Thread: Blizzcon 2009     submit to reddit submit to twitter

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Blizzcon 2009

Tickets to this year's BlizzCon gaming convention, being held on August 21 and 22 in Anaheim, California, will go on sale worldwide on Saturday, May 16 for $125 each, with a second block of tickets going on sale Saturday, May 30. For those unable to attend, DIRECTV will once again be televising BlizzCon in high definition as a Pay Per View event, featuring coverage from the show floor, exclusive interviews, demos, and more. In addition, for the first time, players around the world will be able to watch the DIRECTV BlizzCon event as a Pay Per View Internet stream. Check out the press release ( Blizzard Entertainment - Press Release ) for further details, and head over to BlizzCon 2009 on May 16 or May 30 to buy your tickets.

Ticket Queue System Information- BlizzCon 2009

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> BlizzCon Tickets On Sale May 16

You know, back when I shelled out $200 so my sister and I could go I often thought (before the event started) that the idea for paying so much for a pair of tickets was just absolute horseshit. But I bit the bullet and did it anyway, because I'm pretty much a slave to Blizzard and didn't want to miss out on all the cool crap that was planned for the weekend. Within moments of actually arriving, I had my badge and my goody bag for the event.

Just going through all the free shit they toss at you from the start I realized that the bag alone was worth every penny of that $100 per ticket. Not to mention the experience itself was pretty amazing (watching a live panel, meeting dev's, previewing Diablo III, in-game rewards blablabla). Meeting people was also a neat thing since there was already something in common with everyone. Of course there was bad shit too (WELCOME TO LINECON '08, "Sorry we sold out of tickets oops our bad no they're not here buy some" website issues, and motherfucking neckbeards with B.O.), but overall the sis and I had an awesome time.

With the price going up to $125, I'd probably still go, considering how close I live to Irvine, though I'd be lying if I said it didn't disappoint me a little. However if you got da cash and can be there, I'd definitely recommend it. I plan to make my money back selling my Starcraft 2 beta key that I've been hanging on to for a while now, plus any other thing I don't really want from the goody bag. There's always people wanting stuff they can't get not being there.

Here's hoping the new ticket sale system can handle the load (they seemed SO SHOCKED last year thinking eleventy billion people would want to buy the only 10k tickets available). Anyone interested in going?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'm going if I can get a ticket.

Only thing I hope they change are line/inventory announcements at the stores. Worst part about last year was waiting 5+ hours in line at the blizzard store to find out they'd sold out of both steins when I got to the front. That seriously would have ruined my day if I didn't get to watch Jay Mohr MC all the contests on a big screen while I waited.

Failing that I'll just buy the PPV, you get the loot card anyway.

Edit: Seeing as how Blizzcon will also heavily feature Diablo 3 and SC 2 this thread can probably comfortably live in the parent Gaming forum.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I went to the first Blizzcon (I think? It was in 07) and regretted it, the highlight for me was trying out SC2. The event is pretty boring overall, you spend most of it next to sweaty nerds who don't know what a shower is or waiting in lines for stuff. It could be entirely different now but I doubt it's changed much. If you PvP a lot and are good it's a good opportunity to compete seriously and get noticed. Two of my friends (in a Priest/Warlock 2s combo back when that was the juice) got signed/sponsored for 30k a year just to continue playing WoW and come to tournaments thanks to doing well at Blizzcon. Maybe I'll go if enough people I know go but I doubt it since most of my friends who were in Nightmares Asylum don't play anymore (they basically all quit).

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

West coast = haha no but I'm totally buying the $40 streaming package for it, still get a swag key that way too >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Please D3 street date Please D3 street date Please D3 street date Please D3 street date

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Please D3 street date Please D3 street date Please D3 street date Please D3 street date
    hahahahahaha no

I liked most of Blizzcon 08. The lines were really fucking annoying though. First I went on Friday to get checked in or whatever they did I don't remember. That was like 5-6+ hours in the longest line I think I've ever taken part in. Then the damn store, what a bitch that was. It does depend on when you try to buy something. If you go early, say goodbye to your day. If you go late, better pray they didn't sell out of what you want.

The first day, I decided I should go to the store cuz I thought they were going to sell out of everything with the way the lines looked. So I bit the bullet and waited like 3-4 hours (had someone go get me food while I waited lol) and got a shirt and a poster or something.

Then the second day, on a spur of the moment thing, I decided I wanted to get a different poster and get it signed by some Korean progamers. So I went to the store, got through the line in 15 minutes with the poster in hand, went over to the dev signing area and asked some guy there if I could get one of those silvery markers. 3 signatures from surprisingly easy to access progamers later, the Blizzcon experience was a lot better.

The panels I think were pretty fun. The SC2 trilogy announcement had a really crazy atmosphere with the size of that convention hall and all the people packed in it. The rest were interesting as well, but I sort of regretted going to them; they usually get onto the internet somewhere, and usually from a better viewpoint with better sound quality than trying to find a seat in the actual place. Gaming was more fun and a better use of time... the lines were intimidating, but they actually didn't take that long to get through. SC2 was really fun, D3 wasn't terribly polished and didn't have that much diversity of play but it was still beautiful (and you could win secret prizes like signed posters in it!)

I'll probably go again this year. The goody bag alone was really a huge selling point last year (as I'm a big SC fan and was pretty sure the key included would be for SC2). Still, I could always hope the key this year might be a D3 key! Anyways, I really have no excuse to not go, I live so damn close I graduated H.S. from the convention center they hold it in.

edit: by the way, this should totally be in gaming general.

No d3 street date, no sc2, nothing.

BUT WOW EXPANSION THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEARS WOW XPAC AND WOW AND WOW

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Doombard View Post
    No d3 street date, no sc2, nothing.

BUT WOW EXPANSION THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEARS WOW XPAC AND WOW AND WOW
    What.

2/3 of last year's con was about SC2 and D3. Even without street dates announced (and c'mon it's Blizz when do they ever announce dates for anything) Blizzcon is not a WoW convention.

LazyShell
    BG Level

They may have some interesting non-WoW announcements. I've been hearing about them working on two undisclosed projects now for a long time, one of them clearly MMO in size. It seems they aren't related to the existing three franchises either, which will make their eventual announcement all the crazier. I expect the Blizzcon this year to hover a lot around the new battle.net, but if a bunch of that information has already come out by then via the SC2 beta, who knows. Can't really tell whats going to be the clear topic of discussion from Blizzcon until after its started, they are too good at keeping their secrets

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i'm kinda glad they upped the price. I'm hoping between that and the soured economy will help deter the scalpers a bit more. I got lucky with the second chance lottery, but yea. My guild always turns these conventions into a gathering anyways. Think we had something like 15 people last year from IRON and hoping for more this year.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Loot Card is: Grunty the Space Marine Murloc

Oh yeah, you want one.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

I fell in love with a shadow priest from one of the better raiding guilds I've ever been in.

Apparently when I first started playing with the guild she was involved with a druid that was also some sort of sick, sadistic bastard and she was tired of it. We all did heroics together and 10mans as the guild quickly geared me up to tank all the 25 man bosses to help alleviate some of the pressure on the only two tanks we had. Everything was great, we were all having a blast playing together and blowing through instances and raids like nothing (first sarth run I got 7 achievements including twilight vanquisher title)and magically, the next day, the druid had deleted or transferred his character.

'course at this time I didn't really know much about it other than my friend telling me about it when I mentioned she had a cute voice on vent. Turned out that it was the last straw with them and that was it. Honestly it didn't make a big difference to me I just kept on tanking and doing what I was told to do. I've heard ridiculous horror stories regarding wow-sprung relationships, so I didn't actively persue this kind of stuff.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I'm almost completely maxed out in prot-warrior 25man gear and still coasting along. She's looking for some help in guild chat with her loremaster title and everyone, including me reply with "you've got to be crazy to do that! how much damn patience do you have?!" she's kinda put off by our negativity but I decided to lend a helping hand and asked her if she still wanted help. Jumping on the idea of having someone to drudge with her through a fuckton of boring quests and stay mildly entertained, we set off to winterspring and started kalimdor quests. Not even 20 minutes in and the guild leader, who is a flirt if I have ever seen one, sends me a tell saying "Nice. First date for you guys? I've had worse"

hyperdrive another week and we're flirting during raids, making small talk and what have you and then she tells me to text/call her sometime and drops me the number. Already building a relationship, we hit it off really fast and I'm talking to her on the phone every night before sleep after raids or work. I've completely fallen for this girl. She's hot, she's got a cute southern accent when she wants to show it, she has a smile that goes for ages, she's intelligent and has goals in life and goddamnit she's awesome. Our personalities connect instantly and we share common likes and dislikes. We're both huge movie buffs and end up quoting to each other for hours like complete idiots.

We're meeting at blizzcon this year.

User was infracted for this post.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Wow really? goodluck hope everything goes well.

As for blizzcon, it's only 40$ to stream it seems, so I'm tempted to bite. I really really want the loot card.

edit: if some haven't seen it yet. fucking huge image

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Wow really? goodluck hope everything goes well.
    read his title. He's trolling.

That murloc is badass, watch the video it's a funny little pet lol.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

i found out from noobta if i get the pay per view thing i can still get the mount and pet and w/e shit so im just gonna do that i think

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

There is no mount this year, only the pet.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

read his name. He's trolling.
    Do not respond to it. That is what it wants.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

read his title. He's trolling.

That murloc is badass, watch the video it's a funny little pet lol.
    I know... guess I should make the feeding of it more obvious.

edit: and yes if you do the PPV or stream thing you still get the loot card for the murloc. There is no mount.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

w/e the point was u still get the thingy

A. Body
    BG Level

do you get beta keys if you buy the PPV package?

wait, are they giving out beta keys at all this year?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast