FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Beta keys were only in goody bag, ordering the directtv package only gets you the pet code.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Really? I had assumed they'd mail you the loot card, which has both the code and the beta key printed on it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The internet stream for 39.99, it's the directtv ticket right? For non DirectTv members? But the ticket is bought for the Directtv method right?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Really? I had assumed they'd mail you the loot card, which has both the code and the beta key printed on it.
    I did it last year, the loot card was only for the mount.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The Direct TV promotion is independent of the ticket sales. You buy the Direct TV package, you're entitled to the PPV event if you're a subscriber, and a webstream if you aren't.

If you actually want to be at Blizzcon in person your only hope is to camp the blizzard store starting in <2 hours for the rest of the day.

I did it last year, the loot card was only for the mount.
    Aw hell..

Edit: Word of advice, make sure you're logged into the blizzard store. Simply logging into your battle.net account doesn't automatically log you into the store. Oddness abounds and it's an hour away.

Edit2: What the fuck lol

http://i41.tinypic.com/28r05sm.jpg

blax n gunz
    BG Level

2 minutes have passed since it opened and 1/4 of the stock is gone...yeah...you're fucked if you don't already have tickets. I think I preferred last year's 7-hour refresh grind to get lucky enough to get a connection.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Yeah it felt like those who tried harder were better off last year (I refresh spammed the hell out of it for a long time to get mine last year). There's still the second chance for anyone who didn't get through, but there is just so many people trying lol.

When I refreshed the page and the link came up, I tried it and got sent to the index of the blizzard store site. By the time I clicked back and tried again, it sent me to like 7000 something in line. My brother on the other hand got through the first time and was probably one of the first people to get it (he was #300 something in line when the page came up), so I'm still going.

Just to see, I tried again when the stock was nearly done. 25,000+ people in line. I don't know where Blizzard is going next.. They can't keep opening halls for new people, they just won't be able to put out the content required to fill them. They probably need to raise ticket price, the demand for these tickets is absolutely insane (although it took 5 minutes for them to officially sell out this batch, taking the line system into account, it was more like 5-10 seconds). Seemed like they sold about 4-5000 $125 tickets in the blink of an eye.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

A few things might work:

Don't announce goodies before you actually sell the tickets. Nothing makes the crush harder on people than announcing yes, we are again making a limited-edition murloc pet.

Restrict tickets to 3 per household. 5 is high when you have, what 30k to sell?

Partner with someone other than DirectTV to sell the web simulcast. I'm not keen on handing over a license to spam me with emails and phone calls and snail mail to sign up for DirectTV just so I can get a pet murloc and watch the costume contest.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

They weren't going to announce goody bag iirc, but mmo champion datamined the pet.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Check out the ebay completed listings for Blizzcon 2009 already lol. Best one I saw was 2 tickets sold 'buy it now' for $1200.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

bought 3 tickets and sold all 3 at 500 a pop on craigslist.

E. Body
    BG Level

Friend of mine managed to get 12 tickets for 6 people.

Hurr durr.

aers is always one step ahead

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I was going to buy some, now I'll definitely buy at the next selling just to resell lol.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I think I almost prefer the crashfest from last year. =/

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    I think I almost prefer the crashfest from last year. =/
    That shit was chaotic. Luckily, a guildie of mine was friends with the president of 3 Point Entertainment (WoW steins) so he pulled some strings to get me a ticket. I'll have to say, other than meeting guildies, the convention was pretty boring overall. Hell, we waited hours in line for merchandise simply because we didn't find anything else that interested us. The costume contest was amusing at least.

Basically, if you read sites like mmo-champion frequently, nothing there will be a surprise. I think the only big announcement that we got first from Blizzcon last year was the new class in D3. I was excited about my beta code, but heard it might only be for SC2. :/ Would have preferred to use it for a new MMO from Blizz.

tldr; Only go if you're meeting friends there, they will keep it interesting. Otherwise, save your money and just read mmo-champ. If you're desperate for the goodie item, just go the DTV method.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

I am deeply saddened at the way in which this unfolded today. I, as well as my brother, were both where we needed to be at the time we needed to be there. Blizzard started sales one minute and 58 seconds early according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the United States Naval Observatory's clocks. While these are the clocks used to calibrate the Global Positioning Satellites, apparently Larry in Accounting’s desk clock was used to start the ticket sales.

I'd like to congratulate the scalpers whom have already posted their tickets on eBay for an outrageous price for getting their mark, and I hope you can make your Mercedes payments with the money you’re screwing people out of.

I'd also like to congratulate the people who are actually BUYING these scalped tickets right now, as they are simply enabling the scalpers.

And last, but not least, I'd like to thank Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. for once again not only letting people down, but proving once again that they do not learn from their mistakes.

User was infracted for this post.

Dude it's ok, you can pay $45 for a stream!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i just anticipated the possibility that tickets may go on sale early and started refreshing a couple minutes before 10. was #142 in the queue and got my 4 tickets. Now i'm thinking of getting a fifth to just pay for mine and my gf's tickets

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Guess I'm going after all. Made sure I F5'd earlier this time.