• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looking for new LCD Monitor and Video Card.

I am looking to buy a new video card (preferably with HDMI) and also a new LCD that supports HDMI. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

I don't care, make something up!
    BG Level

Could check out the Dell 2209wa, just bought one myself and couldnt be happier with it. $212+tax for me. Also, Displays - [H]ard|Forum

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Check the other 2 or 3 monitor threads on this first page of tech...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How much do you want to spend? What size lcd you looking for? and what are your current rigs specs?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

HDMI doesn't matter going from the PC to the monitor as most support HDCP over DVI

what might matter is are you looking to use it as a TV (connected to a aerial antenna or cable blox, or gaming consoles) in which case you might want to look for a monitor with built in TV tuner and so on.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just upgraded from a 22-inch to a Samsung T260HD 26” HDTV widescreen monitor, and I am loving it! It has a 2 HDMI slots,, 1 Behind, 1 at the side. You can also connect using DVI Connector or normal analog RGB.. If your current monitor is 22 inch or smaller, You will feel the BIG Difference. I mainly got this monitor because it has 2 HDMI slots for my future Playstation 3 and to watch TV in my room too.. And also to connect my current Playstation 2 using Component Cables.. Thats what i Love about this monitor. Has many many connections.

26” HDTV widescreen monitor T260HD - LCD - monitors | SAMSUNG

I read that the EVGA GeForce GTX 295 has HDMI Output... But I think that card is very very expensive.. Sorry, but you have to do more research on that area friend..

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm looking to spend about $300 on a monitor or so and about 250ish on a new video card. I just got news though that from my company I can get 24" Gateway Monitors for $140. I think we ordered way too many for all the new ppl. So depending on what they look like and if they are good lcd's ill be buying 2.