Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level

New shell looking for advice on Hidesvini

Recently, I made a brand new Einherar ls (by recently I mean last night). Considerng it came into existence 4 hours before the run, I'd say it did pretty good, even why I botched a pull and we just killed everything at once lol.

Most of us have experience with just farming tier 1 floors for amps, and none of the tier one bosses are really that difficult themselves, but none of us know how to handle the marid's pets. I asked some friends how their group does the marid when they run into him, and got the most fail answer ever..."we just packed it in and took the 960amps."

What's the best way to handle the chiggoes? They seem to be the only thing that gave us trouble. I was hoping to find a way involving as few people as possible dealing with them, since more people generally means more chance of mistakes. Can they be kited by a solo RDM like the odin pets?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

In my experience, the best way to beat marid is to chainspell stun zerg it (like almost every other bosses), and have 4-5 BLM deal with chigos (1 thundaga clear 3 chigoes).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

RDM Diaga Chigoes, BLM Thundaga or Blizzaga or whatever.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xeydias Stahlzahn
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, I don't know if this is purely a fluke or not, but from what I've seen, as long as no direct interaction is made on them, the djiggas that Hildesvini spawn will only attack the group that spawned them, and not another alliance in the fight.

What happened was my ls had about 22 people show up for an Einherjar run with Hildesvini being the Guardian for that particular run. We cleared the normal mobs and then went after the marid, which proceeded to spawn djiggas. Given our lack of blm for the run we eventually got overwhelmed, but I noticed that after my alliance wiped, the other party (with the 4 extra people) were able to continue fighting Hildesvini without having the djiggas attack them. They'd run up to the four like they were preparing to attack, but they'd just stand there (like how if a Summoner with Carbuncle out were to be PLing a group and the Smn pulls hate, Carby will rush towards it because of the aggro but won't be able to actually fight the mob). Eventually Hildesvini took out the remaining people, but the djiggas didn't so much as touch that extra party.

So I believe that instead of just zerg rushing Hildesvini, have a small party engage him and try to get him to spawn all the djiggas he's capable of having out at one time, then wipe and have your alliance or whatever fight Hildesvini, thereby taking the djiggas out of the picture.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just bring a PLD or two, tank it straight up, put all the DDs on it and have 2 of your 4 BLMs alternate -ga spells to take down the Djiggas.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

One of our PLDs likes to go PLD/RDM.. so he just does diaga when they pop so they don't beat on people and BLM alternate ga to take it down. Easy boss.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Have a rdm with a -damage set just cast stoneskin and phalanx and diaga the chigoes on pop, and have 2-3 blm all -ga2 the chigoes which will kill all of the chigs on the rdm. If you have more blm, make them into 2 groups and have them alternate so mp will go further.

Don't need anything fancy, just basic crowd control. Its just faster paced then most pet situations.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Our BLMs just spam -ga 2 spells, usually 1 shots unless there's a reset. We've won with as low as 5 BLMs there before, chainspell stun at the start usually though, bring him down as much as possible.