Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ix'drk animosity question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ix'drk animosity question

My LS is under the assumption that the only aerns you can get animosity from are the 3 aerns that are up in the room that the ??? is currently up in, thus leaving ppl to stand around 15mins for repops. The article in other wiki also kind of implies that this is the only way to get animosity. There's 2 questions about things i've heard that aren't clear:

1) Can you get animosity from the 3 aerns in the other ix'drk rooms that the ??? is NOT currently up in?

and

2) Are you able to pull any aern in the zone into an ix'drk room, kill it, and get animosity from it?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quick copy paste from wiki:

# Spawned by checking a a ??? in (F-8 ), (J-8 ), (F-10) or (J-10) (see map) on the ground floor of The Garden of Ru'Hmet by "sheer animosity." The ??? moves every 30 minutes, respawning in at most 30 seconds time after initially disappearing. It will spawn at one of the four locations at equal chance, even where it once was.
    # The ??? respawns 15 minutes after the Ix'aern is killed.
    # When you check the ???, when no one has animosity, it should say "You sense some unknown presence..."
    # Once you find the ???, kill the local aerns (the 3 that are in the room next to the ???) until one player gets the message "PLAYER is enveloped in sheer animosity!" Only the recipient of the animosity will see the message. The message has the chance to display a few seconds after one of the Aw'aerns is defeated.
    # At this point, when other players check the ??? they get the message "You sense an unknown presence, but it does not seem hostile."
    # The player with animosity must check the ??? within 10 minutes to pop the NM along with its two Qn'aern helpers (RNG).
    Basically, the Aerns in the room with the ??? would be the only ones that trigger the Animosity. I've only farmed in the rooms with the ??? for the animosity message though so I can't tell for /sure/ that any other method would work, but this is what wiki says ^^;.

Quote Originally Posted by TelosIllumini View Post
    Quick copy paste from wiki:

Basically, the Aerns in the room with the ??? would be the only ones that trigger the Animosity. I've only farmed in the rooms with the ??? for the animosity message though so I can't tell for /sure/ that any other method would work, but this is what wiki says ^^;.
    I was suggesting that maybe the current wiki article gives the wrong implications

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have nv tried killing aerns on other non ??? rooms and doubt anyone has tried before since I always got the Ix to pop in the room with ???. I guess if you have extra people you could try to see if your theory works. I doubt it will though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Have tried them while bored, and haven't seen animosity. No point in wasting time trying to pop it with more than 2-3 people really.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Balthasar View Post
    My LS is under the assumption that the only aerns you can get animosity from are the 3 aerns that are up in the room that the ??? is currently up in, thus leaving ppl to stand around 15mins for repops. The article in other wiki also kind of implies that this is the only way to get animosity. There's 2 questions about things i've heard that aren't clear:

1) Can you get animosity from the 3 aerns in the other ix'drk rooms that the ??? is NOT currently up in?

and

2) Are you able to pull any aern in the zone into an ix'drk room, kill it, and get animosity from it?

I can semi-confirm your second question. animosity is not limited to the room of the ???. My LS will kill the 3 aerns in the room and clear out the long room in between the towers that has 4 aerns. So idk if the animosity can only obtained from 1/2 of the zone or the entire zone. Our general rule of thumb while pulling the other 4 aerns is to kill them INSIDE the room with the ???. i don't know if they can be outside that room or not but we don't want to spend an entire next testing it out

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've killed many, many Aerns in and out of the ??? room and have only ever gotten Animosity from killing the ones in the ??? room. For a while I'd solo the ones not in the ??? room whenever there was another party doing Ix'Drk, but I never got Animosity unless I was killing ones in the ??? room. Then again, until two weeks ago I'd never seen Aerns that pop Ix'Drg drop anything and I've done that at least as much, so who knows!?

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I've had two sets of trio groups for Ix'DRK, and we'd always pull the Aerns outside of the rooms between the mobs inside's repops. We however never got an animosity from the outside Aerns between the 15 or so Ix'Aerns we popped. If you're waiting for repops and can comfortably kill them, EXP is still EXP was our logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyboi View Post
    I can semi-confirm your second question. animosity is not limited to the room of the ???. My LS will kill the 3 aerns in the room and clear out the long room in between the towers that has 4 aerns. So idk if the animosity can only obtained from 1/2 of the zone or the entire zone. Our general rule of thumb while pulling the other 4 aerns is to kill them INSIDE the room with the ???. i don't know if they can be outside that room or not but we don't want to spend an entire next testing it out
    but you've gotten animosity from one of those 4 aerns after pulling to the ??? room and killing them there?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes i have. It can be a bit of a pull if the ??? is at either tarutaru or galka but i know or a fact you can get animosity from the 4 aerns in the rectangular rooms on each side. But like i said before. I dont know if you can only pull from the east half or west, but I do know for a fact that you can get animosity from those other 4 aerns.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Partyboi View Post
    Yes i have. It can be a bit of a pull if the ??? is at either tarutaru or galka but i know or a fact you can get animosity from the 4 aerns in the rectangular rooms on each side. But like i said before. I dont know if you can only pull from the east half or west, but I do know for a fact that you can get animosity from those other 4 aerns.
    Never seen this happen, but I'd love to see SS's to prove it (if that's possible to prove it was from the hall lol). Or a video I guess would be the only proof.