+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed II     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My reg edition is paid off but im not paying extra money for bonus content that should be in the game ;(

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    My reg edition is paid off but im not paying extra money for bonus content that should be in the game ;(
    That's exactly how I feel.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

i have collectors cause i want the statue

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    i have collectors cause i want the doll
    ftfy
    Kidding, but 'statues' that come with games are shitty plastic things like 98 percent of the time

9 times out of 10 if you know someone at gamestop you can just get pretty much any preorder premium for free anyway. Most stores have entire drawers devoted to swag, sure the good stuff gets cleaned out quickly sometimes, but I made out like a bandit when I worked there.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    9 times out of 10 if you know someone at gamestop you can just get pretty much any preorder premium for free anyway. Most stores have entire drawers devoted to swag, sure the good stuff gets cleaned out quickly sometimes, but I made out like a bandit when I worked there.
    Fun story. I walk into a gamestop, guy has bought an xbox used, returns it because it doesn't work. Decides to buy a new one instead. At this point he has made an hours worth or drives from house to GS to house to GS. He goes to checkout and is like 9 bucks short. Its like 5 minutes til closing and the guy looks pretty pissed about the situation. I've got like 50 bucks on a card so I just hand it to the cashier. Dude looks like hes about to cry and thanks me. Cashier, after the guy leaves, is like Holy crap that was awesome, and fills a shopping bag with free swag. Got two action figures, 3 art books, 2 or 3 soundtracks, a handful of demos, and codes for downloadable stuff.

I should post pictures of some of the stuff I've gotten, there are some neat things there.

of course, most of the cool swag is given out to managers (and other trade show attendees) at the annual GS manager's conference, but most store managers get boxes shipped to their store that they share with the employees.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Problem is they are getting smart with the extra stuff. The Batman: AA stuff was actually on the disc, it wasn't a code on a slip of paper or anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This is still easily my most anticipated game of the year and this hands on link made me more excited about it, they've added a ton of stuff from the first, and even the new story sounds fantastic and enthralling. Do note the hands on has some spoilerific material in it so be warned. Looting bodies have been added, pickpocketing has been changed, armor is upgradeable, needs to be repaired, you have to get healed when you take damage and so on, small little tweaks are making this game, better and better.
    [link deleted]

sucks to have a release date a week after Modern Warfare 2. I liked the first one even though its repetitive, i'm glad they made all those changes I cant wait for this game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

[link deleted]

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Achievements (Trophies will be the same I'm sure):

Xbox360Achievements.org - Assassin's Creed 2 Achievement List

First of the "Lineage" prequel videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2kbLBuSOg

Can't wait!

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

That Lineage video was awesome, I cant wait to see the next two.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

AC Movie in the future!? Yes please! The movie like videos games have been making lately are amazing (ODST and AC II).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Another preview trailer, too:

Assassin's Creed II Video Game, Preview | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Some of the footage has been seen before, but the end makes it well worth watching. I can't wait!

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I never finished the first AC cause I got bored of doing the missions (being so repetitive). Looking forward to this one however, time to get my 360 back from my sisters house.

Anyone got a summary of the firsts story and such for me. I only remember so much about it and forget how far I got in it.

Ridill
    BG Level

can't really say there was an actual story.
    Spoiler: show
    bad guys look for somehting using the protagonist, bad guys looking for the thing still, story ends.

Brief cliffnotes of what happend in AC1:

-Miles Desmond is kidnapped by Abstergo, a company that has apparantly been working behind the scenes in all modern day discoveries, and is forced to go in the Animus

-You learn of Altair, the actual game starts in Solomon's Temple, where Altair is trying to recover a religious artifact from the templars.

-While recovering the artifact you endanger your partners and fail the mission due to ignoring the assassin's code.

-Later, after returning from your failed mission, one of the other assassins on the mission returns, with the artifact you were told to recover.

-Due to the ignorance of the code, you are stripped of your rank and must retrain and regain your ranks be eliminating 9 targets with seemingly no connection.

-You go about assassinating the 9 people given by your leader, and eventually learn that they are indeed connected in some way.

-Throughout the story you learn that the people who kidnapped Desmond are modern day templars, and that your ancestors were assassin's (and that you once were too(? - mentioned in a cutscene that "he no longer does that anymore, is unclear)) You also meet Lucy, a woman who seems to have your needs ahead of the needs of Abstergo (I think it's mentioned in a conversation with her that she doesn not work for them, but I don't recall what she is supposed to be doing)

-After completing all 9 of the assassinations and conversing with the targets before thier deaths, you learn that Al Mualim (Leader of the Assassin's Guild) knows how to use the device, and that it is a mind control device of sorts.

-You go to King Richard, and try to convince him to bring the war between the templars and the assassin's to peace, but this does not go to plan.

-Altair returns to the town the assassin's guild is in and finds it deserted, he proceeds to the guild only to learn that Al Mualim has brainwashed the other assassin's, and you must fight your way to Al Mualim.

-Cue final showdown with Al Mualim, Altair recovers the artifact from him, and a giant glowing map of the world pops up, with markers all over the world where artifacts similar to the one Al Mualim had are believed to be.

-This is what the Modern day templars were after, and why desmond was kidnapped, to find the location of the rest of the artifacts.

-Desmond exits the animus, and the kidnapper says that you are no longer needed, however Lucy argues that they may need him later on, and he is allowed to live.

-Both Lucy and your kidnapper leave, you now have access to eagle vision as Desmond (Previously only usable as Altair inside the Animus) When looking around the room the Animus is in, you see many strange symbols and writings covering the walls and floors of the rooms. End credits.

I have probably missed a LOT out, I haven't played AC1 in well over a year, this is by memory, if I have missed anything please say.

Also I appologize for using vague words like "the artifact" but as I said, it's been a year.

so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

The one thing tht got me excited for AC2 was how the new character has double hidden blades. Seems juvenile, but in the first game, I can't count how many times I would go to kill an archer and another would waltz up next to him fucking me over.

I used to rage over that shit so much, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by meeeeeep View Post
    Brief cliffnotes of what happend in AC1:

-Miles Desmond is kidnapped by Abstergo, a company that has apparantly been working behind the scenes in all modern day discoveries, and is forced to go in the Animus

-You learn of Altair, the actual game starts in Solomon's Temple, where Altair is trying to recover a religious artifact from the templars.

-While recovering the artifact you endanger your partners and fail the mission due to ignoring the assassin's code.

-Later, after returning from your failed mission, one of the other assassins on the mission returns, with the artifact you were told to recover.

-Due to the ignorance of the code, you are stripped of your rank and must retrain and regain your ranks be eliminating 9 targets with seemingly no connection.

-You go about assassinating the 9 people given by your leader, and eventually learn that they are indeed connected in some way.

-Throughout the story you learn that the people who kidnapped Desmond are modern day templars, and that your ancestors were assassin's (and that you once were too(? - mentioned in a cutscene that "he no longer does that anymore, is unclear)) You also meet Lucy, a woman who seems to have your needs ahead of the needs of Abstergo (I think it's mentioned in a conversation with her that she doesn not work for them, but I don't recall what she is supposed to be doing)

-After completing all 9 of the assassinations and conversing with the targets before thier deaths, you learn that Al Mualim (Leader of the Assassin's Guild) knows how to use the device, and that it is a mind control device of sorts.

-You go to King Richard, and try to convince him to bring the war between the templars and the assassin's to peace, but this does not go to plan.

-Altair returns to the town the assassin's guild is in and finds it deserted, he proceeds to the guild only to learn that Al Mualim has brainwashed the other assassin's, and you must fight your way to Al Mualim.

-Cue final showdown with Al Mualim, Altair recovers the artifact from him, and a giant glowing map of the world pops up, with markers all over the world where artifacts similar to the one Al Mualim had are believed to be.

-This is what the Modern day templars were after, and why desmond was kidnapped, to find the location of the rest of the artifacts.

-Desmond exits the animus, and the kidnapper says that you are no longer needed, however Lucy argues that they may need him later on, and he is allowed to live.

-Both Lucy and your kidnapper leave, you now have access to eagle vision as Desmond (Previously only usable as Altair inside the Animus) When looking around the room the Animus is in, you see many strange symbols and writings covering the walls and floors of the rooms. End credits.

I have probably missed a LOT out, I haven't played AC1 in well over a year, this is by memory, if I have missed anything please say.

Also I appologize for using vague words like "the artifact" but as I said, it's been a year.
    I believe Lucy was under cover in the templar organization, and is an assassin or descendant of them.