Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Clothcraft 89-94 Errant Slops or rainbow cape

Hi, i currently got to 89 in clothcraf doing some wam cloth and i'm trying to decide what to do now..

I have about 5 stacks of rainbow cloth saved from the earlier levels thinking that i could go from 89 to 94 doing rainbow capes, but now that i'm at the lvl range i'm having trouble to decide whats better, sell the cloth and buy/craft mats to do errant slops or keep with the plan of doing capes..

As side note my leather craft is just 19

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

would be a bit of a loss but chances are u will hq one, after the capes you could then desynth and get threads to do slops with, and again you have a chance at an hq even though its tier 0

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

5 stacks of rainbow cloth might get you like .4 of a level. If you don't mind farming webs then rainbow capes are fine, however...that's a lot of webs.

Slops are still cheaper and would be my pick easily. Your leather is 19, but you're going to want it much higher once you actually get CC up to 99.

Cloth 89 is the level I stopped CC and switch to Leather 0->60. The amount of gil I made leveling leather to 60 helped go back to making slops, and I saved the mats I needed for the slops along the way.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Don't overlook Giant Bird Fletchings (93)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

what above poster said. Sell cloths, make some gil, then go and spend 6 weeks~ living outside sacrium(sp) entrance farming birds. Get the occasional wind ele there so can get your crystals free (you will certainly get crystals faster than you can use them cos the drop rate is shocking).

Thats how i got to 93 (then did 93-96 on errant hpls complete with hq :D)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Damnit, I've been playing too long. The only place to farm them when I hit 100 was the 3 spawns in S.Altepa or VoS.

Yeah...the drop rate outside Sacrarium is very good, completely forgot that one.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Giant Bird Fletchings > 93

Foulard > 98

It shouldn't be that bad, i did foulard from 96-98 when they added it, then SE put foulard on gobbiebag and i made profit selling my 4 stacks of those.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

little snippet of the list I made myself for my Cloth mule:

80-88 Wamora Silk
    88-90 Wamora Cloth
    90-92 Rasetsu Sune-Ate
    90-93 Giant Bird Fletchings
    90-94 Errant Slops
    92-97 Rasetsu Hakama
    94-95 Rasetsu Tekko

I did a mixture of everything there except for the fletchings. You just have to be smart about it. For me, it was totally worth it to level smithing and leather subs to a few levels below the sub caps on the Rasetsu stuff and getting free smithing and leather skillups while skilling cloth. The Sune-Ate and Tekko were break even/small loss on my server, and the Hakama only really sell on GP days when it's the item but you can sell 5-6 of them easy and it's a small loss compared to other stuff those levels. Since Foulard is now a gobbiebag item it may be better, but I don't know since I was past that stage by the time it came out. Be warned, though... the smithing caps listed on ffxiah and otherwiki are wrong (2-3 levels too low for both Sune-Ate and Tekko) for the rasetsu stuff, I lost a couple hundred k figuring that out for myself.

edit: pretty sure the leather caps were too low too, but it's been awhile so I'm not 100% sure

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Getting that Leathercraft sub up will be the best thing you can do for yourself. It'll open you up for the possibility of making some HQ cursed gear and making yourself a nice chunk of gil.

BTW, Leathercraft is cake to 49....the early 50s suck, but at 54, Tiger Leather all the way to 60 and you're done.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've left my Cloth at 90 for a good 18 months now but I guess I should look into this Foulard stuff mentioned above. /farewell gilz

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

is anyone able to 100% confirm foulard to be 98 cap, i may just be going through a horrible skillup phase, but id like to check XD.

**Nvm found confirmation!

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Well, I'm CC 93, and I'm planning on skilling up on the Rasetsu till 97. On my server the mats/synth are about 25k, and the Hakama NPC for near 12k so it's not too bad of a loss.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    Well, I'm CC 93, and I'm planning on skilling up on the Rasetsu till 97. On my server the mats/synth are about 25k, and the Hakama NPC for near 12k so it's not too bad of a loss.
    Just save them all for GP days if you have a mule to store them on. Throw one on the AH because they do occasionally sell there too. On GP days I easily sold 5-6 at least, more if i caught it was Hakama day before i went to work.