Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Zhayolm Remnants: Killing Floor 3 and 4 Madames

I've been doing a small 6 man salvage static doing Bhaf Ramparts. We plan to SSR boss + 1 NM or 2 after we get the drops we need from Ramparts.

Then comes 15's, I'm having some trouble trying to plan out Zhayolm Remnants to get all the 15 pieces we need from floor 3 and 4 Madames. Are these 2 nm's feasible in the same run? Getting help wouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't think we'd want more than, say 7 or 8.

Also, I was thinking jobs to be 4 x War/Mnk/Sam, RDM, BRD, + whatever helpers. Any recommendations for jobs?

Any feedback doing these two NM's would be appreciated, as we need 3 of each drop pretty much. Thanks in advance!

Kaelia

No, you can't do both in the same run. Reason being is floor 3 requires you to clear a full path of mamools and then fight the frog. Floor 4 madame requires you to hit floor 4 in under 30 minutes. If you want to do floor 4 madame, that's pretty much the extent of your run unfortunately. You basically want to farm (bare minimum I'd say) what you need from first floor (weapons/abilities for your melees, magic for your mages), 2nd floor clear the lizards/mamool NM which you have to do to go up anyway (and then maybe one of the rooms for either head/legs/whatever, but not all 3), and on 3rd floor send one person to the porter while you spend some time farming stat cells and port up before the 30 minute mark. Floor 3 can be done alongside the 35 NMs if you are skilled though. You could do it easily with just your 6-man group of rdm+brd and any 4 of your melees. (To be honest I think fewer--6 to 8--is generally better in Zhayolm, but I guess that could be said for any run in salvage.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I Done couple of Madame floor 4 , 6 man
    Most time we spent was in first floor, we Didn´t farm other floors,apart from hp-mp on #3.
    We skiped floor 2.
    We tryed to farm hp and mp froum southern mamol ja on floor 3 while we sent 1 person to wait at north tele for the 30min mark to take us up.
    DP the madame , is easy to do and kite, < i tried to 2h melee burn it before but the lack of equip etc, or lack of experience idk he back 2 back magic hamer for almost a wype>so we just kite killed it, wasnt fast but with 70min left and 3 100% drops is well worth a run.
    Bet there is a lot better ways to 6 man this but this is the way we did it for this particular NM.
    Fairly easy, we didnt rly had a good set up eighter , last run was um,
    NIN-MNK-RDM-COR-SCH- BST , yes bst becouse just needed a 6th to be able to go in.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did 4FN again today.. pretty straightforward.

1F - Clear central rooms as normal, don't bother with anything else, port NE.
    2F - Clear initial room + mamool, 1 drop in each of the other 3 rooms, port.
    3F - 1 person to north port, rest go west and kill for cells until ~28 min mark just to be safe.
    4F - Clear room between port and rampart room of mamool, sac NM, kill, done.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

every other madame combination is do-able

except 3 + 4 madame sadly :\

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelia View Post
    No, you can't do both in the same run. Reason being is floor 3 requires you to clear a full path of mamools and then fight the frog. Floor 4 madame requires you to hit floor 4 in under 30 minutes. If you want to do floor 4 madame, that's pretty much the extent of your run unfortunately. You basically want to farm (bare minimum I'd say) what you need from first floor (weapons/abilities for your melees, magic for your mages), 2nd floor clear the lizards/mamool NM which you have to do to go up anyway (and then maybe one of the rooms for either head/legs/whatever, but not all 3), and on 3rd floor send one person to the porter while you spend some time farming stat cells and port up before the 30 minute mark. Floor 3 can be done alongside the 35 NMs if you are skilled though. You could do it easily with just your 6-man group of rdm+brd and any 4 of your melees. (To be honest I think fewer--6 to 8--is generally better in Zhayolm, but I guess that could be said for any run in salvage.)
    Doing 4F is not the end of the run. You can do 2+jakko+4+5+6+boss. It does, however, require practice, and can likely not be done first run.

However, if you do 4F Madame, I'd recommend you at least try to go for the boss as well.

EnterpriseMMX

Done this with LS mate, here's post by Zsky in Salvage LS forum's strat if you want easy fight

4F madame poroggro trio strat

Making a post because I know there is at least a couple of people in the LS that have 25/35 pieces of usukane sune-ate and only missing lv15.

After realizing how much 4F madame poroggo madame screws up the whole run for everybody and 1F not putting out. I still didn't even want members to do a free run just for 4F either, just thought that wasn't needed.

Decided to do a low-man attempt with a MNK/THF/RDM (brought a WHM too but wasn't really needed, as the WHM only had magic/wep/sj/ability cell) Needed 3 ppl to help us enter salvage and the WHM wanted to come to help/watch.

Turned out to be even easier than I thought...
    Strat I used to get to 4F frog under 30 mins goes like this:

Don't enter @ darksday and lightningday

MNK/NIN
    THF/NIN (dual-boxed with only purpose is to sac-pull NM)
    RDM/DRK

First floor:
    pop chest and farm until 3 wep/ability/magic/SJ then port up.
    Took me 9 mins

2nd Floor:
    Pull but don't link lizards, get at least virga cell for RDM then a waist for MNK, and a ranged cell for the THF.
    I didn't even get a ring cell, but I figured would be nice to have on next runs.
    This should only take 5-7 mins

3rd Floor:
    This is up to you but I skipped this floor entirely and went straight to north portal, but you will have 10 mins or so to farm HP/MP cell if you'd like but I didn't need them.

(wtf why?)

Because mamools here took me 2-3 mins to kill solo and 2 mamool didn't even drop, so I just put it as optional, and the madame poroggo fight isn't even dangerous at all even without HP/MP cells nor any equipment gear. The RDM was only using HQ dark staff to sleep NM.

4th Floor:
    4f madame poroggo fight strategy-
    (There are only 2 rooms that are aggro-free to fight NM)
    When you sac-pull, the frogs all link and will do a nuke, potentially nuking the THF down if bind goes thru, since THF 2hr doesn't avoid magical damage.

1) Just pull NM when it's safe, link all frog and flee and head to mamool room to the west, and die there (just right by door to mamool room)

2) MNK should claim NM and bring it to east, RDM sleeps NM. If the pull went bad, wipe and RR up, try again (you have 70 mins to take down this NM and If you pull for dynamis often, this sac-pull shouldn't be hard at all)

3) Wait for all green frogs to walk back to their room up north. RDM keep NM slept and raise THF (or THF can RR, whichever works)

4) This step is what makes this fight very easy
    RDM use defensive buffs up, then create as much hate as you possibly can. Use stun/bind/dispel/convert cure4/whatever and wearing highest enmity+ gear as possible helps too (chainsaw+1 sword) then gravity NM and run to west near mamool while NM frog is still slept.

5) with RDM on standby, MNK melees madame poroggo while it chases to RDM, as soon as NM frog nears RDM, MNK disengages and RDM sleep ASAP as it is in range. While madame is sleeping, RDM spam enfeebles and stun to create more hate and run to other side, repeat whole process.

What happens here is it will use "Providence" because it is too far from the RDM to use an offensive TP move, what happens from here is NM goes into "spam buffs mode" while keeping Providence up. It will literally spam a buff on itself every 3 seconds, giving alot of time for the MNK to melee hate-free while it tries to reach the RDM. I did like 10% worth of damage to NM before it reached the RDM everytime, also have the THF collaborator the MNK whenever possible.

This method made the whole fight very simple, no water bombs, frog chorus nor breakga/death at all. MNK had 700ish HP, and RDM had 400HP and we were never in any danger. RDM never once resisted sleep at all and no ES either.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Interesting strategy. The THF also doesn't need to die, Hide works on those frogs.

EnterpriseMMX

Hide work on madame poroggo?