+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

A Crystalline Prophecy Review from 1up...

Final Fantasy XI A Crystalline Prophecy Review for the PC,Xbox 360 from 1UP.com

Wow, I had a feeling Milkman was going to be harsh with his review of ACP, but this is downright damning of SE.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

With the latest patch added to the XI universe, a $10 add-on called A Crystalline Prophecy, FFXI more closely than ever apes the WOW experience and is, in my the opinion, the biggest waste of time ever.
    Also it didn't have Bee Mage, right?

gives the player a handful of limp cut-scenes, a hell of a lot of time-wasting, and a piece of customizable armor that seems barely worth the effort.
    I heard a million SMN cry out in protest, and then go suddenly silent.

I agree with the guy in principle about why the add-on was bad, but he's done some horrible articles in the past.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

James Mielke = Neosutra

LOL @ the user review.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

At least the review is accurate. >.>

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The review is indeed accurate, I would rather have spent the money for the body and skipped the hours of farming.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck, he didn't have a phalanx of stunners for the fight.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Accurate review, albeit a little BAWWWWWish. I think the final fight itself is worth the price tag, it was pretty fun in my opinion.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kirin is srs bsns.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Another boohoowahwah response to ACP while blatently disregarding the amazing and unique augmented gear possible as infinitely repeatable rewards for Ivory/Ebon Keys.

(I know augmented equipment isn't specific to ACP, but the earrings/rings from Ivory/Ebon Keys can be awesome and contain augments far superior than any of the Elite Training supply by far and end up being premium new best gear for a large amount of jobs in non-visible slots like ear/neck/waist/ring/etc.)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The User Reviews at the bottom of the article are awesome lol.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Another boohoowahwah response to ACP while blatently disregarding the amazing and unique augmented gear possible as infinitely repeatable rewards for Ivory/Ebon Keys.

(I know augmented equipment isn't specific to ACP, but the earrings/rings from Ivory/Ebon Keys can be awesome and contain augments far superior than any of the Elite Training supply by far and end up being premium new best gear for a large amount of jobs in non-visible slots like ear/neck/waist/ring/etc.)
    I did try to argue that point with the boss in LS that unlike a lot of the previous content, there's a high level of replayability that hasn't been present in any other expansion to date. However, that kinda pales in comparison when said content is just annoying as frak (think CoP-level running around annoyance). But he does make a very good point, this is NOT worth spending $10 for what amounts to 3-4 additional quests which could have been made part of the update very easilly.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Actually, he didn't ignore that point. In fact, he mentioned that is the only reason people feel justified paying for the additional pack.

Edit: Other packs have much greater "Replay" value since technically, areas are apart of packs and you do revisit many of the older areas.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    The User Reviews at the bottom of the article are awesome lol.
    lol

But seriously though, personally (and I'm only up to the Fei'yin fight myself, no spoilers please), storyline wise this is one of their weaker plotlines. I have just not found any reason to really become emotionally attached to this tale.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Accurate review, albeit a little BAWWWWWish. I think the final fight itself is worth the price tag, it was pretty fun in my opinion.
    too bad the final boss died within 45 sec to my group of 5 x2 mnk (1 w/ glanzfail), sam, brd, and rdm

SV minuet x2, x2 hundred fists = dead ass mob.

The Fei'yin BC was harder >.>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Actually, he didn't ignore that point. In fact, he mentioned that is the only reason people feel justified paying for the additional pack.

Edit: Other packs have much greater "Replay" value since technically, areas are apart of packs and you do revisit many of the older areas.
    Actually, he only mentioned the customizable armor that you receive at the end as being the only reason that the pack is worth it.

It's a fairly large over-sight on his part, as some of this armor is the prime gear for that slot, and doesn't require HNMs to do it.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Nothing seems to be amiss here.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Pretty accurate review. If anything, he was generous in not mentioning that the cutscene animations are basically zilart-quality, with npcs doing little more than running and moving their arms clumsily. Serpent Generals quests had infinitely better cutscenes for free.

Banned.

BG Level

While I think milky is probably right, he doesn't make sense in most of his review.

a meaninglessly level-capped chore
    How is it meaningless? In the review he goes on to mention that monsters will now attack him: there is your meaning buddy. Unless he is calling the whole chore meaningless. In that case: What would be a meaningful chore? Sounds like nonsense to me.

Again: Contrived
    This flies over my head. Does he mean it cheapens the "story?" Shouldn't the fact you solve all your problems with fireballs give away how cheap the story is?

More importantly: how is anything else in a videogame(or just FFXI alone if you want) less contrived? Videogames are born contrived for fucks sake. How could they be anything else?

A tedious fight if the player doesn't have the manpower to Zerg the boss.
    Well obviously the player(s) needs to look into the manpower to Zerg. If that is a problem... explain why. Or don't bother, I already know Milk man couldn't tell me shit about how to be good at FFXI. That's why smart people trust Blue Gartr forums before him.

Calling the new missionline easy and full of things between the player and the game(battle system, exploration) are valid criticism. It just seems that the context of the interview would make more sense if he hated FFXI instead.

EDIT: Yeah it is accurate alright. Too bad his weapon of choice is more like a fucking banana than a gun. You are not going to kill anyone with that.

EDIT:

I'm sure 98% of Vana'diel's subscribers would rather have just paid the $10 for the armor and skipped all of the time-wasting,
    Because 98% of subscribers hate the game?

Imagine spending $10 a day for mediocre, tacked-on content.
    Welcome to DLC.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

The review should have mentioned how you have to reclimb the tower if you fail the BCNM :/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't think the expansion was terrible, it could have done with being a bit longer and having more fun content rather than tedious (killing low levels mobs for key items) but I liked it from Mandragoras onwards, it was just incredibly short. Reward was great but expected a bit more length/challenge CoP style to get it, either way its $10 and I will most likely be getting the other two, rewards will have to be as good if the other two are going to be similar content/length wise though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast