altair at the behest of Robert de Sable), Al Mualim uses the relic recovered early in the game against Altair, gogo boss fight, after Al Mualim dies the memory fully synchronizes and the locations of the rest of the relics is discovered...Abstergo makes off with the information with the intention of using them in their new satellite communications tech to do the whole global brainwashing thing again...you're stuck inside the facility while its being raided (supposedly by the assassins) but now have Altair's "sense" and can see glyphs all over the chamber implicating the Knights in various world events going back through centuries of history...and a large mural on the wall in your "bedroom" with several mysterious mixed religious references. Fin.

tl;dr- Shit's fucked, Abstergo is evil and wants world domination, still no earthly idea about Desmond's past

Abstergo was the company Desmond was locked up by right? I'm in the same situation basically, I got to the part where I was on my way to kill Richard and then I had to return it to blockbuster so I missed the end.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I came when I read the cover story, loved the first one and fuck yeah Italy!

Assassin's Creed 2 - Novo trailer

No need to get excited, the 'trailer' sucks. Just posting it, in case anyone is curious.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

loved the first game, except the metal lazy boy modern day DNA crap...

just put me 1000 years ago and leave me there to play

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Does this one have more then 5 or 6 tasks you have to do 389 times?

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Very much looking forward to this. Loved the story of the first game and the ending sequence. Despite the repetitive nature of the game, I was still very engrossed by it. If they do improve as the article says they will, I will surely be hooked once again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz View Post
    Does this one have more then 5 or 6 tasks you have to do 389 times?
    yes, its mission based intel stuff, upwards of 200 missions this time, no pickpocketing and shit like last time

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Lol at the trailer for the trailer. Game looks fucking sick. Yea at more than 3 weapons. Yea at being at to swim. YES at having to hidden blades and using them in battle. Oh God I can't wait.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Justice is so good, the song sold the game for me, tbh.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Elune

I cant wait for this. Alot of my friends didnt like the first one that much, but I was enthralled. Jumping from the rooftops to shank a guard down below never got old for me. This is one of those games I got 1000/1000 on and very proud of doing so.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph